Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the BAEC Gold Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Dear Goldies,

can you name two Spandau Ballet songs, if so which is your favorite?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Dear Goldies,

It ain't True...
Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Well, to cut a long story short and after communication from the gate and only when you leave the sanctity of the lounge, I don't need this pressure on myself having to push through the barricades in order to get to fast track that Gold status provides .
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:21 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
How does the man that drives the snow plough get to work in the morning?

Nah!! Scrub that, I don't think they bother at LHR

S
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA-Gold (dropping to Silver soon); AA & Flying Blue; Top Gear (the Clarkson years); Doctor Who :)
Originally Posted by kipperman
Dear BA Gold

Despite being gold I couldn't care less about the champagne type in the FLounge, find the food edible and wouldn't dream of displaying bag tags.

Will I be blackballed, or could you suggest a suitable treatment?
Banned to make all longhaul flights on AF through CDG for a year....or for good behaviour maybe a return to the OW group and required to use AA (no 773's) and T3.

Maybe then the champagne label will be important and the food review will be more than edible / non-edible?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold
Dear Goldies,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R62OYwMVMYY
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:52 am

Dear Gold,

When will you start rewarding us lowly regular Golds with something extra once we reach 10 consecutive years of Goldness, mostly on our own dime?

Not very humbly,

Golden Petrus
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by Petrus
Dear Gold,

When will you start rewarding us lowly regular Golds with something extra once we reach 10 consecutive years of Goldness, mostly on our own dime?

Not very humbly,

Golden Petrus
Good point - I am up to 14 or 15 years of consecutive Gold and SWMBO is around 8 years. Maybe we should each get a Bronze serf to do our bidding and clear our way at the gate?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Petrus
Dear Gold,

Not very humbly,

Golden Petrus
That would give you at least 15,000 lifetime tier points. Would lifetime Silver status be insulting?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
That would give you at least 15,000 lifetime tier points. Would lifetime Silver status be insulting?
I thought at 15000 TPs you were entitled to "special treatment" in the Elemis spa showers?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Saltire74
How does the man that drives the snow plough get to work in the morning?

Nah!! Scrub that, I don't think they bother at LHR

S
Haven't you seen the new snowploughs at LHR? The problem is that you have to be a minimum of GGL to drive them!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Good point - I am up to 14 or 15 years of consecutive Gold and SWMBO is around 8 years. Maybe we should each get a Bronze serf to do our bidding and clear our way at the gate?
I reached 25 years gold on 1 Jan but no serfs have appeared! What's a SWMBO?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 4:14 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Oh no, wasn't he one of those 'faux golds' that used to live away from our island and so no where near the earn rate of 1.5k a year
Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Dear Goldies,

Well I think I speak on behalf of most Golds when I say my favourite would have to be Empty Spaces (written, of course, about the desire that the CW seat next to ones own is unoccupied).

That's easily followed by To Cut A Long Story Short, which is of course about Silvers trying to blag their way into GF
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Cradders
That's easily followed by To Cut A Long Story Short, which is of course about Silvers trying to blag their way into GF
I always thought it was "Through the Barricades" that covered this particular subject.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.