Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the BAEC Gold Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by KenJohn
Dear ankomonkey

I recommend you give it a try for £2.50 the next time you visit Tesco
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/produ.../?id=280303784

So much for the cost of First Class food.

Happy eating!
BA Gold
Thanks for the advice, KenJohn. Also, by buying from Tesco I can earn some Clubcard points which I can convert to Avios and build my balance until I've got enough to steal away some award availability from the real frequent fliers (gold and above) .
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Is it true once you attain Gold your hat size increases by 3/4 of an inch?
Dear Hiddy, thanks for your question. I appreciate you coming forwards with this often hushed topic.

An enlarged head can cause serious irritation to the others that seem to appear in my airport from time to time. Your concern of hat size misalignment is significant and one I can sympathise with. I managed to spot the movements of lid displacement when I passed through the Silver barrier some years ago, this was when the engorgement was at its worst and most visible in terms of slippage and with me being a general malcontent with my lot. It also coincided with a streak of wearing sunglasses indoors.

Since falling onto/into Gold I've not noticed further hat issues as I managed to leave that behind me with the silver luggage tags. I now have someone carrying a sun shade for me at all times.

J
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Dear BAEC Gold, I used to go out with a BA crew (yes, despite being a lowly blue).
Gosh, a whole crew? Is that an unannounced benefit of Blue?

Take 2: have you sold your story to the M**l on Sunday?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Originally Posted by Mattyb44
Dear BA Gold,

What is the best method of ensuring that once reaching Gold, you remain permanently segregated from the great unwashed?
Dear Matthew, thanks for contacting us here at the clinic. When travelling alone of business the distress of entering a common area of check-in and security can cause involuntary rubbing of the arms and require a decent smothering of sanitation gel.

I typically engage auto pilot, do the fast track and convince myself that the fast track is the fastest, many folks will duck and dive between barriers to save a few moments instead I focus on maintaining a good separation between people.

Once out of fast track a good funny , rush walk thing that leaves your calfs aching, down the lifts, under the lounge, up to the lounge before the final power march to the gold bar for two or three bottles of the bubbles. (at this point I don't care what bubbles they are I just need to forget everything)

To maintain actual separation from everyone, move like a high power tractor with a snow plough, typically they move out of the way for you or suffer.

More recently, I clear security, turn right into the magic door and Ben has my camomile tea and a still water NO citrus, NO ice already on the bar before I've taken my jacket off ^
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by themapelligroup
Dear Golds,

Who really killed JFK?
He was 'enhanced'
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
Dear Golds,

Who really killed JFK?
Good question.

I think killed is a strong word. But a combination of EWR, LGA and the rise of the hub-and-spoke model post-deregulation certainly played a part.

Next question?
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Given that Mrs PtF and I are both BAEC Gold we are particularly happy, and feel well-qualified, to assist with any of those awkward BA travel 'relationship' questions (I promise we won't laugh too loudly).
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Does the gold card fit up your bum sideways?
TTmex likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Lioneye
Based on the number of time passengers are apparently shafted by BA, I'd not be surprised
TTmex likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:18 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D257 Safari/9537.53)

Only if you aren't using the Cathay Pacific metal ring attachment and holder...
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Dear Goldies,

I found this product advertised on-line, and I wondered whether it's for Bronze or Silver members. I'm guessing Silver, as I don't think you get many Bronzes in Waitrose.

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/Display...oductId=344463

Could you advise?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
This is impossible. All Gold card holders receive a free proctectomy on qualification.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:45 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Dear Goldies,

I found this product advertised on-line, and I wondered whether it's for Bronze or Silver members. I'm guessing Silver, as I don't think you get many Bronzes in Waitrose.

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/Display...oductId=344463

Could you advise?
I don't expect an answer to this one. Golds will have their butler arrange a delivery of suitable provisions from Fortnum & Mason, and respond blankly when questioned about this mysterious emporium for the masses called "Waitrose".
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by V10
I don't expect an answer to this one. Golds will have their butler arrange a delivery of suitable provisions from Fortnum & Mason, and respond blankly when questioned about this mysterious emporium for the masses called "Waitrose".
Not too sure about this "Waitrose" thing, but I've heard many tales of this enterprise named "Tesco" which gives out complimentary Silver cards to anyone who purchases cabbages. Madness.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by V10
In our house the downstairs maid deals with food provisions. The butler is responsible for the weekly Gin deliveries for SWMBO which is a full time job!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.