Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
To avoid having to search through this multi-page thread, here is the crucial info contributed by several of the BA posters on this board. The full list of MF operated routes is as follows:

Updated 14 JAN 2020

Longhaul
Abu Dhabi (AUH)
Abuja (ABV) Moves WW > MF 01APR
Amman (AMM)
Atlanta (ATL)
Austin (AUS)
Baltimore (BWI) Moves WW > MF 01 APR
Bangkok (BKK) Moves MF > WW 01APR
Beijing (PKX)
Beirut (BEY)
Boston (BOS) - BA238/9 only
Buenos Aires (EZE)
Cairo (CAI)
Cape Town (CPT)
Chicago (ORD) - BA294/5 only until 31MAR. BA296/7 from 01APR
Delhi (DEL) - BA143/142 only until 31MAR. BA257/6 from 01APR
Denver (DEN) Moves WW > MF MAR only
Doha (DOH) Moves WW > MF 01APR
Dubai (DXB) - BA108/9 only. BA104/5 moves MF > WW 01APR
Durban (DUR)
Grand Cayman (GCM)
Hong Kong (HKG) - BA31/32 only Moves WW > MF 01APR
Houston (IAH)
Hyderabad (HYD)
Johannesburg (JNB)
Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
Kuwait (KWI) Moves WW > MF 30MAR
Las Vegas (LAS)
Los Angeles (LAX) - BA280/281 only
Miami (MIA) - BA208/9 only. BA206/7 moves MF > WW 01APR
Moscow (DME/SVO)
Muscat (MCT)
Nairobi (NBO) Moves MF > WW 30MAR
Nassau (NAS)
Osaka (KIX)
Phoenix (PHX)
Pittsburgh (PIT)
Portland (PDX) New to MF
San Diego (SAN)
San José (SJC)
Santiago (SCL)
Seattle (SEA)
Seoul (ICN)
Shanghai (PVG)
Singapore (SIN) - BA15/16 only
Sydney (SYD)
Tel Aviv (TLV)
Toronto (YYZ)
Vancouver (YVR)

Shorthaul
Aberdeen (ABZ)
Barcelona (BCN)
Bastia (BIA)
Belfast City (BHD)
Bologna (BLQ)
Brussels (BRU)
Bucharest (OTP)
Budapest (BUD)
Chánia (CHQ)
Copenhagen (CPH) Moves EF > MF 30MAR
Corfu (CFU)
Dalaman (DLM) New to MF
Dublin (DUB)
Düsseldorf (DUS)
Faro (FAO)
Frankfurt (FRA)
Gothenburg (GOT)
Hamburg (HAM)
Helsinki (HEL)
Ibiza (IBZ)
Kalamata (KLX)
Kos (KGS)
Kraków (KRK)
Larnaca (LCA)
Las Palmas (LPA)
Leeds\Bradford (LBA)
Lisbon (LIS)
Ljubljana (LJU)
Luxembourg (LUX)
Lyon (LYS)
Madrid (MAD) - BA460/461 only
Manchester (MAN)
Milan-Linate (LIN)
Montpellier (MPL) New to MF
Munich (MUC)
Mykonos (JMK)
Olbia (OLB)
Palma (PMI)
Perugia (PEG)
Podrodica (PGD)
Reykjavík (KEF)
Rhodes (RHO)
St. Petersburg (LED)
Santorini (JTR)
Split (SPU)
Sofia (SOF)
Stockholm-Arlanda (ARN)
Tenerife-South (TFS)
Vienna (VIE)
Zagreb (ZAG)

Key:
New route
Route move to MF
Route move from MF
Print Wikipost

Mixed Fleet vs non Mixed Fleet routes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 81romeo
^^^
Don't get too excited if in CW. 4 sectors and 4 awful flights. My bogey route. Especially the return to LHR.

Everywhere else I seem to have great crews.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:54 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Bumping this thread.

Is there any way to recognize a certain fleet (WW, MF, etc.) other than memorizing which routes they fly on? Do they wear a badge, or are their uniforms different?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by mattking2000
Bumping this thread.

Is there any way to recognize a certain fleet (WW, MF, etc.) other than memorizing which routes they fly on? Do they wear a badge, or are their uniforms different?
Hats. MF wear hats.

Unless you're on an A380 or 787 - in which case everyone wears hats.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Fleets other than Mixed Fleet also wear hats in certain situations so look/listen out for the title of the senior cabin crew member on board. That'll give you an answer:

Cabin Service Director (CSD) or Purser - Worldwide or Eurofleet

Customer Service Manager (CSM) - Mixed Fleet
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
You could of course just ask one of the crew!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
On long-haul you can usually tell by the age and style/mannerisms of the crew. I find the WW are generally a bit older and more confident/personable, as if they were friends hosting guests, whereas the MF are a bit younger and more 'super-cheery service for a paying customer' in style.

Obviously both of these are massive generalisations, and both can be either bad or good, it's just the way I'd describe them.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MPH1980
Hats. MF wear hats.

Unless you're on an A380 or 787 - in which case everyone wears hats.
Or "The Hats" as I was rather startled to hear the MF crew described by the definitely off-message Captain on a recent sector. I would like to think it was meant in good humour but it certainly left quite a few passengers nonplussed.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by BA235
Or "The Hats" as I was rather startled to hear the MF crew described by the definitely off-message Captain on a recent sector. I would like to think it was meant in good humour but it certainly left quite a few passengers nonplussed.
Sometimes you could also recognise male MF crew from their makeup.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
You could of course just ask one of the crew!
How sensible.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Sometimes you could also recognise male MF crew from their makeup.
This is uncalled for and rude, and that's in addition to the fact that it is simply not true.

There is simply no distinction between various fleets - they are all BA cabin crew. All doing their job either good or bad.

The hundred or so passengers who care which fleet their cabin crew are coming from are on this forum... Nobody else cares or notices.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Andriyko
This is uncalled for and rude, and that's in addition to the fact that it is simply not true.

There is simply no distinction between various fleets - they are all BA cabin crew. All doing their job either good or bad.

The hundred or so passengers who care which fleet their cabin crew are coming from are on this forum... Nobody else cares or notices.
+1 Good attitude.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold

There is simply no distinction between various fleets - they are all BA cabin crew. All either doing their job either good or bad.
Whether it is or isn't I couldn't say. My false eyelashes make it rather hard to see. Such nonsense aside, your latter comment is incorrect: of course there is a distinction between the different crews. BA wanted there to be. Whether it has worked out as they intended is not for me to say. I would say that, professionalism on the day notwithstanding, they seem united only in being thoroughly cheesed off with their treatment by the company.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques

It might be slightly rude but it actually a real way to tell if a crewmember is MF or WW, that and big quiff hair.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Why uncalled for and why rude? In my opinion it's true. So far I have never ever seen a WW or EF male cabin crew with makeup whilst I have seen several MF ones (I recon more than 50% of MF cabin crew I flew with in the last 12 months).

On the same note I would say that if you fly with a male cabin crew in his 40s with a beard the chances he might be WW or EF are pretty high. What's wrong with that? Nothing. At all.

Sorry but this is false. There are many differences between the crews, and the hut is only one example.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
It might be slightly rude but it actually a real way to tell if a crewmember is MF or WW, that and big quiff hair.
Could you please explain me why you think this is slightly rude?

I think that those male cc wearing makeup are conscious that whoever stands in from of them realises they are wearing makeup. It's not so difficult to tell, believe me (I personally don't wear makeup). So not sure why this cannot be or shouldn't be acknowledged.

On a different note, are there any BA formal policies prohibiting men from wearing makeup and/or having quiff hair?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.