Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
To avoid having to search through this multi-page thread, here is the crucial info contributed by several of the BA posters on this board. The full list of MF operated routes is as follows:

Updated 14 JAN 2020

Longhaul
Abu Dhabi (AUH)
Abuja (ABV) Moves WW > MF 01APR
Amman (AMM)
Atlanta (ATL)
Austin (AUS)
Baltimore (BWI) Moves WW > MF 01 APR
Bangkok (BKK) Moves MF > WW 01APR
Beijing (PKX)
Beirut (BEY)
Boston (BOS) - BA238/9 only
Buenos Aires (EZE)
Cairo (CAI)
Cape Town (CPT)
Chicago (ORD) - BA294/5 only until 31MAR. BA296/7 from 01APR
Delhi (DEL) - BA143/142 only until 31MAR. BA257/6 from 01APR
Denver (DEN) Moves WW > MF MAR only
Doha (DOH) Moves WW > MF 01APR
Dubai (DXB) - BA108/9 only. BA104/5 moves MF > WW 01APR
Durban (DUR)
Grand Cayman (GCM)
Hong Kong (HKG) - BA31/32 only Moves WW > MF 01APR
Houston (IAH)
Hyderabad (HYD)
Johannesburg (JNB)
Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
Kuwait (KWI) Moves WW > MF 30MAR
Las Vegas (LAS)
Los Angeles (LAX) - BA280/281 only
Miami (MIA) - BA208/9 only. BA206/7 moves MF > WW 01APR
Moscow (DME/SVO)
Muscat (MCT)
Nairobi (NBO) Moves MF > WW 30MAR
Nassau (NAS)
Osaka (KIX)
Phoenix (PHX)
Pittsburgh (PIT)
Portland (PDX) New to MF
San Diego (SAN)
San José (SJC)
Santiago (SCL)
Seattle (SEA)
Seoul (ICN)
Shanghai (PVG)
Singapore (SIN) - BA15/16 only
Sydney (SYD)
Tel Aviv (TLV)
Toronto (YYZ)
Vancouver (YVR)

Shorthaul
Aberdeen (ABZ)
Barcelona (BCN)
Bastia (BIA)
Belfast City (BHD)
Bologna (BLQ)
Brussels (BRU)
Bucharest (OTP)
Budapest (BUD)
Chánia (CHQ)
Copenhagen (CPH) Moves EF > MF 30MAR
Corfu (CFU)
Dalaman (DLM) New to MF
Dublin (DUB)
Düsseldorf (DUS)
Faro (FAO)
Frankfurt (FRA)
Gothenburg (GOT)
Hamburg (HAM)
Helsinki (HEL)
Ibiza (IBZ)
Kalamata (KLX)
Kos (KGS)
Kraków (KRK)
Larnaca (LCA)
Las Palmas (LPA)
Leeds\Bradford (LBA)
Lisbon (LIS)
Ljubljana (LJU)
Luxembourg (LUX)
Lyon (LYS)
Madrid (MAD) - BA460/461 only
Manchester (MAN)
Milan-Linate (LIN)
Montpellier (MPL) New to MF
Munich (MUC)
Mykonos (JMK)
Olbia (OLB)
Palma (PMI)
Perugia (PEG)
Podrodica (PGD)
Reykjavík (KEF)
Rhodes (RHO)
St. Petersburg (LED)
Santorini (JTR)
Split (SPU)
Sofia (SOF)
Stockholm-Arlanda (ARN)
Tenerife-South (TFS)
Vienna (VIE)
Zagreb (ZAG)

Key:
New route
Route move to MF
Route move from MF
Print Wikipost

Mixed Fleet vs non Mixed Fleet routes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
So to summarise that's 10 in to MF and 7 out. Perhaps reflects the growing size of MF vs WW.
Some of those routes moved a while ago. He was just updating the list at the top of the thread to make it correct.

Some of the latest moves are due to other routes having higher frequencies and larger aircraft, so you can't count routes as a method of working out expansion, it is not that simple.

WW is not really getting much smaller other than the general turnover it usually has. M/F will always be getting bigger as as routes expand, all new entrants are taken onto M/F or SFLGW.

BA will have, after this year's record recruitment, all together 20,000 flying staff, that includes, pilots and cabin crew, the largest figure it has ever been!
Old Jan 23, 2016, 11:40 am

I realise it is a blunt measure, but interesting to hear of the other factors.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
PVG is increasing by 3 flights, most of the routes on the higher J are operated by WW and have more crew.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:25 am

Do we know who's getting SJC?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
What about LAX?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
What about LAX?
LAX went back to WW awhile back.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:58 pm

From 1st April 2016:

Belfast City (BHD) and Zagreb (ZAG) will move from Eurofleet to Mixed Fleet.

Dubai (DXB) and Atlanta (ATL) will move from Worldwide to Mixed Fleet.

Washington (IAD) and Tel Aviv (TLV) will move from Mixed Fleet to Worldwide.

From 29th April 2016

Mahon (MAH) will be operated by Eurofleet.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I'm a pretty frequent flyer - 10,000 tier points this year, 8,500 last year. I'm still in my 30s (just), already Lifetime Gold, experienced a lot of different BA crews - but my overwhelming preference is for MF. In my experience, even if not perfect, the attitude is great. Sadly, quite often and even in F, WW is staffed by dinosaurs, stuck in a bygone age, who care more about themselves than passengers. I look forward to the continuing decline of WW, and the increased supremacy of MF. I think they resonate much better with the (relatively) younger generation. I take pleasure in handing out my Golden Tickets to the excellent staff in MF.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by brightstar100
I'm a pretty frequent flyer - 10,000 tier points this year, 8,500 last year. I'm still in my 30s (just), already Lifetime Gold, experienced a lot of different BA crews - but my overwhelming preference is for MF. In my experience, even if not perfect, the attitude is great. Sadly, quite often and even in F, WW is staffed by dinosaurs, stuck in a bygone age, who care more about themselves than passengers. I look forward to the continuing decline of WW, and the increased supremacy of MF. I think they resonate much better with the (relatively) younger generation. I take pleasure in handing out my Golden Tickets to the excellent staff in MF.
Lol - now don't sit on the fence!

Glad you enjoy your flights. Your opinion seems a bit black and white though. Also, an age gap doesn't make for worse relationships - look at grandparents and grandchildren for an extreme example.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Lol - now don't sit on the fence!

Glad you enjoy your flights. Your opinion seems a bit black and white though. Also, an age gap doesn't make for worse relationships - look at grandparents and grandchildren for an extreme example.
Yes, I don't sit on the fence - if I had to make a call in these circumstances, it would be in favour of MF - much of my career to date has involved making difficult/challenging choices. Additionally, a larger MF would have a lower cost for BA, with the potential for lower prices. I'm afraid, WW simply doesn't justify a premium, in my experience.

Agree re age gaps, I spend a lot of my time with distinguished older people, who I respect significantly. I'm afraid many people on WW, wollowing in their self-interest/pity, are worthy of little professional respect! I despair, as a customer, every time I have to endure the habitual sob story about how the past was better - sadly, times have changed in many industry sectors. The belief that the airline industry should be immune is unrealistic...

Last edited by brightstar100; Feb 25, 2016 at 5:41 pm
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:40 pm

Yes, I don't sit on the fence - if I had to make a call in these circumstances, it would be in favour of MF - much of my career to date has involved making difficult/challenging choices. Additionally, a larger MF would have a lower cost for BA, with the potential for lower prices. I'm afraid, WW simply doesn't justify a premium, in my experience.
Fair enough, but although your decisions may need to be binary, it doesn't mean your opinions need to be. I expect you've had good experiences with WW too. I've had mostly good experiences with WW and no experience of MF. This subject has been discussed at length on here and it seems overall to be quite a balanced mix of preferences for each fleet.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:46 pm

Fair enough, but although your decisions may need to be binary, it doesn't mean your opinions need to be. I expect you've had good experiences with WW too.
Yes of course I've had good experiences with WW, but - on balance - less than MF. As MF cost less and they deliver - in my experience - better than WW, they should be favoured and grown, and WW reduced. And of course we would not have to endure the incessant complaining from WW staff. Why do customers have to put up with the negative opinions of WW staff? I mean, you engage in polite conversation, and you end up hearing their woes - just quit if you hate the airline so much! You just don't get that with MF...
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:48 pm

Yes of course I've had good experiences with WW, but - on balance - less than MF. As MF cost less and they deliver - in my experience - better than WW, they should be favoured and grown. And of course we would not have to endure the incessant complaining from WW staff. Why to customers have to put up with the negative opinions of WW staff? I mean, you engage in polite conversation, and you end up hearing their woes - just quit if you hate the airline so much! You just don't get that with MF...
If that's what's happening I have to say I have sympathy for your argument. It seems very unprofessional for a start. I expect they may be in a 'golden cage' which makes it hard to leave.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Yes of course I've had good experiences with WW, but - on balance - less than MF. As MF cost less and they deliver - in my experience - better than WW, they should be favoured and grown, and WW reduced. And of course we would not have to endure the incessant complaining from WW staff. Why do customers have to put up with the negative opinions of WW staff? I mean, you engage in polite conversation, and you end up hearing their woes - just quit if you hate the airline so much! You just don't get that with MF...
I don't hear incessant complaining from WW crew. I do hear a lot of cackling, shrieking and inappropriate conversations from MF in the galley.
orlando flyer likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:53 pm

If that's what's happening I have to say I have sympathy for your argument. It seems very unprofessional for a start. I expect they may be in a 'golden cage' which makes it hard to leave.
I love BA. It is my favoured airline and I'm proud to travel it. I am just sick of the attitude of many WW staff - I am sure it is ultimately the fault of BA for not treating them so well, but as a customer, I just don't enjoy the relatively regular negativity I get when I am positive and interact. Surely it is unprofessional? In many professions, including mine, the past was better... We all have choices about which job we choose to do.

Last edited by brightstar100; Feb 25, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.