Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
To avoid having to search through this multi-page thread, here is the crucial info contributed by several of the BA posters on this board. The full list of MF operated routes is as follows:

Updated 14 JAN 2020

Longhaul
Abu Dhabi (AUH)
Abuja (ABV) Moves WW > MF 01APR
Amman (AMM)
Atlanta (ATL)
Austin (AUS)
Baltimore (BWI) Moves WW > MF 01 APR
Bangkok (BKK) Moves MF > WW 01APR
Beijing (PKX)
Beirut (BEY)
Boston (BOS) - BA238/9 only
Buenos Aires (EZE)
Cairo (CAI)
Cape Town (CPT)
Chicago (ORD) - BA294/5 only until 31MAR. BA296/7 from 01APR
Delhi (DEL) - BA143/142 only until 31MAR. BA257/6 from 01APR
Denver (DEN) Moves WW > MF MAR only
Doha (DOH) Moves WW > MF 01APR
Dubai (DXB) - BA108/9 only. BA104/5 moves MF > WW 01APR
Durban (DUR)
Grand Cayman (GCM)
Hong Kong (HKG) - BA31/32 only Moves WW > MF 01APR
Houston (IAH)
Hyderabad (HYD)
Johannesburg (JNB)
Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
Kuwait (KWI) Moves WW > MF 30MAR
Las Vegas (LAS)
Los Angeles (LAX) - BA280/281 only
Miami (MIA) - BA208/9 only. BA206/7 moves MF > WW 01APR
Moscow (DME/SVO)
Muscat (MCT)
Nairobi (NBO) Moves MF > WW 30MAR
Nassau (NAS)
Osaka (KIX)
Phoenix (PHX)
Pittsburgh (PIT)
Portland (PDX) New to MF
San Diego (SAN)
San José (SJC)
Santiago (SCL)
Seattle (SEA)
Seoul (ICN)
Shanghai (PVG)
Singapore (SIN) - BA15/16 only
Sydney (SYD)
Tel Aviv (TLV)
Toronto (YYZ)
Vancouver (YVR)

Shorthaul
Aberdeen (ABZ)
Barcelona (BCN)
Bastia (BIA)
Belfast City (BHD)
Bologna (BLQ)
Brussels (BRU)
Bucharest (OTP)
Budapest (BUD)
Chánia (CHQ)
Copenhagen (CPH) Moves EF > MF 30MAR
Corfu (CFU)
Dalaman (DLM) New to MF
Dublin (DUB)
Düsseldorf (DUS)
Faro (FAO)
Frankfurt (FRA)
Gothenburg (GOT)
Hamburg (HAM)
Helsinki (HEL)
Ibiza (IBZ)
Kalamata (KLX)
Kos (KGS)
Kraków (KRK)
Larnaca (LCA)
Las Palmas (LPA)
Leeds\Bradford (LBA)
Lisbon (LIS)
Ljubljana (LJU)
Luxembourg (LUX)
Lyon (LYS)
Madrid (MAD) - BA460/461 only
Manchester (MAN)
Milan-Linate (LIN)
Montpellier (MPL) New to MF
Munich (MUC)
Mykonos (JMK)
Olbia (OLB)
Palma (PMI)
Perugia (PEG)
Podrodica (PGD)
Reykjavík (KEF)
Rhodes (RHO)
St. Petersburg (LED)
Santorini (JTR)
Split (SPU)
Sofia (SOF)
Stockholm-Arlanda (ARN)
Tenerife-South (TFS)
Vienna (VIE)
Zagreb (ZAG)

Key:
New route
Route move to MF
Route move from MF
Print Wikipost

Mixed Fleet vs non Mixed Fleet routes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 6:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TPJ
Tried this approach - didn't work

WAW flight, so Band 3b, right?

CE: no pre-lunch drinks, just meal, tea & coffee. Galley FM then. So typical MF service...
I have had many MF shorthaul flights and I can't agree that what you describe is a "typical MF service".
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by TPJ

CE: no pre-lunch drinks, just meal, tea & coffee. Galley FM then. So typical MF service...
Sorry to hear you weren't happy with the service you recieved. What is important, is that you feed back. Did you speak to the CSM on the flight? Problem is, you see, is that until folk start telling BA that some of our crews are below par, they will continue to think that everything is rosy, and these individuals will escape having their performance managed. I would urge you to put in a quick email to customer relations, if a specific crew is identified in your feedback, this should usually be addressed with them directly.

The CSM on the day, by the way is not usually the crew members on that flight's line manager. We have team flights a couple of times a year when that is more or less the case, but not usually.

Kind regards

BA.MF.CSM
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by TPJ

This is a good example why one bad flight cannot describe the entire fleet. The worst (if one can even call it that as it was more of an 'I-don't-really-want-to-be-here-and-would-rather-be-anywhere-else' kind of an attitude) service on the KBP route I got from EF cabin crew in CE, and I had nothing but the best from MF. All my other flights with EF were absolutely brilliant so I won't brand them rude or lazy or disinterested because one Purser or CSD was like that.

I am afraid that after reading this forum people will start boarding flights anticipating bad and incapable cabin crew when it is a MF route, which is ridiculous and unfair....and this really has to stop. It is like prejudice. Bad service/rude employees happen everywhere, and it is better to raise the issue on the spot or contact customer service rather than scream on forums how the entire workforce is horrible because someone had a bad flight.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Andriyko
This is a good example why one bad flight cannot describe the entire fleet. The worst (if one can even call it that as it was more of an 'I-don't-really-want-to-be-here-and-would-rather-be-anywhere-else' kind of an attitude) service on the KBP route I got from EF cabin crew in CE, and I had nothing but the best from MF. All my other flights with EF were absolutely brilliant so I won't brand them rude or lazy or disinterested because one Purser or CSD was like that.

I am afraid that after reading this forum people will start boarding flights anticipating bad and incapable cabin crew when it is a MF route, which is ridiculous and unfair....and this really has to stop. It is like prejudice. Bad service/rude employees happen everywhere, and it is better to raise the issue on the spot or contact customer service rather than scream on forums how the entire workforce is horrible because someone had a bad flight.
I totally agree now - I went on to my first MF operated flight with this mind set but was rather blown away!

Just one small thing - I thought KBP is an MF route?
Old Dec 12, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Mixed Fleet vs non Mixed Fleet routes

Flew LHR-CPT full cabin crew were good. Then the return flew First with MF on the BA56 from JNB-LHR (only 4 people in the cabin which was rather unusual for me on this route) but was well looked after and to date one of best experiences.

Personally don't think the whole MF vs WW debate carries much weight anymore. They all strive (bar the outliers) to deliver good service.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Just one small thing - I thought KBP is an MF route?
It was an EF route before MF was brought in obviously (I've been flying BA since 1999), and it was switched to EF for the 2014-2015 winter schedule.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Andriyko
It was an EF route before MF was brought in obviously (I've been flying BA since 1999), and it was switched to EF for the 2014-2015 winter schedule.
Oh, ok!
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
It may be too radical for this forum, but you could always board without preconceptions and judge the crew on the day on their merits...
^ In my view and experience, which "fleet" a crew is part of is an incredibly poor predictor of how competent, pleasant, and enthusiastic they are and I am frankly puzzled by some of the sweeping statements on MF's supposed "amateurism" that so many FTers seem to echo. Time to move to the 21st century perhaps and stop trying to box people into categories which simply have nothing to do with service quality.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
^ In my view and experience, which "fleet" a crew is part of is an incredibly poor predictor of how competent, pleasant, and enthusiastic they are and I am frankly puzzled by some of the sweeping statements on MF's supposed "amateurism" that so many FTers seem to echo. Time to move to the 21st century perhaps and stop trying to box people into categories which simply have nothing to do with service quality.
+1.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Flew LGW-LAS-LHR over christmas.

The outbound (Gatwick fleet I guess) were excellent. Personal hello from the manager - made sure we got our Xmas Turkey despite being at the back of the 2nd cabin, so last with the orders.

Going back to LHR though with Mixed Fleet was dreadful. Upper deck with 2 crew members who could not have been more unhelpful or inattentive. My 79 year old mother wanted a drink but the crew call button was continuously ignored - in the end she went to the Galley and they were both fast asleep. Probably the worst service I've had on any flight.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by irmster
Flew LGW-LAS-LHR over christmas.

The outbound (Gatwick fleet I guess) were excellent. Personal hello from the manager - made sure we got our Xmas Turkey despite being at the back of the 2nd cabin, so last with the orders.

Going back to LHR though with Mixed Fleet was dreadful. Upper deck with 2 crew members who could not have been more unhelpful or inattentive. My 79 year old mother wanted a drink but the crew call button was continuously ignored - in the end she went to the Galley and they were both fast asleep. Probably the worst service I've had on any flight.
I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and apologies your return flight was of such a poor standard. I sincerely hoped you reported this observation to the operating CSM or indeed formally on your return. There is simply no excuse at all if this situation occurred.

Regards
D1L
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That is terrible and must be reported.

Last edited by Can I help you; Jan 5, 2016 at 2:06 pm
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
You MUST report this.

This does not come down to service any longer, but the safe operation of the aircraft.Crew being asleep, at any other time than on their rest break, is completely inappropriate and wrong.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Yes, report this. This is truely bad and probably down to these two crew not being properly rested for their duty.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:13 pm

Purely out of interest. Have there been or are any route changes/swaps due between EF/WW & MF lately?

Last edited by londonba2014; Jan 20, 2016 at 4:14 pm Reason: Ad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.