Old May 17, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
NCL is £84 return this Sunday

EDIT - was also offered an upgrade online for both sectors @ £59 each way
HBO or Plus?
Old May 17, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold (woohoo)
I did GVA last Saturday for about £86 - out at 9:30, 7 hours on the ground. Very easy and quick transfer from airport to city. Not super cheap when you get there but a very pleasant day out. GVA and MAD are almost always available for <£90.
bisonrav likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
HBO or Plus?
HBO. Plus £10 more each way on the £84
Old May 17, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Settled for an £82 HBO fare from LGW to AMS on a Friday afternoon/evening which unlocks the additional 12,000 Avios without needing me to take any holiday.
Keep it Riel likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
HBO. Plus £10 more each way on the £84
Mainly asking because of the optional upgrade at £59.

I'm contemplating booking and cancelling within the 24hr window (I think I can do that on a HBO booking?) if there's no upgrade offer...
Old May 18, 2018, 2:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Mainly asking because of the optional upgrade at £59.

I'm contemplating booking and cancelling within the 24hr window (I think I can do that on a HBO booking?) if there's no upgrade offer...
Because people were doing exactly this (thanks it has to be said some threads in FT), BA stopped this and generally only allows POUGs to come through once the ticket cannot be cancelled gratis, so 48 to 72 hours after ticketing. There are some longhaul exceptions, and if the aircraft is very overbooked they will also do it (but those on direct bookings are probably going to get a free upgrade anyway).
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Finding these - is it as simple as subscribing to Expertflyer and looking for availability in the G bucket? eg if it says G5 in each direction can I be sure of a sub-£100 fare?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Wanderlust888
Finding these - is it as simple as subscribing to Expertflyer and looking for availability in the G bucket? eg if it says G5 in each direction can I be sure of a sub-£100 fare?
More or less, yes, I don't think "sure" is the word I would use, maybe "invariably". But to be honest a quick BA.com dummy fare check on the usual destinations will probably be just as easy, bearing in mind you can press the Change button and swap in another destination for the same date.
Wanderlust888 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:44 pm

Thank you. Unfortunately I find myself having to identify bridges, signs and store fronts when I do too many searches on ba.com...

Also is G a fixed fare per destination, or is it a range? eg. HAJ always seems to be about a £20 fare + tax.

Also if I have identified G availability, is it necessarily the case that this bucket can be booked as a BA Holiday with car hire / hotel, or does BA Holidays pick from a subset of the G availability?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:06 pm

Thank you. Unfortunately I find myself having to identify bridges, signs and store fronts when I do too many searches on ba.com...

Also is G a fixed fare per destination, or is it a range? eg. HAJ always seems to be about a £20 fare + tax.

Also if I have identified G availability, is it necessarily the case that this bucket can be booked as a BA Holiday with car hire / hotel, or does BA Holidays pick from a subset of the G availability?
For reCaptcha process you may want to review your cookie management. Once you've completed the photo exam reCaptcha is supposed to deposit an encrypted cookie on your device to prevent further resits. It isn't something I see very often.

The G bucket is indeed a range, though quite a small one as far as I can tell. LIS only seems to have 4 in all and 2 for the awaydays, £44 and £76, but you have to add taxes and PSC on to that.

For BA Holidays, access to G allows their cheapest internal fares as add-ons to their equally internal calculation, leading to a final package price. If anyone had the patience (not me!) it would perhaps be possible to deconstruct this more precisely. However if G isn't available they keeping going up the buckets until there is one that is open, and they calculate the add-ons off that. G isn't normally available as a fare, the weekend day trip fares are an exception, so while the fare bucket is shared, the fares for the two channels are not necessarily linked.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Is there a particular place you want to go, or would you like to see what’s available on a particular day.
The reason I ask is that I did one of these a few weeks ago, and once I decided I wanted to go on a particular weekend , google flights worked fine for this with a oneworld, day return and sub 100 gbp filter. It threw up all the options I think on this deal (no way to be certain, but three or four available). I had a very nice Sunday in Geneva.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
Is there a particular place you want to go, or would you like to see what’s available on a particular day.
Nowhere in particular, would like to visit different places, especially as there is a bonus 16,000 Avios to be earned.

I'm not familiar with google flights, only skyscanner; but will have a play around with it. Thank you

Having skimmed this thread, it seems there are few common possibilities like Geneva, Madrid, Milan, most of the German airports. They seem to be mostly business destinations. No chance of Dubrovnik or Ibiza I guess.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (woohoo)
Nowhere in particular, would like to visit different places, especially as there is a bonus 16,000 Avios to be earned.

I'm not familiar with google flights, only skyscanner; but will have a play around with it. Thank you

Having skimmed this thread, it seems there are few common possibilities like Geneva, Madrid, Milan, most of the German airports. They seem to be mostly business destinations. No chance of Dubrovnik or Ibiza I guess.
You're looking at destinations with multiple BA service on a day to create a long enough time on the ground to make it out of the airport. Which biases the potential outcomes to larger, businessey cities and rules out Dubrovnik. My shortlist is DUB, ARN, CPH, HAM, MAD, BCN, LIS, NCE & GVA. ABZ is often available and I have seen Rome on occasion. MUC can work although I've never done it as its quite a hike to the city from the airport (or so I am told...)

I've also had occasions when the HBO fares don't show up on google flights (or Matrix) as I believe its a fare class that doesn't always fully disseminate into these systems. FIx the cookie problem and its quite quick to run them through the BA booking pages in my experience.

Last edited by Keep it Riel; Jun 20, 2018 at 12:51 am Reason: Missed a bit!
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Keep it Riel
You're looking at destinations with multiple BA service on a day to create a long enough time on the ground to make it out of the airport. Which biases the potential outcomes to larger, businessey cities and rules out Dubrovnik. My shortlist is DUB, ARN, CPH, HAM, MAD, BCN, LIS, NCE & GVA. ABZ is often available and I have seen Rome on occasion. MUC can work although I've never done it as its quite a hike to the city from the airport (or so I am told...)
i did exactly this for the same reason, as was avios poor (relatively) after an extended time out of the uk burning avios.
I did Geneva day trip (79 gbp) , LGW Amsterdam same day (69 gbp) and then out to VCE (89 GBP) overnight , one day there and then a trip to HAM (not so cheap - 130 gbp but was going with someone else so times and dates for that rather than cheapest price).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.