Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
I had the misfortune of flying Y (row 16) on an A320neo the other day. At 195cm tall it was impossible to put my legs straight, so I had to twist my body to put them in the aisle. When the trolley came past I had to put my knees on the headrest of the seat infront. What a miserable way to travel.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ajbrowc
I had the misfortune of flying Y (row 16) on an A320neo the other day. At 195cm tall it was impossible to put my legs straight, so I had to twist my body to put them in the aisle. When the trolley came past I had to put my knees on the headrest of the seat infront. What a miserable way to travel.
Ouch! Sounds miserable!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Flew on the 320 NEO for the first time last week, both CE and ET. The interior was absolutely spotless and the exterior was very shiny. CE feels less exclusive than on the older 320's with the removal of the table, but other than that there is not much difference. In ET the seats from around row 13/14 seem to have no adjustable headreasts. Overall in ET it feels cramped and cheap. Not nice at all. It was clean, granted, but that's a function of the fact that it's a new aircraft. That will change soon enough.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I was wondering why rows 13 and 14 are showing as blocked on ExpertFlyer for my LPA flight in Feb, as I thought the maximum Club Europe cabin on an A320 is 12 rows?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
My return from Prague to LHR in Jan (BA857 11/01/19) is showing as a 32N in Expert Flyer and has 30 rows. I’m assuming, with Holmesian ability, that this is a Neo?

I’m in row 12, so if it is a Neo it will be interesting to compare the new seats aft of me with the legacy 320 seat.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84
My return from Prague to LHR in Jan (BA857 11/01/19) is showing as a 32N in Expert Flyer and has 30 rows. I’m assuming, with Holmesian ability, that this is a Neo?

I’m in row 12, so if it is a Neo it will be interesting to compare the new seats aft of me with the legacy 320 seat.
It could conceivably be a densified A320CEO but, given that PRG is flown from T3, the NEO is the more likely.
krispy84 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
I'm sure I know the answer to this, but just to be 100% sure- in 2D/F on the G-GAT planes (which are missing 1D/F) do all belongings need to go up in the locker? I guess the answer is yes as there is no way to secure anything in the foot space?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by essexadventurer
I'm sure I know the answer to this, but just to be 100% sure- in 2D/F on the G-GAT planes (which are missing 1D/F) do all belongings need to go up in the locker? I guess the answer is yes as there is no way to secure anything in the foot space?
yes as 2d-f is a bulkhead row the floor space in front of you must be clear.
essexadventurer likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Thanks, will nab those seats now before someone else does!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:19 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
My flight to LHR-Dublin has all seats available in CE and isnt missing any seats from the front row, what would be the best seat in CE?

Thx
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:50 am

Flying in ET on A320 LGW to PMI if we chose exit row seats in row 12 and had middle and window is there enough room for us to get up from our seats without the passenger in the aisle seat standing up?

Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Bluesky30
Flying in ET on A320 LGW to PMI if we chose exit row seats in row 12 and had middle and window is there enough room for us to get up from our seats without the passenger in the aisle seat standing up?

Thanks
Not really. I guess they could swing to their side with their legs in the aisle for you to get past but tbh it's probably just easier for them to get up and let you get out.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:24 am

Ok thanks maybe I’ll go for aisle and middle then. My other half doesn’t like having to ask other people to move!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:25 am

Also would I just be better choosing row 11 as that’s exit row also?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Bluesky30
Also would I just be better choosing row 11 as that’s exit row also?
there won't be any difference in seat pitch between row 11 and 12. row 11 seats won't recline tho if that's a factor for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.