Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
TGIF! I can finally process my thoughts on what happened last night...

In a moment of madness and strong persuasion from my mate I booked a week's holiday to Gran Canaria for just over a month's time. I can now start to mentally and physically prepare myself for the torture that will be two ~5 hour flights to/from LPA on FR... the last non-oneworld airline I flew was back in March 2014 on JQ SYD-MEL and I feel that doesn't really count as due to a family member's QF status we made use of the QF Flounge before the flight... I'll have to remember to wear sunnies at all times on these FR flights to avoid getting blinded by all of the yellow onboard!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Next Friday I'll (hopefully) be on my way to Washington DC on the A380
Booked in WT+ so may do a quick trip report on that as I can only think of one other involving this cabin.

Slumming it in Y to JFK the following Friday.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
TGIF ... that means that the chances of our oil-fired boiler being fixed before the tradesmen all bugger off for the weekend is diminishing by the minute.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:59 am

Programs: BA
TFIF...one bottle down, one more opened...it's been a heck of a week, culminating in a virtual conference yesterday the final organising of which occupied most of this week, followed by entertaining some Y9 students today as part of our company's STEM work. Phew. Also in the process of booking our flights to move back to the UK in January next year - sadly for my Avios balance the corporate TA could get SQ cheaper than BA-QF, so in these straitened times SQ it will have to be. J class, and it's not like SQ are a bad airline so FWP really! The dog will fly BA from SYD though, shame I don't get Avios for that!

Happy Friday, and have a good weekend everyone!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:14 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Pie x 2 and beans for lunch, uninstall FSX boxed after 5 frustrating years as happy with fsx steam; buy lots of addons from steam as a sale on and buy utx canada v2, patch utx usa to v2.2 and pretend to work. You know what i mean if you are a fellow geek!

And one month to go before i actually get on a real aircraft! Ticktock.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: Most of them, I think ...
Originally Posted by perthflyer
TGIF! I can finally process my thoughts on what happened last night...

In a moment of madness and strong persuasion from my mate I booked a week's holiday to Gran Canaria for just over a month's time. I can now start to mentally and physically prepare myself for the torture that will be two ~5 hour flights to/from LPA on FR... the last non-oneworld airline I flew was back in March 2014 on JQ SYD-MEL and I feel that doesn't really count as due to a family member's QF status we made use of the QF Flounge before the flight... I'll have to remember to wear sunnies at all times on these FR flights to avoid getting blinded by all of the yellow onboard!
Please book the very front seats if you can. 4 hours each way STN-RAK last month nearly crippled me.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: Most of them, I think ...
TGIF is right.

Just booked LHR-AMS on the stupid o'clock flight next Tuesday. Hopeful of a nice breakfast in the flounge at 0530. First time on a 767 for a loooong time.

In other news, house extension going well. Hardly any mud left in the hallway.

Pip pip.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:37 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Friday means 24 hours before I jet off to Jakarta (via SIN and HKG), to spend 5 hours on the ground, before coming straight back!

Gotta love my clients!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by timbo_baggins
Please book the very front seats if you can. 4 hours each way STN-RAK last month nearly crippled me.
Unfortunately those seats (and the exit row seats) are all booked up on both flights. Hopefully the outbound isn't too bad and then on the return after a week long booze up in the sun I'll be too hungover to care!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Eek! Less than 24 hours until I fly ABZ/LGW with Easyjet! These flights were booked to connect with a cruise package which included BA flights LGW/GOA. The cruise was cancelled due to someone in my party becoming ill, but I'll be damned if Easyjet get my money and I don't use the flight! So, off to London for the weekend, to do...well I'll think of something.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JamieABZ
Eek! Less than 24 hours until I fly ABZ/LGW with Easyjet! These flights were booked to connect with a cruise package which included BA flights LGW/GOA. The cruise was cancelled due to someone in my party becoming ill, but I'll be damned if Easyjet get my money and I don't use the flight! So, off to London for the weekend, to do...well I'll think of something.
Have you tried speaking to Easyjet ? In very similar circumstances my sister got a credit note-or equivalent- when she was going to cancel and then booked a proper holiday at a later time
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Friday in the sun

Enjoying a late lunch on the balcony here in Spain, quite pleasant actually !
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by expatboy
TFIF...one bottle down, one more opened...it's been a heck of a week, culminating in a virtual conference yesterday the final organising of which occupied most of this week, followed by entertaining some Y9 students today as part of our company's STEM work. Phew. Also in the process of booking our flights to move back to the UK in January next year - sadly for my Avios balance the corporate TA could get SQ cheaper than BA-QF, so in these straitened times SQ it will have to be. J class, and it's not like SQ are a bad airline so FWP really! The dog will fly BA from SYD though, shame I don't get Avios for that!

Happy Friday, and have a good weekend everyone!
You'll need a new FT handle! Seems quite a few are moving back to the Uk, things must be looking up! I was one of them last uear and do not regret it at all!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by PIKnic
Have you tried speaking to Easyjet ? In very similar circumstances my sister got a credit note-or equivalent- when she was going to cancel and then booked a proper holiday at a later time
I spoke to them a few times actually because I needed cancellation invoices for the others in my party who all decided to try and pursue the flights through insurance. I don't think they'll get anything because the package was ex-Gatwick, plus, well, I'm a Flyertalker - any excuse to go somewhere!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by jcm9000
You'll need a new FT handle! Seems quite a few are moving back to the Uk, things must be looking up! I was one of them last uear and do not regret it at all!
I've noticed this as well - a few of my British mates back in Perth are in the process of moving back to the UK. It's not just expat Brits either as in the past month alone a few of my Aussie mates with UK passports have quizzed me on what it's like making the move here. I've tried to steer them clear of even thinking about moving to London as that's so cliche and there are already pretty much millions of us there. I've done my best to tell them how good Glasgow is and that we could do with more Aussies up here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.