Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:45 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Happy Friday indeed!

Traveling DUS - LHR - GLA later today. Taking in some of the Edinburgh Festival on Saturday, and back to Dus again on Sunday afternoon. Just checked my return flight on Sunday and it is being operated by a mid-haul 321 and I've bagged one of the good seats. Due to some quirk the LHR DUS leg of my return was cheaper in business class and I'm currently the only person in the CE cabin on the Sunday evening flight.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
A very happy Friday!

Booked a reward flight this morning to MAD for the weekend, remedying my status as having never visited Spain.

Prado admission sorted, Segway tour booked. Any decent tapas recommendations?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Happy Friday! Weather up here in Cheshire is absolutely horrendous, just looked at my calendar and it's a VERY long 9 weeks until my next flight! It does pick up again after that luckily.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
It's Friday... I'm off work, I fly to New York (Via Copenhagen of course!) in 8 days, happy times!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Friday x2

I was called out for work at 2am but did manage to get back to bed a bit later so this now feels a bit strange as I have another coffee and breakfast again ! Looking for flights to get over my withdrawals after a busy summer.
Planning visits to Festival events for the weekend in Edinburgh.

Safe travels all !
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
I uttered those (in)famous last words last night to a few mates who were out - 'I'll just go for one drink...' suffice to say there was more than one drink consumed which has allowed me to start Friday with a lovely hangover.

Off to HKG on Sunday morning with a day in ARN on the way which I'm extremely excited about for a few reasons - it'll be my first flights in over 10 weeks (which has certainly felt like forever!), I'll be trying out QR and CX for the first time and I'll be in hot weather for the first time since I left Australia last May. Best thing though, and the reason for this trip, is that I'll be seeing my parents again for the first time in over 5 months

I am very afraid that 33 degrees in Hong Kong will destroy me as I found myself yesterday thinking that the lovely 22 degree day we had here in Glasgow was hot! Oh well, just means a last minute shopping spree at River Island, Zara and Topman for more singlets and shorts

Originally Posted by jcm9000
Day aff today, going doon the watter in the old tub waverly tonight, smashing! Boat full of accountants, here is your chance to take revenge on us bean counters...!
Hopefully the weather is as braw as yesterday. Going on the Waverley is on my to-do list - a few colleagues have been on it and said it was a lovely thing to do.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Nah, back to normal in glasgow: cloudy and cool. Still, cant beat a waverley trip; last time i was on it to rothesay the ferry behind us sank. 25 years ago i think that was....
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Happy Friday to all. Very pleased to get over a bit of a panic early this morning. Have been tracking some SH Avios flights for next summer and availability was absolutely fine (4 Y and 2J) popping up like clockwork every day, tracking towards the dates I wanted. And still lots of availability on pretty much every date.

All of a sudden this morning early ALL availability on that route for July/Aug 2016 had disappeared, totally, utterly, completely.

But fortunately by the time I got to work it had all reappeared and I am now one day away from booking the perfect dates.

Nothing like BA's IT system glitches to get the heart rate up!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Apparently I went out for just one last night. Not great because I have a long flight ahead to PSP in coach. I need to establish my own Hamburg rule - but in this case because I couldn't find a convenient routing with >2k miles (all went via DFW) I refused to pay for F.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just been offloaded from my T3 flight due to taxi being late. Totally could have made it if check in lady had not dithered for ten minutes before seeing me. Another 73 GBP down the drain for the BE flight in four hours. Bad end to a worse week.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Day off today, have waited in all day for Homebase to deliver something. Still isn't here.

Was supposed to be flying to BDL tomorrow via IAD/DCA (took that routing to get a few more TP's), but that's been messed around by AA - so now flying to JFK but on a much later flight, thus staying at the Airport Hilton overnight and then driving up on Sunday
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
Happy Friday! Off to Twickenham tomorrow for the England v France rugby international. If it's half as good a match as the last 6 Nations outing, it will be great.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Happy Friday from here. Miraculously, it didn't rain on the Battle of Flowers parade yesterday, and it looks like tonight's Moonlight parade will be dry too. A lot of very luck people, tourists and float-makers and spectators.

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/20...-flowers-2015/

I shall spend the weekend power-washing the terraces
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: British Airways
Happy Friday Everyone! Have LHR-LED in CE to look forward to on Tuesday with the fam so nice short week next week
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Happy Friday! Currently at YYZ waiting on an AC flight to RDU. Tomorrow I turn right around and head out to PHX and Sedona, AZ for the weekend. Safe travels to all flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.