Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA
TFIF again...last week was a killer with a long trip back from IAH to BNE in Y on Friday - combined with a hangover it was not fun! This weekend is a little better...running in the 10k Bridge to Brisbane on Sunday so that should be fun . No flying for a few weeks until a trip to the Red Centre and Darwin in about 3 weeks.

Happy Friday wherever you are, and safe travels...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Happy Friday all (GMT-wise). Daughters arriving tomorrow from the UK, so a few days of doing not a lot. Weather looks decent - with Hurricane Erika still to the south of us - and likely to stay that way. :-)
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not Friday yet but sitting aboard AA 973 waiting to begin my holiday
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
EDI this weekend for the Tattoo tomorrow night and some Fringe stuff as well hopefully.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
The sun is out and it's not raining! On the other hand, the garden is looking lush and overgrown. But that's tomorrow

H
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Usual cloud here in scotland, rubbish summer. Forecast for next week? More cloud and a bit o rain. Sunday night looks clear, hope it stays that way so i can get the celestron out and find some deep sky fuzzies. Finally have another flight booked, ex dub j to gcm with 747 64k to mia (took over the later aa 77w as i like a longer layover at mia to visit shulas for a hoegaarden or 6, the little things matter!); hop to atlanta in j/f and my first ever paid tatl f sector atl-lhr and hop back to glasgow. 2k for all that seemed a decent deal to me, esp as it is direct lhr-gla on return. Returning to dub was 200 quid cheaper but forced atl-lhr to J and of course no dub-gla needed. Result! I did chicken out this time of same day flight to dub with ei for the outbound so a bit madly going to go 24hrs earlier than i usually do. In reality i just got spooked for some reason about november weather even though ei never failed me in awful weather all last winter for same day positioning! Right, feel better now that is off my chest, next patient!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: BA
Friday in the UK! About to embark on a crazy two weeks of travel. Out to PHL on Sunday, before moving onto YYZ then back to LHR before short trip out to TXL the week after. In the middle I've got guests visiting all the way from PER, and somehow I need to keep on top of my regular work load!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Sitting in Sorrento trying to enjoy the view (between work calls ) https://www.dropbox.com/s/sprrg3mpl6...19.50.jpg?dl=0
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Scorching here in Podstrana Croatia. Enjoying the shade and beautiful sea view while indulging in a lunchtime pint bargain 17kn. I could be here for quite a while! The only thing missing is sand! I'm not a big fan of pebble beaches however idyllic.

Happy bank holiday weekend. Cheers
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Just got home from a week in USA where I managed to sneak in a TP run. The 240 TPs have posted this morning from four AA flights on Wednesday so if all goes to plan I will achieve gold for the first time in just over two weeks.

Happy Friday!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Not a good Friday.

Next door's terrace is draining into my garage.
BIL has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour.
Hurricane ERICA heading for SAV in time for our arrival next week.

Have a good weekend, folks
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Deleted

Last edited by Nimrod1965; Jan 1, 2017 at 9:59 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:15 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by T8191
Not a good Friday.

Sorry to hear that T8191. My best to you and your BIL.
Looks like TS ERICA will just be a bit of wind by the time she reaches the carolinas, so chin up
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by T8191
Not a good Friday.

We haven't met before but I feel I know your online personality well enough to be sending some FT hugs your way, T8191.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:21 am

Looking like it's NF coming up from CPT tonight (1K). Say hi if onboard. Was OF coming down last Sat (also 1K), which is always just fine. A hopefull shower in AC's lounge in the morning and over to YYZ for 3 weeks @ home before having to do it again (and again, and again...).

Good Weekend to all.

Last edited by johnston21; Aug 28, 2015 at 10:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.