Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Guess what? It is friday! I know im bored as im looking up the price of empty legs on private jets. Get a group together, sorted! I'd just need to get better at lying to my wife first. Also thinking of trying finnair from hel-mia to get to gcm, some alright fares coming up. All this ex-eu talk today.... I still need to measure my carry on backpack.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jcm9000
Guess what? It is friday!
Still a couple and a half hours away for me.

I always look forward to seeing what the 'Friday shocker' thread subject will be about when I log on to the forum in the morning.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
If it only were Friday, as I would be either on my way home or at home, but only until Sunday 6am when I get to take off again.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Off to Antwerp via Brussels for Antwerp Pride weekend.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:24 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
happy sunny Friday.

meant to be up to 39 degrees where I am today and looking forward to making a few work calls from the hammock.

safe flying.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:41 am

Hammock eh? I'd still like hammock class onboard.

Something unusual has happened - the sun is out in scotland! Not seen it in a few months here. i was watching a flight on approach to glasgow last night from the train right at sunset, that would have been some view out to the isles...

Anyway, more importantly, has jamier made it to LIH?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

Anyway, more importantly, has jamier made it to LIH?
he's made it to NYC and I will leave it for him to tell his story (not sure how much detail he'll go into in his live TR which doesn't seem very live at the moment). I think he'll be flying onwards to Westcoast and LIH today.

He's not missed any flights out of the last 4 he took though I think what he had planned for NY was the opposite of a sensible early night to make sure he gets his flights......
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
My head is telling me its the day after a Thursday night... managed to sleep through an earthquake/tremor this morning. Looking forward to a slow weekend lying by the pool in some nice african sunshine.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:13 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Can't believe I missed Friday! Though I guess maybe it's still Friday somewhere in the Pacific?

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend, I'm on my way to Chicago today and Pittsburgh tomorrow. Safe travels to all in the air.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA
TFIF here in sunny yet chilly BrisVegas...last day in the office for a week as I jet off to Houston on Sunday for a week. In Y. . On the plus side, I'm out of the office...

Happy Friday!
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Guess what? It is friday! I know im bored as im looking up the price of empty legs on private jets. Get a group together, sorted! I'd just need to get better at lying to my wife first. Also thinking of trying finnair from hel-mia to get to gcm, some alright fares coming up. All this ex-eu talk today.... I still need to measure my carry on backpack.
Luckily, I did find one OSLLON for NOK 250 on SK so that I can legitimately complete that one fare without fear of repercussions from BA
(the problem with your ex EU is that it doesn't pass through LON on the return-admittedly, I haven't been to Scotland, so I'm not sure what the difference would be between a train ticket from LON and a flight back to where you live.)
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Off to Aberdeen tonight visiting family. Flying Little Red for a change.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
Happy Friday everyone, woke up on approach to BRU, now sat in the SN lounge overlooking the golden BA A319, wishing I was on that. Waiting for the short SN hop to LHR T2, quick trip home, repack bags and back to LHR T5 tomorrow for a weeks mountain biking in Switzerland. Throwing myself down mountains is the ideal way to relax after a couple of weeks in the Congo.

oh and its my birthday tomorrow so the CCR champagne breakfast will taste even better than normal

Last edited by where next; Aug 13, 2015 at 11:31 pm
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:24 am

Happy Friday.

Off to FRA later for a wedding. Shall sample most recent CCR menu.

Morning long workshop first though.

Hope we all get away despite the weather.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Luckily, I did find one OSLLON for NOK 250 on SK so that I can legitimately complete that one fare without fear of repercussions from BA
(the problem with your ex EU is that it doesn't pass through LON on the return-admittedly, I haven't been to Scotland, so I'm not sure what the difference would be between a train ticket from LON and a flight back to where you live.)
Im mad enough to consider the sleeper to/from scotland and london as i can get it to/from stirling, and i like sitting on a sofa on a train having a beer! Problem is im not sure i trust the sleeper to be on time for a flight that morning from say lhr to position for an ex-eu so it would add another day! Tempting on the return though. Fastest train gla-lon is 4:30. Add in transit time for a flight and it is not much longer, and advance first fares arent much more than a typical return. Std class is usually cheaper. Anyway!!

Day aff today, going doon the watter in the old tub waverly tonight, smashing! Boat full of accountants, here is your chance to take revenge on us bean counters...

Oh and the first Maiden track to be released in 5 years is released today. Hurrah!

Last edited by jcm9000; Aug 14, 2015 at 1:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.