Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

TGIF. Sat at the Victoria station Wetherspoons en route to LHR T1, and then to Luxembourg.

You can save 50p by having a wee in the Wetherspoons instead of the station toilets, frugal travel fans!

Also managed to blag a seat near a power socket, so the day has started well.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
TGIF.

5 hours sleep. exhausted.

told boss to stop being pendantic yesterday. went down reasonably well though. lol.

bring on the weekend.

taste of london tonight. cinema this weekend.

no travel until Monday evening.

safe flying.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
TGIF. 30 minutes from arriving into Aberdeen, having been on this train since 0700! Looking forward to a weekend with a few FTers!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NNH
It's my last day with a large British bank, so I can browse FT as much as I like! I'll be taking four weeks off, then joining a different large bank.
http://www.alexcartoon.com/index.cfm?cartoons_id=4919 ?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Small TP Run

Time to chill this evening the off to EDI for a day of zig zag in the UK to top up the points.
This was necessary before work intervened and now I should have extra points with an unexpected wee jaunt next week !
Lunch at the seaside tomorrow and I may get to fly over my house !
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:49 pm

TGIF

Last-minute (ish) trip for me from YYZ to AMS (Via LHR of course) for some family issues. Hoping for an op-up on tBA96.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
A long and very mundane Friday is over! At work from 9am until around 9pm then an hour and a half at the gym before heading home via Tesco to get a wee bit of scran. Pretty much the same for tomorrow except instead of Tesco after the gym I'll be heading out drinking to undo all the hard work at the gym!!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by perthflyer
A long and very mundane Friday is over! At work from 9am until around 9pm then an hour and a half at the gym before heading home via Tesco to get a wee bit of scran. Pretty much the same for tomorrow except instead of Tesco after the gym I'll be heading out drinking to undo all the hard work at the gym!!
Not only undoing but defeating the main purpose if your aim is muscle gain (as alcohol slows down the muscle recovery process.)
Having a fairprice/cold storage very close to my condo (and a gym inside) also allows me to have plenty of time (and they offer delivery too-doing my weekly shop with roommates helps meeting the $150 required for free delivery easy as well!)
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Happy Friday everyone. I'll be staying local for the weekend and working. Oh well, if that's the worst thing I have to complain about I can consider myself fortunate.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Not only undoing but defeating the main purpose if your aim is muscle gain (as alcohol slows down the muscle recovery process.)
The muscles need to repair eventually, right; the alcohol doesn't just leave them in a torn state permanently
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by paul4040
TGIF. Sat at the Victoria station Wetherspoons en route to LHR T1, and then to Luxembourg.

You can save 50p by having a wee in the Wetherspoons instead of the station toilets, frugal travel fans!

Also managed to blag a seat near a power socket, so the day has started well.
and many Starbucks locations/the office.
(so it's not only tourists that pay to pi$$ as they don't know any better...)
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
TGIF, after 9 weeks gardening leave I am now back in the world of the employed and am deservedly going for a beer with my new colleagues. Think I spent more time in the air on my enforced leave than when I was employed
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Today sees me tip over 600TPs for the third consecutive year, so TGIF. I must say that I never thought I'd have one year as silver let alone three.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
A fortuitous BA flight cancellation this evening, when I might have struggled to make flight (CE Flex anyway)
- €250 compo expected due to over 3 hours delay
- allowed me to indulge in some suit shopping I had planned to do tomorrow (with BA subsidisation!)
- relaxing dinner
- fresh air and sunshine in Dublin

Too late to get a Euromillions ticket, maybe lotto for tomorrow night!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I don't often get to "report in" from an exotic location so am happy to do so from LGB. What a cute airport!
Even better, local Marriott had overbooked last night and moved me to another one of their hotels and are refunding me for the night I had booked. So woke up this Friday morning about £145 better off than I expected to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.