Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to Household Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by PGFlyer85
We have an HHA. I added our nanny to our F&F list when I made another F&F change a couple months back in anticipation of booking a ticket for her to come on holiday with us. We then fired the nanny and have hired another. It’s several months before my F&F list is available to be modified. What are the chances an e-mail or call to the GGL e-mail/phone line with an explanation of the circumstances would result in an exception?

I assume that the alternative is to open up a new account for her as part of our HHA? While I imagine enforcement is next to non-existent, I assume this is technically against T&C so would prefer to just get an exception.
If she doesn’t have to be on the same booking as you, and you aren’t using a 241, you could open an AerLingus/avios.com account, move some avios there, and book for whoever you like.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by marcolau317
With a detailed look for the T&C, it seems HHA and F&F list are treated as 2 separate list under separate rules:
For HHA:

If there is any change to the HHA list, my reading is the whole list will be frozen for 6 months

Whilst for F&F list:

For F&F list, the restriction is each individual must stay in the list for 6 months, and they are treated individually, meaning the whole list won't be frozen like the HHA list.

Of course, you should also see the in BAEC Manage My Account, there's a statement about the F&F list:

Which seems to be a bit contradictory to the T&C as described above, and definitely not mentioned in the T&C.

Not sure how full your F&F list is, but the options for you would be:
If your F&F list is actually full, then you may have to consider removing one of the person from F&F list temporarily until the fired nanny stayed in the list for 6 months, then swapped the fired nanny with the removed member.
If your F&F list is NOT full even with the fired nanny added, then you may safely add your new nanny to the list, then remove the fired nanny when you need to add more people to the list.
(If you do decide to call up to seek clarification, please share the info with us here!).
Interestingly, this all became unnecessary. Turns out if you don’t like a BAEC number to someone on your F&F list, you can just edit their information entirely. So just changed the name and DOB.
marcolau317 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:38 am
Suspended

New question - if I'm traveling on a PNR with two other members of my HHA - can I use one of my GUF2 and a GUF1 without violating the HHA rule that I have to use the GUF's personally?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Apologies if already answered but had a good look first before posting
What happens to upcoming redemptions booked my hha members if the hha is closed.prior to travel ( hotel and car hire not flights )
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:33 pm

I’ve been wondering how I can redeem with a family member (specifically for the purposes of using a 2-4-1!), but use Miles equally for that one transaction rather than in proportion to our balance.

For the purposes of this example, I am the person with the 2-4-1 available for use and without an HHA, and the other person already has an existing HHA.

Having read the rules on transferring miles in and out, and joining and leaving HHAs, would this work?

1. Transfer Avios out of my BAEC account to Iberia such that my remaining BAEC balance exactly equals the other person’s total HHA balance.
  2. Join the other person’s HHA.
  3. Within 24 hours, make the redemption using my account - miles will be deducted equally.
  4. Within the same 24 hours, be removed from the other person’s HHA.
  5. Reinstate my Avios from Iberia to BAEC.

Is there any reason this wouldn’t work? And/or is there a less cumbersome way? Obviously the other person would have their HHA frozen for 6m which they’d be fine with.

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: BA GGL
Making changes to F & F list

About 9 months ago I removed two people from my Friends and Family list and added two new people (because otherwise I couldn't book flights for them)..

I now want to remove those two people and re-instate the ones I evicted 9 months ago. Looked at the current T&Cs, dated 6 December 2019, on the BA website and under Family and Friends list (Household accounts only) it says

"19.1.2. Individuals nominated to the Family and Friends List must remain on the list for a minimum of six months."

"19.1.9. Once a Family and Friends List is established, new nominees(s) may be added or existing nominee(s) removed, subject to Clause 19.1.2. Once a Family and Friends list reaches 5 individuals, only one individual can be changed or removed every 6 months"
That is my bolding.

Does anyone have recent (post 6 December 2019) experience of changing 2 or more F&F list members at the same time? I want to get my ducks in a row before I start trying to do anything so I have Plan B and C up my sleeve.

Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL
To, sort of, answer my own question and in case anyone looks at this in future....
I went to the F&F page, removed two people from the list, added the two new/previously evicted people and it all seems to be fine.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 6:12 am

Asking for a friend can members of the household accounts see each others' bookings?
Old Jul 21, 2020, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by jonas123
Asking for a friend can members of the household accounts see each others' bookings?
Not from what I can see in my HHA.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:46 pm

How do you actually share Avios between members of a HHA? My wife and I both have Avios expiring in a few months, and I know those can be extended by sharing some of them from one account to the other. But every single link on the BA website that references sharing Avios just takes you to this page, which doesn't actually have any kind of button or link to let you share them:
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...ctivatetab=hha

Google's not much help either. Anybody? It shouldn't be this hard.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by bobert24
How do you actually share Avios between members of a HHA? My wife and I both have Avios expiring in a few months, and I know those can be extended by sharing some of them from one account to the other. But every single link on the BA website that references sharing Avios just takes you to this page, which doesn't actually have any kind of button or link to let you share them:

The Avios are not transferred from one person to another. You each keep your individual Avios balances whilst having access to the sum of your balances for purchasing tickets etc.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bobert24

The HHA does not help extend Avios unless you were planning on making a redemption anyway.
There are various threads about easy ways to extend Avios which are about to expire, but the recent speed-up for some merchants on the estore means it can be very easy (certainly if you are a UK resident). Just make a small transaction through the estore - e.g. buy a light bulb via click and collect from Screwfix.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
The Avios are not transferred from one person to another. You each keep your individual Avios balances whilst having access to the sum of your balances for purchasing tickets etc.
Ok. I see where the misleading bit is. The Avios Expiry page says (under the heading "Sharing Avios") "You can transfer up to 27,000 Avios to another Club Member each calendar year. Transferring Avios will reset the 36-month period for both the person sending and the person receiving the Avios." It then links you to the "Sharing Avios" page where the first topic is HHA. But I guess it never explicitly says HHAs can actually share/transfer Avios to meet that requirement. Thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by fruitcage
The HHA does not help extend Avios unless you were planning on making a redemption anyway.
There are various threads about easy ways to extend Avios which are about to expire, but the recent speed-up for some merchants on the estore means it can be very easy (certainly if you are a UK resident). Just make a small transaction through the estore - e.g. buy a light bulb via click and collect from Screwfix.
US resident here. I'll check out the estore, but may just end up transferring some Amex MRs to extend. Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:03 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Question on HHA

1. I am the "head" of this HH together with wife and 2 kids (with status)
2. I want to leave the as head of the HH account, and nominate my wife as the "head" together with the 2 kids

is this something that can be done without the children losing their status/points? I am unclear how to 1. leave as the head and 2. nominate my kids into a different HHA
Old Dec 28, 2020, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ermen
Question on HHA

1. I am the "head" of this HH together with wife and 2 kids (with status)
2. I want to leave the as head of the HH account, and nominate my wife as the "head" together with the 2 kids

is this something that can be done without the children losing their status/points? I am unclear how to 1. leave as the head and 2. nominate my kids into a different HHA
The terms and conditions for household accounts have provisions dealing with the primary (head) of the account dying or leaving the executive club and being replaced by a new primary.
18.1.5. Subject to Clause 18.1.6, only the primary member of the Household Account may submit a change of address, details of the addition to or removal of members from such account or the dissolution of the account. This will change the address on the account and/or status of the account for all of the Household Account members. The primary member can make such changes by using the process available online at Ba.com.

18.1.6. Members who are part of a Household Account, but who are not the primary member of the Household Account, can request at any time to be removed by contacting the Executive Club in writing (including e-mail). Members of a Household Account other than the primary member cannot request the other Members of a Household Account to be removed, unless they are making that request in their capacity as the legal guardian of a Household Account member who is under the age of 18.

18.1.7. If the primary member of the Household Account dies or leaves the Executive Club, the remaining Household Account members, who are over 18 years, must nominate between them another member (or a new member) to become the new primary Household Account member. Failure to do so within 3 calendar months from the date that the primary Household Account member died will result in the dissolution of the Household Account. The new primary member must satisfy the criteria in Clause 18.1.4(b) above. Details of the new primary member must be notified to British Airways in writing at the address specified on Ba.com.

18.1.8. Once a Household Account is established, new Member(s) may not be added or existing Member(s) removed more than once every six months. A Household Account may not be dissolved or re-established more than once every six months.
The terms don't explicitly provide provisions for the primary to leave the HHA and still remain a member of BAEC. Over the years though a few people have reported doing want you are trying to do. They have reported that the kids accounts were closed (and miles transferred to the primary of the account that is leaving) but they then were able to create new accounts for the kids.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23810206-post2.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21137461-post5.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.