Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to Household Accounts

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Is there any difference to adding people as F&M rather than to the HHA for spending avios only ? (I want to spend avois and use GUF2 for two friends...not required to have them in HHA to earn / pool avois)
Old Aug 15, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: BA GGL
Does anyone know if I can add a Ukrainian adult guest/refugee to a household account? I am trying to arrange their extraction from Kyiv at the moment, and an avios ticket from Warsaw etc would be perfect.
The Wiki above seems to think it would be fine. The only issues as I see it is that person does not YET live with us, which is rather the point of adding them!

EDIT My family/friends is full, although I maybe able to delete someone. My HHA is not full vs max however.

Last edited by snuffi; Aug 15, 2022 at 4:26 am Reason: more info
Old Aug 15, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
If I recall correctly, there is no longer a requirement to live at the same address.

Edit: see here on HfP https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/1...hold-accounts/
Old Sep 16, 2022, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC
First time poster here so, please be gentle! I have circa 600K personal Avios and 1M in our HHA. It's time to spend some of this and I want to treat my SO without them knowing. Even though 600K Avios is sufficient, I believe the way HHA accounts work, is to debit both/all members' accounts in the proportion of the total pot. My question is, can a booking be made for myself and SO with Avios only debited from my account and, in so doing, keep the booking secret? At least until a few days before, perhaps!!
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by LHR_Pinay
First time poster here so, please be gentle! I have circa 600K personal Avios and 1M in our HHA. It's time to spend some of this and I want to treat my SO without them knowing. Even though 600K Avios is sufficient, I believe the way HHA accounts work, is to debit both/all members' accounts in the proportion of the total pot. My question is, can a booking be made for myself and SO with Avios only debited from my account and, in so doing, keep the booking secret? At least until a few days before, perhaps!!
You won’t be able to accomplish this unless you disband the household account, which is likely to trigger email notification to all household members.
LHR_Pinay likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: BA executive club
HHA - adding friend/using Chase companion voucher

Having read through the info on the BA site, and forums, rē adding a friend to my household account, I want to make sure I’m clear on a few points.

Hubby is the head of the household account and I am in the household account as well.

I now have earned three vouchers in my individual account.

Question1: After hubby (as head of the HHA) adds my friend to the household account, can I use one of my Chase/Visa companion vouchers to book a flight for myself and my friend?

Question 2: As I understand it, it does not have to be my husband, as the head of the household account, who is required to be traveling with myself and my friend on the same booking, correct?

Question 3: Is my friend required to be a member of the household account for a set amount of time before I can book a companion voucher ticket for the two of us?

Would appreciate the input from the seasoned wise owls of the community!
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
You won’t be able to accomplish this unless you disband the household account, which is likely to trigger email notification to all household members.
Thank you for your reply. It seems that I will have to come clean with my plans!
Old Sep 16, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by LHR_Pinay
You can transfer your avios to avios.com, Qatar or Iberia account and book from there. This will affect your balance only.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:53 am

Rē post 261…
Some help here, please?
Pretty please?!
Old Sep 24, 2022, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by BritBesotted
HHA - adding friend/using Chase companion voucher

Having read through the info on the BA site, and forums, rē adding a friend to my household account, I want to make sure I’m clear on a few points.

Hubby is the head of the household account and I am in the household account as well.

I now have earned three vouchers in my individual account.

Question1: After hubby (as head of the HHA) adds my friend to the household account, can I use one of my Chase/Visa companion vouchers to book a flight for myself and my friend?

Your husband does not actually add your friend as a member of your household, but merely adds your friend to the friends and family list of the account.

Question 2: As I understand it, it does not have to be my husband, as the head of the household account, who is required to be traveling with myself and my friend on the same booking, correct?

No, your husband as head of household does not need to be traveling on your voucher.

Question 3: Is my friend required to be a member of the household account for a set amount of time before I can book a companion voucher ticket for the two of us?

No. Actually your friend would not be a member of your household account but would merely be listed in your friends and family list.

Would appreciate the input from the seasoned wise owls of the community!
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:58 pm

Many thanks for your help, Jerry! Guess I was having a problem with semantics in regard to household account member vs. friends list. In any event, appreciate your feedback! :j
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:34 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
In QR all Avios goes to HoH as per the terms
Can I transfer my family BA Aviso to each of their QR Avios and combine them t MY QR Avios and get all them back to BA in MY account?
Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:24 am

Hi, I am the head of a BAEC Household account with my wife and my 3 kids (ages 20 / 18 / 16) as members. Is there any way for me to transfer some of my Avios to the other 4 members of the Household Account - without paying a fee - in order to generate nominal 'activity' needed to keep their accounts active and so protect their Avios? The BA website is a nightmare (no surprises there) and I can't seem to find out whether this can be done, whether it can but only for a fee (via the gifting / sharing function) or whether it's something you have to request to do by phone. Any guidance would be appreciated! In the past I have made nominal transfers of points from my HSBC Premier credit card to their BAEC accounts but HSBC seems to have changed the rules so that you can only now transfer points to a BAEC account held in your own name.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Lumpster
Hi, I am the head of a BAEC Household account with my wife and my 3 kids (ages 20 / 18 / 16) as members. Is there any way for me to transfer some of my Avios to the other 4 members of the Household Account - without paying a fee - in order to generate nominal 'activity' needed to keep their accounts active and so protect their Avios? The BA website is a nightmare (no surprises there) and I can't seem to find out whether this can be done, whether it can but only for a fee (via the gifting / sharing function) or whether it's something you have to request to do by phone. Any guidance would be appreciated! In the past I have made nominal transfers of points from my HSBC Premier credit card to their BAEC accounts but HSBC seems to have changed the rules so that you can only now transfer points to a BAEC account held in your own name.
Since any redemption activity will be spread prorata among the Avios balances of all five members of your Household Account, any redemption by any member of the household will reset the expiration clock for all members. This is the simplest (and cheapest) way to keep the accounts active.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...and-conditions
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:35 am

Hi all, hope you are all making the best of the New Years Day,

Just a question regarding children in the Househould Account. I have my two in my Household Account but no exec number against them. Would I have to delete them and start again in order to generate a BA Exec Number ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.