FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to Household Accounts
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2022, 12:06 pm
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by BritBesotted
HHA - adding friend/using Chase companion voucher

Having read through the info on the BA site, and forums, rē adding a friend to my household account, I want to make sure I’m clear on a few points.

Hubby is the head of the household account and I am in the household account as well.

I now have earned three vouchers in my individual account.

Question1: After hubby (as head of the HHA) adds my friend to the household account, can I use one of my Chase/Visa companion vouchers to book a flight for myself and my friend?

Your husband does not actually add your friend as a member of your household, but merely adds your friend to the friends and family list of the account.

Question 2: As I understand it, it does not have to be my husband, as the head of the household account, who is required to be traveling with myself and my friend on the same booking, correct?

No, your husband as head of household does not need to be traveling on your voucher.

Question 3: Is my friend required to be a member of the household account for a set amount of time before I can book a companion voucher ticket for the two of us?

No. Actually your friend would not be a member of your household account but would merely be listed in your friends and family list.

Would appreciate the input from the seasoned wise owls of the community!