Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to Household Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2023, 2:41 pm

Qatar Avios not showing in household account

I am the head of my household account. One of my household account members (my wife) has combined her BA and Qatar accounts and recently credited flights to Qatar. Those miles are not showing in the household account. Any ideas?
Old Jan 16, 2023, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by HiroshimaFlyer
I am the head of my household account. One of my household account members (my wife) has combined her BA and Qatar accounts and recently credited flights to Qatar. Those miles are not showing in the household account. Any ideas?
no worries. Figured it out. Needed to transfer from Qatar to BA and now showing in my household account
Old Jan 16, 2023, 4:40 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by argonath
Hi all, hope you are all making the best of the New Years Day,

Just a question regarding children in the Househould Account. I have my two in my Household Account but no exec number against them. Would I have to delete them and start again in order to generate a BA Exec Number ?
I don´t see how you ahve added them without a BAEC number. Are you sure they are members of the household or Friends and family? If they are members and have no avios accrued, then yes, you can delete and add them again and see if it works.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
HHA members in different country?

I know that HHA members no longer need to live at the same address. But, is there any issues with some members living in a different country?
Old May 22, 2023, 11:16 am

My BA EC number and husband's are hard coded and unable to be deleted when I book a flight. Is this because we have a Household Account? Do I need to close the Household account to be able to put in AA FF#? Is there another way to book flights and attach the AA FF# for status and free bags?
Old Jul 19, 2023, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA VS
Many thanks for the FAQ explainer. I have just set up an HHA, which was easy, how long until I can see all the points and use them? After a couple of days, I am still invited to create an HHA.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Paxing
Many thanks for the FAQ explainer. I have just set up an HHA, which was easy, how long until I can see all the points and use them? After a couple of days, I am still invited to create an HHA.
Wondering this as well - how long should it take for the Household Account to show up?
Old Aug 12, 2023, 2:37 pm

Quick question, I'm BA Silver, partner and 13 YO no status (but looking at creating a Household Account to get started), GLA-LHR-PDX next June using cash + points (WT+ out/Club return), can't see what I'll/we'll earn AVIOS wise in 'Manage My Booking' as I can't fill in all the pre flight details due my Passport expiring before the flight so the current Passport No no good, was wondering AVIOS wise what I, my partner, and the 13 YO would earn for those flights, a GLA-LHR-DEN return myself is earning me circa 18,000 in October?

Last edited by sheep fancier; Aug 12, 2023 at 2:50 pm
Old Aug 16, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: US Airways DM Silver, United Mileage Plus
A BAEC newbie here, I just opened two BAEC accounts and need to transfer avios from acc 1 to acc 2. I have set up a HHA with both accounts, acc 2 as HoH. Is there a way to actually transfer avios from acc1 to acc 2? My ultimate goal is to transfer from acc 2 to Qatar PC. I can't link acc 1 and Qatar PC as my name slightly differs on both accounts, which is why I opened acc 2 with the exact name as the Qatar PC account. I'm US based if that matters. Any advice welcome!
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by mrwise
A BAEC newbie here, I just opened two BAEC accounts and need to transfer avios from acc 1 to acc 2. I have set up a HHA with both accounts, acc 2 as HoH. Is there a way to actually transfer avios from acc1 to acc 2? My ultimate goal is to transfer from acc 2 to Qatar PC. I can't link acc 1 and Qatar PC as my name slightly differs on both accounts, which is why I opened acc 2 with the exact name as the Qatar PC account. I'm US based if that matters. Any advice welcome!
The Household Account is not intended to facilitate points transfers. It is designed to allow account members to use each other's points, not transfer them.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by mrwise
As someone who is trying to get avios from my son and wife pooled into my account to facilitate a QR redemption, I feel your pain. BA will only allow 27k transfer per calendar year. Free if you are gold or £15 or US equivalent otherwise. I am fortunate that I don't require the avios until next year, which gives me time to shift them and the 2 x 27k yearly amounts will be sufficient for me. QR allows up to 250k transfer between accounts if you want to go down that road by creating another PC account, but I think it is very expensive. Others may have other suggestions.
mrwise likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
The Household Account is not intended to facilitate points transfers. It is designed to allow account members to use each other's points, not transfer them.
Thanks for clarifying, that's pretty much my understanding as well after extensive research sadly...
Old Aug 17, 2023, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by blurt91
As someone who is trying to get avios from my son and wife pooled into my account to facilitate a QR redemption, I feel your pain. BA will only allow 27k transfer per calendar year. Free if you are gold or £15 or US equivalent otherwise. I am fortunate that I don't require the avios until next year, which gives me time to shift them and the 2 x 27k yearly amounts will be sufficient for me. QR allows up to 250k transfer between accounts if you want to go down that road by creating another PC account, but I think it is very expensive. Others may have other suggestions.
Thanks for the suggestions! I read somewhere that avios could be pooled in an Aer Lingus avios account or something like that? It was too much work for me, so in the end I just bit the bullet and paid $20 to transfer avios between my accounts. I'll mostly create another PC account once my current redemptions are done so that I can move points around smoothly. At least BA's fee was very minimal compared to what US airlines charge to move miles!
Old Oct 12, 2023, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by blurt91
the 27k transfer, is it transfer or gift?
It's only to household accounts? Isn't it more expensive than 15GBP?
Old Oct 12, 2023, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by daruda
the 27k transfer, is it transfer or gift?
It's only to household accounts? Isn't it more expensive than 15GBP?
Transfer....and BA recently changed the amounts. You can now transfer up to 60k per year but the cost is now £50 per transfer. Still free if you are gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.