Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to Household Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:24 pm

I have done at least nine 2-4-1 redemptions, and all of my companions had their own BAEC number associated with their ticket. Otherwise, the passenger's name and the BAEC membership name won't match.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by cysyuen
I though you can add two numbers?
True.. You can.....
Old Dec 30, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cysyuen
I though you can add two numbers?
Yes, you can. However, it didn't make a difference. Logging in to her account still showed seat choices available at T-24.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I have done at least nine 2-4-1 redemptions, and all of my companions had their own BAEC number associated with their ticket. Otherwise, the passenger's name and the BAEC membership name won't match.
That doesn't seem to happen for Companion tickets (the Chase Visa program in the US). I've done at least as many of those, with one currently planned. Just had a look and MMB shows the same BA membership number for both myself and the wife.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, Hyatt-Glob, all else dirt level
Easiest way to prevent expiration of minor accounts

I have a household account - Blue status with 2 minors. Which would be the easiest way to keep their miles from expiring? I tried to just buy some, but because they are minors the system wouldn't allow it. Should I....

1. Buy something through the mall
2. Transfer some AMEX points from my account to theirs
3. Remove them online and hope their points transfer to me. I see there is form, but the online remove button looked less time consuming.

TIA!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
As you are blue, you must do some activity for all members. Easiest and cheapest is to buy something you need anyway through the mall. It may take quite some time for the miles to credit though.
I think you cannot transfer AMEX points to other people's accounts. You can do a redemption, it takes a fraction from everyone's points. Or close the accounts, they should transfer to the head of the household, but I haven't done this personally.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:08 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Can someone clarify the difference between the following groups of people in terms of limitations/permissions/etc:

"My Family and Friends"

vs.

"My Travel Companions" (max 8)?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:53 pm

You can share your avios with people who are on your Friends & Family list.

You can't do that with your Travel Companions. That list exists for the limited purpose of making it easier to book cash tickets that include those persons..... you don't have to re-type all of their personal information when you book a ticket for them.... the information is stored for your future use,

(I assume that you are not asking about 2-4-1 companions.....)
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:26 am

Help please!
Myself and my wife have seperate baec accounts at present. When I log into her account I have the option to make a household account, when I log into my account it states from my account we have a household account already with my wife's baec number entered but her maiden surname before we married but if we log into her account she displays our married surname?
However, considering it states I think that I'm the head of the household I can only view my points and not a combined household amount.
How do we resolve this so I can see and use a combined household accounts points please.
Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Help please!
Myself and my wife have seperate baec accounts at present. When I log into her account I have the option to make a household account, when I log into my account it states from my account we have a household account already with my wife's baec number entered but her maiden surname before we married but if we log into her account she displays our married surname?
However, considering it states I think that I'm the head of the household I can only view my points and not a combined household amount.
How do we resolve this so I can see and use a combined household accounts points please.
Thanks
I think you're best off calling BA. It would probably work to remove her from your account (Manage Household Account) and then add her back but you might fall foul to the 6 month cycle rule. Call BA before you remove her and it will be easier for BA to see there is a problem.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
I think you're best off calling BA. It would probably work to remove her from your account (Manage Household Account) and then add her back but you might fall foul to the 6 month cycle rule. Call BA before you remove her and it will be easier for BA to see there is a problem.
Thanks, will give them a call.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Thanks, will give them a call.
I guess you could try adding her a second time, and if that works delete her maiden-name entry. Can't see the harm in that.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
I guess you could try adding her a second time, and if that works delete her maiden-name entry. Can't see the harm in that.
Called CS, they advised easiest way was to remove old name and then add wife's account to HH account. Done this and can see my points when i log in as im the head of the household and the household accounts total below mine but when I go to select a flight using Avios it still only shows my points amount to use and not the total of the hh accounts?

How do you get to use all the available hh accounts points?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, LY PL, PC Platinum, RCCL Diamond
Hi all
I am planning to create an HHA. Before I do that a technical question. Will my children (under 18) receive a BAEC member number?
If not, when I book a ticket for them how do I technically make sure the tier points and avios are accounted into the HHA? is it done by name only??
Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by ysmisc
Hi all
I am planning to create an HHA. Before I do that a technical question. Will my children (under 18) receive a BAEC member number?
If not, when I book a ticket for them how do I technically make sure the tier points and avios are accounted into the HHA? is it done by name only??
Thanks
Yes, they will each get their own numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.