Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to Household Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I saw it on head for points that by dissolving a HHA with BAEC, all the children's avios will go to the head account holder, could someone confirm that it's still the case?

I tried to do it and I got a warning saying that all their avios will be cancelled - so I really don't want to risk it.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Mar 6, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: BMI, BA, PC-gold,SPG
do ba allow 2 accounts in the same name?
i have one at my address and one at my mums (due to tesco accounts held there) i would like to get them combined or add to household account.but not sure if ba will close both accounts? they have both been earning miles at the same time from tescos, so not like one was an old forgotten account.
Old May 23, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: KL/BMI/BA
Could anyone please help with this simple query?

I'm about to create a HHA for my partner & myself.
I have and earn the most Avios but my partner has a BA Amex and expects to earn a companion voucher later this year.

Does it matter who is listed as head of household on the account?

As I arrange and book our travel it would be best if it was me but would I then be able to use his companion voucher on a booking for the 2 of us from our HHA or would he have to make the booking as it is his companion voucher
Old May 23, 2016, 4:55 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by simon stingray
Could anyone please help with this simple query?

I'm about to create a HHA for my partner & myself.
I have and earn the most Avios but my partner has a BA Amex and expects to earn a companion voucher later this year.

Does it matter who is listed as head of household on the account?

As I arrange and book our travel it would be best if it was me but would I then be able to use his companion voucher on a booking for the 2 of us from our HHA or would he have to make the booking as it is his companion voucher
The companion voucher stays in that individuals account, and they would need to book using it. The Head of a HHA is more for the admin of the HHA (adding/removing people).
Old May 23, 2016, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by nux
The companion voucher stays in that individuals account, and they would need to book using it. The Head of a HHA is more for the admin of the HHA (adding/removing people).
Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, he would be able to book for us using his companion voucher and the combined miles in our HHA? (he will have the companion voucher but I have most of the Avios we require)

And it doesn't matter who is head of the HHA?
Old May 23, 2016, 7:03 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by simon stingray
Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, he would be able to book for us using his companion voucher and the combined miles in our HHA? (he will have the companion voucher but I have most of the Avios we require)

And it doesn't matter who is head of the HHA?
Correct.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by nux
Correct.
Great-thank you^
Old May 25, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Thinking of creating a HHA for the following reason:

Wife (Bronze) and I (Silver, soon to be Gold) have around 200k Avios each. We need to do a number of redemptions for her and baby on LAN and AA. When I log under my account, there’s plenty of redemption availability, but virtually none when I log in under her account.

I could just book those redemptions from my account, but seeing as they would use about 150k of my Avios, am I better off creating a HHA.

More importantly: by creating a HHA, will availability show as per the highest tier member? Should I still log in under my account to redeem for her?
Old May 25, 2016, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by RafKa
Thinking of creating a HHA for the following reason:

Wife (Bronze) and I (Silver, soon to be Gold) have around 200k Avios each. We need to do a number of redemptions for her and baby on LAN and AA. When I log under my account, there’s plenty of redemption availability, but virtually none when I log in under her account.

I could just book those redemptions from my account, but seeing as they would use about 150k of my Avios, am I better off creating a HHA.

More importantly: by creating a HHA, will availability show as per the highest tier member? Should I still log in under my account to redeem for her?
There should be no difference in partner availability based upon your BA status. Gold status provides expanded economy class award availability on BA flights.
•Additional reward availability in economy (V class)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25948897-post4.html
Old May 25, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
There should be no difference in partner availability based upon your BA status. Gold status provides expanded economy class award availability on BA flights.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25948897-post4.html
I know - but in practice this happens all the time on LAN. Case in point: SCL-AKL shows virtually no redemptions for Jan-Feb/2017 in Bronze, and plenty of options for Silver. Same for SCL-GIG redemptions... On second look, availability on AA seems to be the same regardless of tier.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I know - but in practice this happens all the time on LAN. Case in point: SCL-AKL shows virtually no redemptions for Jan-Feb/2017 in Bronze, and plenty of options for Silver. Same for SCL-GIG redemptions... On second look, availability on AA seems to be the same regardless of tier.
Definitely shouldn't. Might be because LAN has award issues as is.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Quick question, apologies if I've missed it when scanning up thread.

Looking at setting up a HHA and using a 241.

I have a substantially larger pile of Avios than my companion, but we are happy to pay the same number of Avios for the redemption.

Am I able to export to my IB account so that we have the same number each, then set up the HHA, make the redemption (which should debit 50/50) and finally move from IB to BA? Is this possible and are there any intricacies that I'm missing?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:01 am

If i redeem something then points are taken proportionally from all accounts, but does the same happen if I transfer to another (non-household account) member?

Or do they just come from the individual account that is transferring?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:35 pm

Sorry to bump in with a question of my own, but I was waondering from what age can children accrue Avios. Can infants accrue them, and if so, is it 10% of the normal accrual rate?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Sorry to bump in with a question of my own, but I was waondering from what age can children accrue Avios. Can infants accrue them, and if so, is it 10% of the normal accrual rate?
Infants can't accrue miles. Kids from 2-17 have to be in a household account to earn miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.