Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to Household Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
HHA member has passed away...

Can anyone suggest the right steps to take when a member has passed away... I think the last Avios earning flight taken by the individual was just over 3 years (by 2 weeks) although a redemption was taken about 20 months ago... As a revenue Lon-west coast j return was flown I imagine there's a significant number of miles we will lose if I don't take action..
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:39 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by CaroFos
Can anyone suggest the right steps to take when a member has passed away... I think the last Avios earning flight taken by the individual was just over 3 years (by 2 weeks) although a redemption was taken about 20 months ago... As a revenue Lon-west coast j return was flown I imagine there's a significant number of miles we will lose if I don't take action..
If you inform BA then the account will be closed. If the last activity was 20 months ago then that means there is 16 more months. Any redemptions made from any HHA member would count as activity and reset the 36 month expiry.

A London to West Coast J return would earn around 16,000 avios, less whatever redemption was made.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Removal and addition to HHA

I have a HHA which includes my wife and 4 children in it.

My in-laws are going to HKG later in the year in CW. They have never flown before and are therefore not members of BAEC. If I add them to my HHA I can benefit from the Avios they will earn but I only have 1 slot left as I am already using 6 out of 7.

I read on this thread that only 1 change can be made every 6 months.

I have a family trip booked in April which will earn Avios for the whole family and the inlaws travel in October.

My plan is to remove one of my children after our trip in April so I can add both the inlaws. Would I have to make these changes simultaneously so it counts as 1 change?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Apologies in advance if I missed this, but what's the best way to *change* Head of household?

I currently have my wife and daughter in my household, in which I'm head. I want to switch to having wife be head and daughter in her household, so that I can be free to schedule trips for non-household folks.

Appreciate any guidance!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:01 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by DaveH
Apologies in advance if I missed this, but what's the best way to *change* Head of household?

I currently have my wife and daughter in my household, in which I'm head. I want to switch to having wife be head and daughter in her household, so that I can be free to schedule trips for non-household folks.

Appreciate any guidance!
The 'Family and Friends' option will let you book for up to 7 additional people, and the list can be changed every 6 months.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by DaveH

Appreciate any guidance!
I would advise calling. They may also require something in writing. At least one person has changed the head of household in a similar manner:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19159632-post16.html
You can send a PM to that person to ask how best to do it.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:59 pm

Anyone know if you can set up a child on a BAEC HHA without an email? He's only 7 so no need to have an email yet.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Calum
Anyone know if you can set up a child on a BAEC HHA without an email? He's only 7 so no need to have an email yet.
Have you tried listing your email address for the child?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Have you tried listing your email address for the child?
Yes, this. All three of my kids have the same home address and email address as me in HHA, and the system is fine with that.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by snuffi
Yes, this. All three of my kids have the same home address and email address as me in HHA, and the system is fine with that.
Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by wb1969
I have a HHA which includes my wife and 4 children in it.

My in-laws are going to HKG later in the year in CW. They have never flown before and are therefore not members of BAEC. If I add them to my HHA I can benefit from the Avios they will earn but I only have 1 slot left as I am already using 6 out of 7.

I read on this thread that only 1 change can be made every 6 months.

I have a family trip booked in April which will earn Avios for the whole family and the inlaws travel in October.

My plan is to remove one of my children after our trip in April so I can add both the inlaws. Would I have to make these changes simultaneously so it counts as 1 change?
In my experience it is one change of the same kind every 6 months. That is, you can add someone, and you can then remove someone less than 6 months from that (but not add someone else). Not 100% sure, but I think that's how it works in practice.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Thinking of setting up a HHA.

I have a few questions about booking Reward Saver Flights.

Do all members have to have had activity during the previous 12 months?

Can RSF be booked for people on the friends list?

Is activity carried over to the household account from the individual accounts or has to start from the forming of an HHA?

One other question Is the HHA instantly available to use or does it take upto 14 days to become active like an Avios.com account?

Many thanks
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
The person making the booking must have activity. HHA is generally a collection of the individual accounts, so all the rules (expiration and activity) apply to them individually. Activity is not transferred. The account is available immediately.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:53 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by neuromancer
The person making the booking must have activity. HHA is generally a collection of the individual accounts, so all the rules (expiration and activity) apply to them individually. Activity is not transferred. The account is available immediately.
Thanks.

When you say activity is not transferred.
Does this mean that a BAEC member who has had activity on his individual account during the previous 12 months has to then upon forming a HHA have some form of activity prior to being able to book reward Saver Flights.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure I must be pretty thick, but I can find no way to set up/change a friends & family list. My executive club page has all the information it used to have, but there is no mention or link whatsoever to a F&F list I would like to set up.

Any clues? Do I have to log into the UK site? Help appreciated.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.