Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to Household Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Some relatives have enrolled themselves in a HHA and I was trying to help them redeem some miles for people in the F&F list. When making an award for just 1 pax, there isn't a dropdown list of all possible people, just the name of the head of the household and it cannot be changed? Does every award booking have to have the head of the household or the person from whose account the award is being booked?

When making a booking for 2 people, one is the head and the other has the dropdown list.
Update: Ended up calling BA and getting this done. Agent had no idea why this was happening online. Anyone know why this happens?
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Update: Ended up calling BA and getting this done. Agent had no idea why this was happening online. Anyone know why this happens?
Are you sure this isn’t down to the “Is the payment card holder travelling on this booking?” question rather than the HHA?

If you leave the answer as Yes the person logged in (because they’re paying) is the first passenger, and No gives you free choice.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Seems the ability to make changes will be suspended for several weeks soon - so make sure this is done by 03/10

Household Accounts

We are carrying out some planned improvements to the Executive Club which mean that you will be unable to create or manage a Household Account temporarily from 04 October to 17 November here or via your Contact Centre during this time.

Please make any changes prior to this date.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Seems the ability to make changes will be suspended for several weeks soon - so make sure this is done by 03/10
"Planned improvements" is rarely a good thing...
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Not sure why it's taking them 6+ weeks to do the improvements, enhancements, whatever... . Sounds as if they don't have a system ready to implement and will make things up as they go!
Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:08 am

Child accounts survive removal from HHA?

The existing wisdom is that if a child is removed from the HHA their BAEC account is cancelled and they lose their avios and tier points. But if I start to delete a child from my HHA, on the confirm screen the 4th bullet point reads:
  • Once a child member has been removed from your household account, they will be able to collect Avios through their individual Executive Club membership. They will be able to spend Avios from the age of 18 onwards. Please ensure they update their email address.
I would interpret this to say that their BAEC account remains active. Have the rules changed since the IT upgrade?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Can the OP update the first post to reflect the November change by BAEC to Household Accounts that allows members to reside at different addresses?
See my post here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33893443-post8.html
with details and links.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Can the OP update the first post to reflect the November change by BAEC to Household Accounts ....
Concur - and can BA update their own pages to reflect their own changes? https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ehold-accounts
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Has anyone noticed this after the changes?
Logging in to avios.com account and then Combine my avios
You see the whole household amount as available for transfer, not just your individual amount (as it was before). I wonder what happens if I transfer all of it to avios.com and then Iberia (or back to BAEC). Will I be able to join all the family avios in one place...
I'm tempted to try, but last year tried something like this via Nectar and had my account locked for suspicious activity, so will be more careful this time...
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Has anyone noticed this after the changes?
Logging in to avios.com account and then Combine my avios
You see the whole household amount as available for transfer, not just your individual amount (as it was before). I wonder what happens if I transfer all of it to avios.com and then Iberia (or back to BAEC). Will I be able to join all the family avios in one place...
I'm tempted to try, but last year tried something like this via Nectar and had my account locked for suspicious activity, so will be more careful this time...
Yes but could not transfer to IB account. Called to BAEC customer service, the agent could not transfer either. Was told that he will send the message to relevant department and it should took 7-10 days. A week has been gone but nothing.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:24 pm

Some relatives have enrolled themselves in a HHA and I was trying to help them redeem some miles for people in the F&F list. When making an award for just 1 pax, there isn't a dropdown list of all possible people, just the name of the head of the household and it cannot be changed? Does every award booking have to have the head of the household or the person from whose account the award is being booked?

When making a booking for 2 people, one is the head and the other has the dropdown list.
Originally Posted by pauldb
Are you sure this isn’t down to the “Is the payment card holder travelling on this booking?” question rather than the HHA?

If you leave the answer as Yes the person logged in (because they’re paying) is the first passenger, and No gives you free choice.
I'm seeing the same behavior when I try to redeem from our HHA and logging in with my membership credentials - there is no way to change the first passenger (or set up a single passenger booking for someone on our list of members and friends), even when toggling the "Is the payment card holder travelling on this booking" option. But when we log in with my wife's credentials, the option to select a traveler from the drop-down list appears once the "Is the payment card holder travelling on this booking" option is set to "no". I am pretty sure I redeemed for others before when logged in with my account, but somehow that doesn't work for me now, at least not at the moment.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by hogo74
I'm seeing the same behavior when I try to redeem from our HHA and logging in with my membership credentials - there is no way to change the first passenger (or set up a single passenger booking for someone on our list of members and friends), even when toggling the "Is the payment card holder travelling on this booking" option. But when we log in with my wife's credentials, the option to select a traveler from the drop-down list appears once the "Is the payment card holder travelling on this booking" option is set to "no". I am pretty sure I redeemed for others before when logged in with my account, but somehow that doesn't work for me now, at least not at the moment.
There is a topic about this, but basically, it is a security precaution only for members that have not redeemed for a very long time. you have to call to book (unfortunately) and after that the account will be unlocked.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
More odd, or changed, behaviour - since the upgrade it seems.

Whenever I book a redemption now, the full amount is taken from my account and then a balancing pro-rata payment is made from her account into mine - with 'contribution sent' or 'contribution received' in the respective statements. Same the other way round when booking from her account. Previously, the pro-rata amounts were just taken directly from each account on booking.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm new to BA, as is my family, and hoping someone can help with an issue in getting everyone into a household account.

In prep for an upcoming (admittedly, short-haul trip), I created an Exec. club account, and attempted to add my wife and 2 daughters (7 and 3) as household members. They don't have their own accounts [yet], so figured it was easiest to add them as non members, so they could create their accounts through the activation. However, this doesn't seem to work. Have tried several times, on several browsers. The link to activate brings us to a page where they are supposed to verify my birthdate (as head of household) and agree to the terms. When this is done, and they click the add member button, it goes to a page saying there is a technical error and to try again or contact.

I tried several times earlier this week, on different browsers, deleting them when the link didn't work and re-adding, etc. I was able to work around this for my wife, as she was able to create an account on her own, then I was able to add her to my household by using the option for an existing member, and the link to add her to the household worked. I can't do that for my kids, since they are minors, and BA only allows them to sign up as part of a household account.

I did call a couple of days ago, was on hold for 45 minutes but the agent told me I couldn't do this for the kids because they were minors, so I needed to sign them up with the same email that I use. This can't be correct though, as for one thing, we had the same initial problem trying to add my wife, and second, because I wasn't even at a point where I could add their birthdays. It only asked for mine (as head of household).

Any idea what is going on here, and how to get the kids accounts as part of my household?
Old May 2, 2022, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer
There is a topic about this, but basically, it is a security precaution only for members that have not redeemed for a very long time. you have to call to book (unfortunately) and after that the account will be unlocked.
This is still an issue, having just came across the same inability to change the passenger name to a F&F member, or even a fellow HHA member. Is there a workaround to calling?

Also, is there a link to the topic thread? I can’t seem to find it.

Last edited by pazza2000; May 2, 2022 at 9:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.