Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options (2013, 2014, & 2015) for the Galleries Club (GC) lounges in LHR, of which there are three in Terminal 5 (T5A North & South, and T5B). This lounge is open to passengers flying oneworld on a business class ticket, BAEC Silver and oneworld Sapphire card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the GC lounges can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I assume fizz is as KARFA said last month, quoted KARFA post, from last month.
It was just self serve champagne when I was there in September, but I suspected those days were numbered.

But, if there’s now self serve Prosecco, as well as champagne on request, then that’s an improvement, I guess…
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by bafan
So no longer champagne on request, then ?
I saw some boxes of Castelnau through the kitchen door, so I assume it's still available on request, but I didn't ask.

Out in the bars, it was definitely Prosecco this morning.

Nowhere is there any signage or hint that (real) Champagne is available on request, so as previously it could just be on a 'need to know basis' but I also suspect that you could get fobbed off with some Prosecco (or whatever is in the open bars) in which case it needs to be drowned in orange juice.

Sorry, I'm not a Prosecco fan on the whole but I accept it is quite popular.
bafan and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
As you say, I think it has been always 'on request' for the past several years or more, apart from a few times, for one reason or the other.

If in doubt, I would always ask anyway. I don't like either, really, but plenty others do.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 6:44 am

I was surprised to find that Galleries North didn't have Tanqueray 10, but the satellite lounge does. Don't know if that's intentional or not (I never normally go to the main lounges, they're too crowded).
Old Nov 24, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RG1X
I was surprised to find that Galleries North didn't have Tanqueray 10, but the satellite lounge does. Don't know if that's intentional or not (I never normally go to the main lounges, they're too crowded).
It is BA, do not analyse to hard

My assumption is T5B is more CW/Long Haul and T5N is more domestic / CE
cbyrne92 and RG1X like this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Originally Posted by RG1X
I've typically seen self pour Champagne in the T5B satelite as well when it has been 'on request' in galleries North / South.

My guess has always been that this serves the F passengers who move over to the satellites early and that the ratio of LH F and J passengers to silver card holders on HBO euro fares is skewed in favour of just letting them self pour.

CB
RG1X likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 6:02 pm

Could very well be the case. It used to be that the staff at the entrance to the satellite lounge would tell me that I had access to the Flounge / say that my flight wouldn't be leaving from B / C... but I don't recall them doing that for some time now.
CharlotteC likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 4:32 am

I had a very bad experience at the B gate lounge last March and was told that my QR flight had been cancelled and that I needed to get back to the A gates and get rebooked. It was showing a C gate number on my app and on various other websites. When I disagreed and said that it was still showing said that I would go to the C gates the staff got really quite unpleasant! In the end I went to the C gates panicking as it was getting quite late and caught my flight and the QR crew were horrified…not a good start to a holiday in Sri Lanka
Old Nov 25, 2022, 5:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Prosecco and the rosé version on self serve in both South and B GC yesterday, I think there is a Bottega promotion on, plenty of bottles. Champagne on request I have seen champagne on self pour recently in B.
LCSinTexas and cbyrne92 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:13 am

Programs: BA - Bronze, Hilton - Platinum
Hi all - after some advice as I have a 7hr connection at T5 arriving in CW from JNB and then onto ARN in CE.
I am thinking about connecting landside and using the Arrivals lounge for a shower and better breakfast offering than the Galleries options Airside, and then clearing security and using the Galleries lounges prior to my ARN flight.

Is the Arrivals lounge better for Breakfast (to save waking on the early flight from JNB) and a shower or do these equal offerings exist if I stay airside at the Galleries?
Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2023, 1:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I would say it is better than the airside GC lounges, more of a GF type hot buffet in the arrivals lounge. Regardless I would tend to go landside in your situation if only for a change of scene and perhaps a short walk outside as well before you head back airside.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 4:11 am

Good morning,

Are they any decaffeinated sugar-free soft drinks (other than tonic and soda water) in any of the T5 lounges? Alternatively, does anywhere sell them airside? Preferably a diet lemonade or decaffeinated Coke Zero.

Many thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2023, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I would say it is better than the airside GC lounges, more of a GF type hot buffet in the arrivals lounge. Regardless I would tend to go landside in your situation if only for a change of scene and perhaps a short walk outside as well before you head back airside.
I have an upcoming DUB - USA via LHR flight with a 4 connection time. This is one ticket and luggage being checked DUB-US. If I go landslide at LHR, how will this affect my ready to fly status?
Old Apr 10, 2023, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Gallus1
I have an upcoming DUB - USA via LHR flight with a 4 connection time. This is one ticket and luggage being checked DUB-US. If I go landslide at LHR, how will this affect my ready to fly status?
It won't. Coming off your DUB flight, you just exit landside and there is no record of that. Then you just go through security when ready to go airside, and you get 'ready to fly' then as normal.

The only thing that would mess things up is if you went through flight connections security to airside first and then exited (via the shuttle) afterwards, which you have no need to do. Or if you missed the T-35mins conformance time for getting to security, which you would be pretty foolish to do.
Gallus1 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 8:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Gallus1
not an issue at all. You are marked ready to fly when you scan your bp just before security, so that’s either in flight connections if you stayed airside, or at normal security if you come from landside. If you go landside out via immigration then that’s fine. Obviously make sure you head up to security well before conformance.
Gallus1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.