Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options (2013, 2014, & 2015) for the Galleries Club (GC) lounges in LHR, of which there are three in Terminal 5 (T5A North & South, and T5B). This lounge is open to passengers flying oneworld on a business class ticket, BAEC Silver and oneworld Sapphire card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the GC lounges can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2023, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Oh dear. Another terrible processed potato product when they could have real parmentier or sautéed potatoes. I guess they’re cheap and easy, which seem to be the by-words for the (lounge) catering again these days…
Old May 2, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bafan
Oh dear. Another terrible processed potato product when they could have real parmentier or sautéed potatoes. I guess they’re cheap and easy, which seem to be the by-words for the (lounge) catering again these days…
sure, but also... a sausage (admittedly another processed product)
Old May 2, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I must confess that I thought the sausages were ok!

To be quite truthful, today was the first time of using the lounge (we did South and T5B) so the whole experience was very pleasant. In comparison to the main departure area where you have to fight for a Pret and a seat, having use of a lounge is lovely and is definitely the way forward for us.

I imagine you get blasé if you’ve been experiencing it for years but for newbies it’s great!! We did think about going for Gold but having tried it out, Galleries Club is fine for us.
adrianlondon and Sealink like this.
Old May 3, 2023, 2:56 am

Here is the Prosecco pour your own selection available at 06.00:

Can you still get champagne by asking one of the staff for it? Or has champagne gone for ever?
Sealink likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Here is the Prosecco pour your own selection available at 06.00:

Can you still get champagne by asking one of the staff for it? Or has champagne gone for ever?
Yes, you can.
Old May 12, 2023, 12:09 pm

Smoothies/Vitamin juice

Not seen these before but probs been around for ages. Smoothie and vitamin drinks in the T3 club lounge tonight.

Old May 12, 2023, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kgmm77
i would imagine tater tots would be familiar enough to almost all americans on here (although possibly not welcomed by all).
Who doesn’t like tater tots!?!?
Old Jul 29, 2023, 7:37 am

Well, I have to say that breakfast in GC South definitely seems the best time to be in the lounge at the moment. From 7 to 8 am last week there was plenty of room, the staff were very helpful and efficient (clearing plates and getting champagne) and the full English breakfast buffet was great.

The only downside was the champagne seemed like paint stripper compared to the Heidseck served onboard in CE.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Is there a way of seeing what menu the Galleries Club Lounges in T5 are serving at the different times of the days? Only ones I can seem to find are fairly old now. Is the food available after breakfast the same right throughout the day or is there a different dinner menu?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Coffeemadman
Is there a way of seeing what menu the Galleries Club Lounges in T5 are serving at the different times of the days? Only ones I can seem to find are fairly old now. Is the food available after breakfast the same right throughout the day or is there a different dinner menu?
after breakfast it is the same food throughout the day

last week I had this around 6pm in A north

The pie Was turkey and ham. I suspect the pie filling may change but the other items will be pretty much the same.

There were also salad options, some pasta option and a couple of other things I cannot remember.

the B lounge seems to have a jacket potato station and a few other options that were not available at the A lounges

Last edited by scottishpoet; Jan 3, 2024 at 3:18 pm
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
after breakfast it is the same food throughout the day

last week I had this around 6pm in A north

The pie Was turkey and ham. I suspect the pie filling may change but the other items will be pretty much the same.

There were also salad options, some pasta option and a couple of other things I cannot remember.

the B lounge seems to have a jacket potato station and a few other options that were not available at the A lounges

Cheers. It's how I expected it to be. I haven't ever flown later in the evening so have only ever experienced breakfast/lunch times.
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Coffeemadman
In addition to the above, there's also normally a curry of some variety, and side snack things like chicken wings I've seen more often than not of late.

The turkey and ham pie is a think a Christmas one; slightly preferred those they had beforehand. But yes, I think it's the same after breakfast for the rest of the day. Though I have definitely seen scones and clotted cream out for afternoon tea once; though I'm normally an early/late bird, so rarely there at that time.
Coffeemadman likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
What does the T5B lounge do for breakfast nowadays? Is there anything on offer at the food to order station?
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Patentguy
What does the T5B lounge do for breakfast nowadays? Is there anything on offer at the food to order station?
The food station usually has overnight oats, a couple of bagel and brioche options, and a filled croissant. That's in addition to the usual Club lounge buffet offerings.
Patentguy and KARFA like this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 5:44 am

Can anyone please provide the latest code to check menus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.