Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2014 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. For the JFK CCR, see this post for a recent menu (hat tip: francismc)

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights

For the First lounge in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover.
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note from BA Executive Club.
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:48 am

Wow, that must have been quite a connection - or did you pick your schedule to spend a day in the CCR?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 7:56 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
So I was in the CCR for the first time in three weeks, as I've had three weeks off.

Normally, I'm there once or twice a week.

I had lunch, Wild Mushroom Soup, followed by the Seabass.

Both the dishes where served hot and even the breadrole was nicelly warmed.

This hasn't always been true in the past, so hopefully they've started to get it right.

Fingers crossed.

Staff, friendly and chatty, perhaps a little more than usual, as They've not seen me for a little while.

bjorns
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
Just yesterday afternoon, the lovely agent told me that the eggs benedict were back on - was I aware, she remembered when I asked a couple of months ago!

Not much use to me because my next real morning flight is the 8am to JFK on Sunday, and to be quite frank - whilst I am pleased that the Eggs Benedict is back on the menu, I doubt I'll want to eat breakfast at 2am after what I assume to be, a pretty short night.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You can choose from the breakfast menu until noon and from the rest of the day menu from about 11:30, often earlier.

There are a number of topics about the new caterer which will answer all your questions. Yes, it looks like all the staff have transferred to BS.
If you wanted a breakfast in the afternoon would they be happy to do so, assuming they've not ran out of ingredients and waiting for a delivery?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 710 77345
Wow, that must have been quite a connection - or did you pick your schedule to spend a day in the CCR?
I was travelling to SIN and the only flights operated by BA are late departures.

I can work and read in the CCR just as easily as at home. But the food and drink is free there and you can see aircraft moving around on the ground which I can certainly cannot do at home. So I arrived just in time for lunch and made a day of it.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by layz
If you wanted a breakfast in the afternoon would they be happy to do so, assuming they've not ran out of ingredients and waiting for a delivery?
I've never asked. The staff really are very accommodating so it wouldn't hurt to ask. I suppose it depends what it is you want, Eggs Benedict might be easy enough for the kitchen, but a full fry up? Not sure. There are some excellent staff in the CCR, especially Ann. She's the salt of the earth and never let's my glass (or belly!) get empty. She get's rather concerned if I'm not drinking at the 'correct' pace!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by layz
If you roll in just after 12 they may pro-actively offer breakfast. I think there comes a point when it becomes impractical, but if you wanted scrambled eggs and smoked salmon I suspect they could rustle that up later on too.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 3:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Minor update: CCR egg benedict is now offered as both a ham or a salmon version. Here is the salmon egg benedict:

Egg benedict is also available in Flounge, and I'm guessing if you asked for the salmon version over there you would get it.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Minor update: CCR egg benedict is now offered as both a ham or a salmon version. Here is the salmon egg benedict:

Egg benedict is also available in Flounge, and I'm guessing if you asked for the salmon version over there you would get it.
Nice. May give that a try when I'm there on Sunday.

Really enjoy the regular Eggs Benedict the CCR serves up.

MAN-FF
Old Aug 9, 2013, 4:41 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Eggs Benedict for us peasants in GF? Fantastic!

Now they just need to serve it with a bottle of LPGS.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm sure that was called Eggs Royale in the LCY restaurant, not sure if that name is commonplace.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MAN-FF
Nice. May give that a try when I'm there on Sunday.

Really enjoy the regular Eggs Benedict the CCR serves up.

MAN-FF
OMG its teeny - i'd expect to get two of those as a standard portion

And yes Salmon version is usually called Royale as veggie (spinach) is usually called Eggs Florentine.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:57 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
In the CCR just now and have had a late lunch/early dinner.

I don't know if it will be standard from now on, nor how long between changes, but today they've got a 'special'.

Todays 'special' is a Goan fish curry made with monk fish and served with rice.

Didn't try it, as I'll probably be having a fish curry onboard later.

bjorns
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:53 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by bjorns
I don't know if it will be standard from now on, nor how long between changes, but today they've got a 'special'.
Would be a very welcome addition as they don't seem to change the menu nearly as often any more.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Well they haven't changed the menu in 4 months and there is no sign of any changes coming. Didn't the menu (actually both menus) change monthly under Restaurant Associates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.