Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2014 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. For the JFK CCR, see this post for a recent menu (hat tip: francismc)

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights

For the First lounge in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover.
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note from BA Executive Club.
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:03 am

Plus most food poisonings would not occur immediately after consumption of the meal in question. In addition, I'm wondering how much harm a completely cooked burger can do.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by uk1
Exactly the same happened to me! A visiting "celebrity" chef from India at IC BKK managed to undercook some Tikka. I lost nearly 4 stone!
I really need to visit that restaurant

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Indeed, I sometimes feel like I live in the CCR; 9 times out of 10 I will have a meal there and have suffered no adverse affects from the food offerings (apart from boredom of the old menu!).
I use the flounge most weeks (T3 or T5) and 9 times out of 10 I have the burger. The T5 flounge uses the same kitchen as the CCR and I've had no ill effects.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:12 am

If only there was some sort of independent report which shows how good the CCR's food safety has been...
Old Dec 7, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Kindly guested to the CCR so I had a chance to sample the duck. It wasn't a bad choice at all ^

It was maybe a bit smaller than I expected but I believe the dishes are sized adequately to allow you to have starter, main and dessert without feeling like you just won all-you-can-eat competition.

And one reminder if anyone is not aware: You can get anything from GF lounge manu/buffet too. Lovely CCR lady delivered the pork belly with a big smile. Needless to say I had a big smile after this CCR experience too
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
nah

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That doesn't sound like a consequence of anything you've eaten in the Concorde Room.
nah, it wasn't india. Two people, ate the same thing - the burger. Had the special sauce and that crazy stuff on the fries. It was either in the burger (ecoli) or the semi-mayo sauce from the special sauce or the fries dipping sauce.

As for food poisoning or not, referencing other comments, one totally will experience this within about three hours of consumption, that is classic food poisoning. Can't say though whether it is salmonella or ecoli specific, but regardless both present rather quickly. And, that is exactly when/how it presented. We were at least 20 hours from food in india, so that wouldn't be it.

Somewhere on some thread here in the BA forum there is a clear report of health code deficiencies at the CCR in LHR. It didn't surprise me at all.

Now, when I'm there next february are we going to sit down and have bfast or lunch, for shoah... same for the trip in Sept to SA.. But, I'm going to be very careful and since they had the british health department after them, I'm sure their practices for food storage and preparation have probably been taken up a notch.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
Plus most food poisonings would not occur immediately after consumption of the meal in question. In addition, I'm wondering how much harm a completely cooked burger can do.
So, in GB there really isn't something called a "completely cooked burger", ecoli takes quite a bit of temperature to effectively kill.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:47 pm

you mean

Originally Posted by 710 77345
If only there was some sort of independent report which shows how good the CCR's food safety has been...
you mean, like this?

http://www.joe.org.uk/ba.pdf

:-)
Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Reading the posts from the CCR/BA regulars make us (regulars) sound like we have an iron stomach or weird immunity against harmful microbes something but I have so far never had any food poisoning incident that was linked to BA either.

Norovirus being extremely infectious I do worry about it a little, but in fact more worried about making contact with it in the loo etc (of course I wash my hands!).
Old Dec 8, 2013, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Exec, Amex Plat, CX Gold, etc.
Despite what Edwina Currie may think; the chance of it being salmonella via eggs in the mayo in are incredibly slim.

Most food poisoning is actually caused by fresh leafy veg which hasn't been cleaned properly (soil contains all sorts of nasty microbes)
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Housekeeping

I've archived this thread and in the process of doing so moved all 2014 posts over to the new thread which you can find here..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...us-2014-a.html

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.