Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2014 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. For the JFK CCR, see this post for a recent menu (hat tip: francismc)

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights

For the First lounge in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover.
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note from BA Executive Club.
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:50 am

Programs: BAEC - Blue :-(
Thanks CWS for posting those pics - now I'm even more excited about my first trip to the CCR tomorrow.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 3:14 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Must say the beef looked jolly good, and nicely on the rare to medium side which I like, also the cheese cake looked appertising, will look forward to trying those out in Feb. Whether the muffins are in Galleries North did not appear to see them on Monday morning 06.00a.m. but they had some jolly good bacon rolls, freshly bought out as a friend and I walked into the lounge, and they went down very well with a glass of bubbles^
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
I was kindly guested into the CCR this week by ThatT1Feeling.

I had the parsnip soup, Duck main followed by the cheese.
Whilst very far from a regular! I thought there was a good improvement over my previous visit regarding the food quality, and the service was good also.

On Monday I noticed lots of fully black BAEC cards on peoples bags. Is that for prems?

Also, I used the boardroom to work in for an hour or so. what a great place to get some quality work done. It would be great if the could segregate the work area's in the other lounges somewhat
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I had the beef recently, and my partner had the duck. Both were delicious, as was the sticky toffee pudding. It was our first time in the CCR and it was a very pleasant place to spend time. The service out on the terrace was good too, no complaints at all.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Man, I won't touch any beef there ever again. Had a bad burger (GF and I both) and then sat in F from LHR to SFO and well, you know what we did the whole flight. Nice thing was the F purser just kept one of the lavatories RESERVED for us alone, so when we had to go, either A or B, we had a clear path. Ruined the last leg of a great journey to India, but it left quite a memory.

Personally, I was really looking forward to some movies, my own bottle of JW Blue, and about a half pound of cashews on the ride home. Sadly, I got to re-enjoy my Concord lounge burger several times over during that flight. :-(

Hopefully, by next year when we head SFO-LHR-CPT-JNB-LHR-ORD, the CR will be sorted and won't leave us wishing we were just in coach or Biz and having to buy food from a vendor at LHR.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 1:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Man, I won't touch any beef there ever again. Had a bad burger (GF and I both) and then sat in F from LHR to SFO and well, you know what we did the whole flight. Nice thing was the F purser just kept one of the lavatories RESERVED for us alone, so when we had to go, either A or B, we had a clear path. Ruined the last leg of a great journey to India, but it left quite a memory.

Personally, I was really looking forward to some movies, my own bottle of JW Blue, and about a half pound of cashews on the ride home. Sadly, I got to re-enjoy my Concord lounge burger several times over during that flight. :-(

Hopefully, by next year when we head SFO-LHR-CPT-JNB-LHR-ORD, the CR will be sorted and won't leave us wishing we were just in coach or Biz and having to buy food from a vendor at LHR.
That doesn't sound like a consequence of anything you've eaten in the Concorde Room.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:25 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That doesn't sound like a consequence of anything you've eaten in the Concorde Room.
I eat in the CCR once or twice a week and have done so for the past year or two and nothing like that has ever happened to me.

I'd also doubt that bad meat was the cause of OP's illness, though it can of course not be excluded as a cause.

bjorns
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by bjorns
I eat in the CCR once or twice a week and have done so for the past year or two and nothing like that has ever happened to me...
Indeed, I sometimes feel like I live in the CCR; 9 times out of 10 I will have a meal there and have suffered no adverse affects from the food offerings (apart from boredom of the old menu!).

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Dec 4, 2013 at 2:41 am
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
My eating habits in the CCR are pretty much a matter for the public record, again no ill effects. Sounds Noro'ish to me, which of course could have come from all sorts of sources.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Sounds like a clue to the source of the illness is that it was the "last leg of a great journey to India". It sounds like the symptoms one of the many 'Delhi Belly' nasties one can pick up there. They usually take 12-48 hours to fully hit you, so just about the right amount of time to strike you down on the second leg after a stop over in the CCR...
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I have to say that despite my misgivings over the quality of the previous CCR menu I haven't actually been poisoned rather than bored by the food either. It isn't inconceivable that the CCR was the cause but as others have said the incubation period is rather short for it to be the most likely culprit.

It isn't nice whatever the cause and I hope the OP is feeling better now. I once had something similar where the only possible cause was food at a luxury hotel in BKK where I regularly stayed. I haven't really been as keen to stay again.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:12 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Was it under-cooked ie red or pink?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:19 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
It isn't nice whatever the cause and I hope the OP is feeling better now. I once had something similar where the only possible cause was food at a luxury hotel in BKK where I regularly stayed. I haven't really been as keen to stay again.
Exactly the same happened to me! A visiting "celebrity" chef from India at IC BKK managed to undercook some Tikka. I lost nearly 4 stone!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
[QUOTE=uk1;21899863]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

Exactly the same happened to me! A visiting "celebrity" chef from India at IC BKK managed to undercook some Tikka. I lost nearly 4 stone![/QUOTE

Tell me more. I could do with losing weight!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by travellingblade
Sounds like a clue to the source of the illness is that it was the "last leg of a great journey to India". It sounds like the symptoms one of the many 'Delhi Belly' nasties one can pick up there. They usually take 12-48 hours to fully hit you, so just about the right amount of time to strike you down on the second leg after a stop over in the CCR...
+1 , returning from India, I can't see the CCR being the obvious candidate for any poisoning.

I've always found the food there to be pretty decent, though would welcome the addition of a all-day breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.