Old May 17, 13, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2014 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. For the JFK CCR, see this post for a recent menu (hat tip: francismc)

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights

For the First lounge in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover.
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note from BA Executive Club.
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013

Old Apr 19, 13, 4:48 pm

Programs: F
What else is available on request that is not on the menu? We need to know the unknown unknowns!
Old Apr 20, 13, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Black pudding is not on the menu but is available on request (also on request in Flounge, both T3 and T5).
Plenty on the T5 Flounge buffet and rather good.^
Old May 2, 13, 9:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For reference purposes only

This is the PREVIOUS 2013 Concorde Room (LHR T5 airside) menu.
Concorde Room lounge menu – entered service 16 January 2013, left service 1 May 2013.

Breakfast (unchanged from previous menus)
Freshly baked croissants and Danish pastries
Toast, bagels, muffins and brioche
Selection of cereals, muesli and granola
Traditional porridge
Orange segments, grapefruit halves, freshly prepared fruit salad and mixed berries
Yoghurt selection
Fresh fruit juices
Jams, preserves, honey and Marmite

Traditional English breakfast featuring - Sausage, bacon, mushroom, tomato, and baked beans.
Scrambled egg (vegetarian).
Kippers.
Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (CCR exclusive).
Eggs Benedict (CCR exclusive).
Soft-boiled eggs with soldiers (vegetarian).
Freshly prepared waffles (vegetarian) (Sometimes available in Flounge).

Selection of fresh bread and baguettes (vegetarian).
Selection of cold meats and cheese.
Light dishes
Shallot and red wine Tart Tatin, Dunsyre Blue cheese, Secrets Famr baby leaf salad (vegetarian)
Char grilled chicken breast and Parma ham open sandwich on focaccia, basil mayonnaise, rocket. (CCR exclusive)
Prawn wonton and sweet corn broth, spring onion and pak choi and chestnut
Cream of mushroom soup, chive crme frache, warm wholemeal roll (vegetarian)
Main Course
Lake District farmed game terrine, wrapped in smoked streaky bacon, winter pear and apple chutney, toasted bloomer.
Slow braised shoulder of lamb, creamed potato, green beans, parsnip and carrot crisps (CCR exclusive)
BA gourmet beef burger: Croxton Manor cheddar, potato wedges and garden salad.
Crab linguini, garlic, chilli, herb butter (CCR exclusive)
Butternut squash ravioli, roasted butternut pure, dressed rocket (vegetarian).
Dessert
Brioche, apple and cinnamon bread and butter pudding, apple butter, cream.
Warm rich dark chocolate fondant, vanilla bean ice cream (CCR exclusive)
Seasonal fruit salad with berries
Selection of cheese from the British Isles - Keen's Cheddar, Tunworth, Innes Log, St James. With fig, quince and apple chutney.

Pre Flight Supper Menu (previous offering, for the record)

Toasted tomato soup with rocket pesto
Chicken liver parfait, red onion jam, pickled shallots, brioche toast
Blackened line caught mackerel, root vegetables, horseradish cream

Seared Loch Duart salmon fillet, baby leeks, parmesan potatoes
Roast Lake District venison, colcannon, red wine reduction,
New Forest wild mushroom risotto

Warm chocolate pudding, creme anglais
Apple and frangipane tart, apple butter, cinnamon popcorn
English cheeses
Selection of British Cheeses with Oatcakes and Fruit Bread[/I]

Posting update
16 Jan 2013 - Original post, first new menu of 2013
1 March 2013 - Updated Pre Flight menu
2 May 2013 - Menu retirement
Old May 2, 13, 11:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ladies and gentleman, I have now updated the first post in this thread with the current menu that came into operation today.

Note that there are quite a few changes. There are some good improvements to the standard English breakfast, including Cumberland sausage from a well respected producer. However egg benedict has gone! Also gone is the pre flight supper menu, on the other hand the main menu for the day has been upgraded to a range of dishes - and probably conscious of the typical CCR clientele (e.g. sea bass). Photos to follow in the next day or so.
Old May 2, 13, 12:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
... However egg benedict has gone! ...
Noooo! I'm never fl .... I mean I'll have to find a new favourite for breakfast.

Looking forward to trying the new offerings ... thanks for the update CWS ^
Old May 3, 13, 12:01 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Morning all from the CCR....

So, first impressions are as follows...

1. Thankfully the usual staff remain!!.Nice new uniforms and same big smiles. I think there are some extras here as well (and about 3 managers!) to create a good initial impression

2. The typeface on the menu is so small. There is loads of space to use, but they only seem to be using half a page of A5. For an old git like me, it's required some fishing out of glasses I never normally need to use in the CCR (and let's face it, a lot of people in the CCR are likely to be at least in their 30s )

3. Where has the eggs benedict gone?? Such a shame - was looking forward to one. (2nd Edit... the lounge manager has already explained that it will be back very soon due to popular demand )

Last edited by ThatT1Feeling; May 3, 13 at 12:18 am
Old May 3, 13, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Oh dear! My wife and I are doing our first First to New York a week today, and she was *seriously* looking forward to Eggs Benedict. They have a week to solve this very middle-class, first-world problem!
Old May 3, 13, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
2. The typeface on the menu is so small. There is loads of space to use, but they only seem to be using half a page of A5. For an old git like me, it's required some fishing out of glasses I never normally need to use in the CCR (and let's face it, a lot of people in the CCR are likely to be at least in their 30s )
Well it's not that small, I don't think, and regretably I am no spring chicken. Happily we all have FlyerTalk and the scalable fonts of the internet. I once saw a print out of one of my menu postings being used by a member of staff to take my order, which I found rather amusing.

The bigger problem - not so much on the breakfast menu - was all the errors and spelling mistakes on them. I think it was done in a rush. For example, on the First lounge menu, though there is a helpful explanation of what the V for vegetarian stands for, not one dish on either menu - Flounge now has 2 menus for morning and afternoon - has that status!
Old May 3, 13, 2:51 am

... 3. Where has the eggs benedict gone?? Such a shame - was looking forward to one. (2nd Edit... the lounge manager has already explained that it will be back very soon due to popular demand ) ...
Yipeee! Although presumably not in time for my next breakfast visit on Sunday

Pleased to hear it's coming back ^
Old May 3, 13, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Morning all from the CCR....

So, first impressions are as follows...

At least.... ...

Originally Posted by magyaar View Post
Oh dear! My wife and I are doing our first First to New York a week today, and she was *seriously* looking forward to Eggs Benedict. They have a week to solve this very middle-class, first-world problem!
If you will be there next friday am, let's have coffee... we might be on the same flight.
Old May 3, 13, 3:34 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Yipeee! Although presumably not in time for my next breakfast visit on Sunday

Pleased to hear it's coming back ^
I am told that the chef is already working on his hollandaise sauce - I suspect if you ask, he may be more than happy to use you as a guinea-pig
Old May 3, 13, 3:45 am

.. I suspect if you ask, he may be more than happy to use you as a guinea-pig
Always happy to be a guinea pig
Old May 3, 13, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Good start that, a new breakfast menu that is the same but without Eggs Benedict.
Old May 3, 13, 3:59 am

But the full English looks good, especially if they're using decent sausages now.
Old May 3, 13, 7:28 am

Here for Breakfast in two weeks time. Waffles and Eggs Benedict is what I had my eye on, both seem to be now gone.

Plenty of other options though so not a real gripe^

Search this Thread