Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2014 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. For the JFK CCR, see this post for a recent menu (hat tip: francismc)

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights

For the First lounge in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover.
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note from BA Executive Club.
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If I heard correctly, Mustard Chicken is going!
^ Goodbye grey gloop!
And at least for Flounge I think a pork belly dish is back, along with some Malaysian dishes.
Sounds positive. Unless the Malaysian dishes are just different coloured gloop

I wonder what changes will be on the menu.
There are new sandwich flavours and a range of other options. The new Galleries Club English Muffin filled with omelette, cheese and tomato is one of the GC changes, brought in early due to food stock levels, is proving extremely popular indeed, though I can see it's not everyone's favourite here on FT.
Doesn't sound nice to me, but you can't please everyone all of the time.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
cws, many thanks for the update. I've been flying around the US for the past few weeks so not visited the CCR for what seems like an age. Looking forward to trying the new offerings, do let us know what the quality is like.

Junior Tobias will be delighted the burger is safe, and the Mrs Tobias quite likes to start with the Caesar Salad.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Silver VA Red SAS Gold
I can confirm that, at least to my taste buds, the beef is nice, I ordered it well done and it was tasteful with nice mash and juice. The parsnip soup, quite thick and also the desserts were nice too.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I am looking forward to trying the new dishes in the near future a change is as good as a rest and all that.

Has anything been said about increasing the frequency of menu rotation? It has been almost 6 months since the last change and I hope it isn't another 6 months until the next change.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Thanks for the updates CWS. Hopefully things really are improving now.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abfab80
I can confirm that, at least to my taste buds, the beef is nice, I ordered it well done and it was tasteful with nice mash and juice. The parsnip soup, quite thick and also the desserts were nice too.
What is the mash like? Is it like a puree or does it have texture?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Has anything been said about increasing the frequency of menu rotation? It has been almost 6 months since the last change and I hope it isn't another 6 months until the next change.
Yes I did ask about that, and I specifically said that for regulars it was getting somewhat boring to look at the same options all the time. This is probably more of a factor for Flounge since in CCR well under 5% of users are CCR cardholders. I was told that yes they will be offering more menu choices in December, I got the impression that maybe one or two things will be swapped in and out rather than a full menu change. The big factor is the arrival of new cooking equipment and storage facilities. Even the new fridges open up a lot more options in terms of what they can do. The clear message being that BS was held back by the previous set-up, and that today/tomorrow more fairly represents what they want to do.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes I did ask about that, and I specifically said that for regulars it was getting somewhat boring to look at the same options all the time. This is probably more of a factor for Flounge since in CCR well under 5% of users are CCR cardholders. I was told that yes they will be offering more menu choices in December, I got the impression that maybe one or two things will be swapped in and out rather than a full menu change. The big factor is the arrival of new cooking equipment and storage facilities. Even the new fridges open up a lot more options in terms of what they can do. The clear message being that BS was held back by the previous set-up, and that today/tomorrow more fairly represents what they want to do.
Does T3 have the updated kitchens?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:09 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

The clear message being that BS was held back by the previous set-up, and that today/tomorrow more fairly represents what they want to do.
I appreciate your comments, cws, but I must confess I've become tired to hearing this over and over again. I really hope we won't need another round of excuses, false explanations and continue to put up with below par catering.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by layz
What is the mash like? Is it like a puree or does it have texture?
Not sure if you are referring to the kale and carrot puree of the beef dish or the mash in the duck dish. I can tell you about the former.

The kale and carrot puree is the best thing about the dish. I wouldn't call it a puree though, it is not uniform enough in texture, although I wouldn't call it lumpy either. More a mash. Really tasty, quite like mashed swede both in taste and texture.

WRT the beef itself, I asked for as rare as they could do, and ended up with something that I would say was medium to well done. While it was a little bit pinkish, it's rather bereft of meat juices. As a result the beef itself is tasty enough but the texture feels a bit powdery.

The sauce drizzle is quite reduced but there's almost none of it, so it adds little to the dish as a whole. The whole dish is rather too dry.

They ask for 15 minutes to make it. Being roasted, they pre-make a load and then do some final prep lake popping it in a frying pan and/or re-heat it during those extra few minutes. I'd hazard a guess that they just reheat it on a low heat judging by its apparent dryness.

I was hoping those 15 minutes would be a real game changer, but I'm sorry to say I am left on the disappointed side. In 15 minutes one can easily make a damn good steak from scratch.

My key test is if I were paying for it with cold hard cash in a restaurant on the high street, would I want to return? I'm afraid the answer is a definite "No".

Last edited by Howard Long; Oct 31, 2013 at 7:17 am
Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Here are some updated photos as I work my way through the menu. A few more visits are needed to finish this off!

Winter Parsnip Soup

(with many thanks to layz for supplying the photo).

Classic Caesar salad

(I'll get around to this soon)

Beetroot and marinated feta cheese salad

This is served with a generous about of feta, very tasty and quite filling for a salad. Perhaps for two people to share, with a main dish?

Concorde Roast (please allow 15 minutes from order)

Rare:

Well done:

Gressingham Duck

Seared sea bass fillet

Hot smoked Scottish salmon fish cake

The BA Burger

This shows the new arrangement: no wooden plate (which got in the way of the serving process), steak chips and mayonnaise to put on the chips! The bun is also new, they've tried various alternatives (including ciabatta rolls) but have settled on a milk bun, which is light and slightly swet, to offset the meat. The underlying burger meat itself has not changed, but the cooking of it has, which makes a difference to its flavour and texture.

Roasted butternut squash risotto

(it's a medium sized helping, quite filling)

White chocolate cheesecake

Sticky toffee pudding

British cheese board

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Nov 14, 2013 at 8:51 am Reason: More photos, meal a day time
Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:40 am
uk1
Suspended

corporate-wage-slave

Thanks for posting! The food looks really good.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Very much looking forward to trying it next week! Thanks for the pics.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Ah, the sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream. Sure it was lemon sorbet as it was lemony in taste and nothing like ice cream.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Do they serve a cream tea in the CCR?

Cream Tea, or High Tea, by any chance? Have a late afternoon layover coming up and I'm already dreaming of clotted cream... ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.