Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JeffBHD
Strangely that's exactly how I got my pro-rata refund
They refused to do it that way for me when I emailed. I then phoned to try and do it, and they said they did not have the facility to do it!

LIARS!!!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Oilrig fella
I have been waiting for Quidco to pay up the £60.00 since 8th May 2010, that is more than 9 months.

10 months to the day & still no Quidco payment. Time to stop wasting my energy on those e-mails methinks.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Just discovered that Mrs WW's quidco didn't track on her gold amex and now it's too late to put in a query.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by teflon
To answer my own question, I've had some more TfL spend go through (more auto top-ups, and a Travelcard purchase), and it's all come up with the Travel bonus points. Which is nice.

was the travelcard purchase at a TfL station?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Worth reminding people who applied when this first launched last April they should cancel now to avoid the £95 fee on their first anniversary!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:07 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles
Worth reminding people who applied when this first launched last April they should cancel now to avoid the £95 fee on their first anniversary!
..... and what a palaver it is.

The T's&C's state you can cancel by telephone or in writing. You send them a secure personal message cancelling and they say "no you have to telephone because the CS department doesn't have email for us to forward your message" and they can't forward it. You say "well that's up to you - I've told you .... if you want to ignore my written notice that's up to you ......"

And it goes on and on ......

Why can't they accept that a cancellation doesn't necessarily have to be an imposed Amex selling opportunity?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
I have the Gold and Platinum cards. I now want to cancel the Gold card but do I need to be concerned that my Membership Rewards account is sitting as part of my Gold card?

Online, by the Platinum card account it says "Please view your points balance under Card [Gold card number]" and the points from both charge cards do go to the same MR account.

Obviously I don't want to lose any MRs and the account is currently made up of points from both charge cards.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by where2travel
I have the Gold and Platinum cards. I now want to cancel the Gold card but do I need to be concerned that my Membership Rewards account is sitting as part of my Gold card?

Online, by the Platinum card account it says "Please view your points balance under Card [Gold card number]" and the points from both charge cards do go to the same MR account.
Phone them up and ask them to swap it to your platinum card as you want to cancel the gold one. I had to make changes to mine, they did it immediately and was visible on line straight away.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by chistery
Phone them up and ask them to swap it to your platinum card as you want to cancel the gold one. I had to make changes to mine, they did it immediately and was visible on line straight away.
That's helpful, thank you.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Is there a notice period? I plan on cancelling the day before my anniversary. If AMEX were willing to 'forget' about the annual fee or extend my supermarket/fuel MR bonus for another year then i would consider keeping this on as i do think that when it works it offers great value.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by uk1
..... and what a palaver it is.

The T's&C's state you can cancel by telephone or in writing. You send them a secure personal message cancelling and they say "no you have to telephone because the CS department doesn't have email for us to forward your message" and they can't forward it. You say "well that's up to you - I've told you .... if you want to ignore my written notice that's up to you ......"

And it goes on and on ......

Why can't they accept that a cancellation doesn't necessarily have to be an imposed Amex selling opportunity?

That's not my experience. I sent a secure message yesterday, and got a reply today asking if there was anything to do to change my mind. If there wasn't, I just needed to reply confirming that I wanted to go ahead.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Just got the Gold card a few weeks ago and have been filling up the car with it.

I was astonished to see that i am accruing 3 points per every pound spent. I was only expecting double points (1 base and 1 bonus) but it seems to be giving me 1 base point and 2 bonus points for every pound spent on fuel.

Is this normal?
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by d3vski
Just got the Gold card a few weeks ago and have been filling up the car with it.

I was astonished to see that i am accruing 3 points per every pound spent. I was only expecting double points (1 base and 1 bonus) but it seems to be giving me 1 base point and 2 bonus points for every pound spent on fuel.

Is this normal?
It is "normal" (but probably a longs tanding glitch) if you buy petrol at Tesco outlets, or if you buy travel or accommodation in currencies other than GBP.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Is there a notice period?
Look at the T&C's (which I've now chucked!). I think there was something in it about waiting until they are sure there are no more charges coming. Although, of course, your £90 will be refunded pro-rata if you are still charged.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by d3vski

Is this normal?
Once they'd sorted it out so that I got any bonus points at all, I always got 3 points per £ at Tesco petrol stations. If fact, by the end, it was the only thing I used it for.

And don't forget that using your Clubcard at petrol stations get you only 1 CC point per £2, but if you use your Tesco credit card as your Clubcard, you get 1 point per £. That means that altogether, you're getting 5 BA Miles per £ on Tesco petrol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.