Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by ManAtTheBack
My Oyster spend at an Underground managed station has always been single points.

However spend on oyster at a National Rail managed Underground station produces double points.
Ah, hang on, maybe I wasn't entirely clear.
Previously, I've topped up my Oyster card at an NR station, and received double points. Doing so at a Tube station (or letting auto top-up do that when going through a Tube gateline or on tapping in on a bus) only registered single points. Until this week, when an auto top-up at a Tube station (Bethnal Green) registered double points.

I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed double points on the Tube - perhaps a change in policy from Amex - or if it was just a one-off.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:24 pm

I applied for the card. Ive had an Amex card since 1986, got a BA premier Amex card, had a Centurion card for 4 years before downgrading to Platinum, never missed a payment and spent app £5k per month on the cards, so I was slightly suprised when I was told my application couldnt be approved and they would get back to me within 10 days - lol
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:02 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by AndyLondon
I applied for the card. Ive had an Amex card since 1986, got a BA premier Amex card, had a Centurion card for 4 years before downgrading to Platinum, never missed a payment and spent app £5k per month on the cards, so I was slightly suprised when I was told my application couldnt be approved and they would get back to me within 10 days - lol
They've probably finally worked out that they don't want to p*** off a valued customer!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: British Airways, Virgin Atlantic
I just got a mailing today from Membership Rewards offering 40% bonus miles if I transfer to BA. Has anyone else received this? Is this worth doing or should I hold out for a double-up promotion?
Mo
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by oizilein
I just got a mailing today from Membership Rewards offering 40% bonus miles if I transfer to BA. Has anyone else received this? Is this worth doing or should I hold out for a double-up promotion?
Mo
It's not just you - a few others have reported it in this thread. It seems to be targeted, with various bonus percentages - but so far, UK-based sterling cards don't seem to be in the deal.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: British Airways, Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by teflon
It's not just you - a few others have reported it in this thread. It seems to be targeted, with various bonus percentages - but so far, UK-based sterling cards don't seem to be in the deal.
Thanks Teflon, I am UK based and I have the Gold card. Maybe I was targeted by accident? I've only got about 32,000 points - not sure whether this offer is good enough to transfer theam all, or if I should hold out for something better! Don't think I will use the BA mile still end of the year.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by oizilein
Thanks Teflon, I am UK based and I have the Gold card. Maybe I was targeted by accident? I've only got about 32,000 points - not sure whether this offer is good enough to transfer theam all, or if I should hold out for something better! Don't think I will use the BA mile still end of the year.
I don't think it's targeted. It's in a glossy membership rewards booklet which seems to be available to all. Nothing mentioned on the Amex website.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I just got the brochure in the post as well. It IS UK.

40% bonus on transfers by 25 February, bonus will post separately by end of March.

However, the small print does say "offer only available to selected Cardmembers".

Bonanza time. I've got over 250k Amex sitting around!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
I just got the brochure in the post as well. It IS UK.

40% bonus on transfers by 25 February, bonus will post separately by end of March.

However, the small print does say "offer only available to selected Cardmembers".

Any idea who "selected cardmembers" may be? I could do with the bonus on my 120k points!!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:38 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue

Here's hoping there's one in the mail for me when I get home tomorrow. I've got 200k MRs myself that would love an extra 80k toward BA.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by adl73x
Here's hoping there's one in the mail for me when I get home tomorrow. I've got 200k MRs myself that would love an extra 80k toward BA.
We're beginning to see who did well out of the 22K for an referral Amex thread, aren't we
Old Feb 4, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Paralytic
We're beginning to see who did well out of the 22K for an referral Amex thread, aren't we
Well either most of mine didn't apply or get approved, but I've not got many at all. Amex want full addresses of the people who I referred so I've given up. I'm not going to ask people on here for their full address.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
I've just got this on my Rewards account today:

04/02/2011 Online redemption bonus points 500

(Amex Gold, taken out in April 2010)

Any ideas what this was for???? (other than the possible obvious BA Miles redemptions)

Oddly, also noticed that most of my Redemptions don't show online - only the last 3 are there???
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by kirky
I've just got this on my Rewards account today:

04/02/2011 Online redemption bonus points 500

(Amex Gold, taken out in April 2010)

Any ideas what this was for???? (other than the possible obvious BA Miles redemptions)

Oddly, also noticed that most of my Redemptions don't show online - only the last 3 are there???
There was a promo late last year whereby if you make a transfer to any airline partner you will get a 500 point bonus. I guess you made a transfer in the qualifying time period. I transferred 1000 points to CO specifically to get this and was wondering where it was as I am about to transfer out all my points and close my account but it came through today!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
There was a promo late last year whereby if you make a transfer to any airline partner you will get a 500 point bonus. I guess you made a transfer in the qualifying time period. I transferred 1000 points to CO specifically to get this and was wondering where it was as I am about to transfer out all my points and close my account but it came through today!
Sweet! I've just received my bonus too, I made a 100 mile transfer to PC, on the off chance this would work (since I wasn't targeted).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.