Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: BA silver
I applied for the Harrods amex 2weeks ago and got a letter yeasterday asking for a copy of my passport and a bank statement is this normal for amex?

Kind regards
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by evian1
I applied for the Harrods amex 2weeks ago and got a letter yeasterday asking for a copy of my passport and a bank statement is this normal for amex?

Kind regards
My wife was asked for proof of identity (one from list A, one for list B) - which could have included a Passport & bank statement. This was her first AMEX card.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:41 pm

Yeah thats the same as they asked me to send! thank you
Old Dec 12, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Yeah thats the same as they asked me to send! thank you
other half was also asked for this for the ba amex, took 2 weeks but the copies were received back yesterday
cs
Old Dec 12, 2010, 1:28 pm

Does this mean i have been approved for the card? and just waiting to confirm or is this standard practice?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:28 am

Got to love Amex.

There's a "First year welcome bonus" credit no my rewards statement. However, the number of points is 73% less than what should have been credited....

Oh well. Perhaps another round of gesture of goodwill miles will be offerred for this latest cock-up!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Got to love Amex.

There's a "First year welcome bonus" credit no my rewards statement. However, the number of points is 73% less than what should have been credited....

Oh well. Perhaps another round of gesture of goodwill miles will be offerred for this latest cock-up!
My credit was 78% of the due amount
Old Dec 27, 2010, 6:07 am

Programs: British Airways, Virgin Atlantic
Hi All,
Hope you had a great Christmas!! My husband has finally agreed to apply for the Gold card. I'm thinking of doing it through my own quidco account - to avoid losing the £5 fee. What do you think?
I have already gota gold card which i applied for through my own quidco and have received the £60 cashback.
Has anyone done two gold cards on their quidco account and recevied the money?
Mo.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 6:18 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by JeffBHD
My credit was 78% of the due amount
There comes a point when you have to give up on what has been an awful launch of what could/should have been an extraordinarily well targetted product.

Having struggled through tons of coms both mrs uk1 and I have received the initial bonus but few transactions have tracked to double points properly and neither of us can now see our own detailed reward points accounts. Because we share the same first initial their security has co*ked up and sometimes I see her secure messages sometimes she has mine. At one stage I had all our seperate amex accounts under one user name - so no security at all. Becuase I/we have many amex cards - we've spent hours on the phone to try and unravel the security and accounts issues but in the end they never seem to resolve even though each supervisor leaves us believing they have been sorted.

Amex have offered and we have accepted the crediting back of the 2 x £95 fees and we will now work with them - when I can face it - to simply get the basic online services back.

On balance the initial joining points on what has turned out to be two free accounts has been welcome - but I would have preferred to pay the fee and had a trouble-free card experience.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by oizilein
Hi All,
Hope you had a great Christmas!! My husband has finally agreed to apply for the Gold card. I'm thinking of doing it through my own quidco account - to avoid losing the £5 fee. What do you think?
I have already gota gold card which i applied for through my own quidco and have received the £60 cashback.
Has anyone done two gold cards on their quidco account and recevied the money?
Mo.
I doubt it'll be a problem, but you could sign up for Topcashback, with no yearly fee just in case, and it's usually slightly higher commisison than Quidco too. I use both, depending on the rate. I could send you a referral for TCB if you want one?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Remember Quidco pays £2.50 now for referrals, so if you refer your husband then you will get £2.50 so the net loss is only £2.50.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Gold, Starwood Gold
I have been waiting since 8th May for my £60-00 from Quidco, they "understand my frustration" but I need to be patient apparently. Seven months waiting is fairly patient I believe.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by rupert_s
My wife was asked for proof of identity (one from list A, one for list B) - which could have included a Passport & bank statement. This was her first AMEX card.
AMEX recently did that for me, even though I've held the card for over a year. UK Gummint thing - just had to accept the mild inconvenience, or lose the BA AMEX.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:57 am
pb3

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen

Kind regards
I believe some companies do this when they are unable to electronically verify your address details, for example if you've recently moved and your Electoral Register details have not been updated.

This happened to me several years back and I told the company to get lost unless they agreed to idemnify me for any misuse of this info either by themselves or agents acting on their behalf. I also asked for assurances that the data would not be stored or processed outside the United Kingdom

I did the above for a laugh as I'd already decided that I wasn't happy to supply passport and bank account details to a private company, given the huge potential for misuse particularly if such data is stored and/or processed outside the United Kingdom.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I am STILL not getting double points from Waitrose, by the way. I understood from comments on here that the glitch was fixed, but the 2 transactions I put through over Christmas all went through as single.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.