Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:02 am
uk1
Suspended

Outbox?

I can see the "inbox" and I know I'm thick but where in the Amex Secure Message Center can you find copies of notes you've sent them ie "outbox"?

Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I don't believe one exists. Inbox, compose and reply seem to be the only functions
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Too true. That way Amex can feel secure and yet deny you've sent messages when they fail to reply.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by stevie-d

It was my understanding that you cannot get the Platinum card bonus if you already have the Gold card. That could be the reason for it not triggering, despite achieving the required spend level.
I haven't seen that restriction discussed although I can't claim to have read every post on the threads in question. Maybe I should just wait and hope for the best.

If you're right on that point it would be a huge let down for me.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:53 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I haven't seen that restriction discussed although I can't claim to have read every post on the threads in question. Maybe I should just wait and hope for the best.
See the first post on this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ep-31-dec.html
Old Nov 18, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Blueboys999

If you're right on that point it would be a huge let down for me.
When you signed up, at the bottom of the screen was the following.... it could be a very long wait...

Important Information

When you refer The Platinum Card to a friend, you will receive 22,000 Membership Rewards points once the Card is approved. Your friend will receive 42,000 Membership Rewards points when they spend £1,500 within the first three months. If your friend has already applied for The Platinum Card without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for 42,000 Membership Rewards points. If your friend already has The Green Card, The American Express Card or The Gold Card, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Membership Rewards points as this offer is not valid for upgrading Cardmembers. Membership Rewards points may take up to four weeks to be awarded
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by usually sat at the back
When you signed up, at the bottom of the screen was the following.... it could be a very long wait...

Important Information

When you refer The Platinum Card to a friend, you will receive 22,000 Membership Rewards points once the Card is approved. Your friend will receive 42,000 Membership Rewards points when they spend £1,500 within the first three months. If your friend has already applied for The Platinum Card without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for 42,000 Membership Rewards points. If your friend already has The Green Card, The American Express Card or The Gold Card, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Membership Rewards points as this offer is not valid for upgrading Cardmembers. Membership Rewards points may take up to four weeks to be awarded
I believe Blueboys999 is referring to the offer a few months ago where taking out the card earned 40K points, not the recent 42K for being referred offer. There was no such restriction for the 40K offer.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I believe Blueboys999 is referring to the offer a few months ago where taking out the card earned 40K points, not the recent 42K for being referred offer. There was no such restriction for the 40K offer.
Thanks - that's exactly what I am referring to. AFAIK none of the other offers gave 40k points and I don't dislike anybody enough to refer them to American Express.

Good news that I'm after all due the points should Amex ever get around to it.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm about to apply for this card - can someone please PM me a referral code?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
I'm about to apply for this card - can someone please PM me a referral code?
If you apply via quidco.com (other cashback sites also) you get £60 cashback and 20k MR points.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
Has anyone seen the missing double points hit their MR account yet, for supermarket etc spend?

I never raised a query with Amex as others were told it was being fixed as a whole.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hilton
Has anyone seen the missing double points hit their MR account yet, for supermarket etc spend?

I never raised a query with Amex as others were told it was being fixed as a whole.
No I'm still waiting, but all latest spends are back to normal.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Nothing for me either - still a chunk of transactions due a doubling
Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:53 am

Ditto.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Bronze

I've had this response after my first e-mail:

"Dear andhow,

Thank you for your recent e-mail in regards to the missing Membership Reward points on your account.

I apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused. After looking at your account I can see that there is still missing points from certain transactions. I have now set up a case for our Back Office Team for them to get these points credited back to you. Please note that they will have to investigate this matter and they points should be credited in the next 7-10 working days.

Have you considered transferring your Membership Rewards points to one of the rewards schemes associated with our partner Airline or Hotel firms? Your points can be used for flights or hotel bookings and allow you to travel in style with companies such as Virgin, British Airways or Hilton. In addition to this, your first online transfer of points between the 6th of October and the 6th of December will be eligible for a bonus of 500 points. Simply visit www.membershiprewards.co.uk/transfermypoints and follow the instructions.

I hope that this resolves your query. Should you have any other queries for us about this or other matters please don’t hesitate to send us an e-mail or call our Customer Services department 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 01273 620555 and we will be happy to be of assistance.
Yours sincerely, XXXXX"

So just being fobbed-off, poor grammar and a bit of marketing?

andhow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.