Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by Raffles
I am STILL not getting double points from Waitrose, by the way. I understood from comments on here that the glitch was fixed, but the 2 transactions I put through over Christmas all went through as single.
Alas not all. I've still had no bonus points from Tesco, Waitrose, nor Sainsburys since September. Several Call Centre people have pledged to get it fixed over the months. None have.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Since the glitch in September/October I'm back to getting all the usual bonus points from Waitrose, Tesco, train tickets, hotels (IHG), and all foreign expenditure. I'm even back to getting double bonus points (triple points in total) on Tesco petrol purchases. Like others, I've still only received around a third of the missing points during the glitch though.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 4:44 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hilton
Still waiting for about 400 bonus points, but have recieved 2000 bonus points as compensation
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:29 am

Still waiting for points. Gave them a quick call the other day. It has to be done by computer and not manually so they are still getting the points backdated even now.

Also received 2 x 2000 points compensation so far (not requested)
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Offer extended to 28 February 2011.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Well, in addition to Waitrose continuing to post as single points, I have just had a four-figure Four Seasons Hotel transaction and a Shell petrol transaction also post without the bonus. I suppose I should be grateful that the accompanying Hertz transaction did count ....

Yet another email sent off to Amex ....
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by adl73x
Alas not all. I've still had no bonus points from Tesco, Waitrose, nor Sainsburys since September. Several Call Centre people have pledged to get it fixed over the months. None have.
I doubt this will present itself nicely but I've got double of late from Waitrose and seemingly tripple from a Tesco Express (also fuel), so it seems like it can be done, nowt from Sainsbos though!

Date Description Charge Base points Bonus Points Total Points
31/12/2010 SAINSBURY'S SUPERMARKET WORCESTER PARK £31.47 31 0 31

30/12/2010 TESCO EXPRESS, SUTTON £61.98 61 122 183

24/12/2010 WAITROSE WORCESTER PARK £141.00 141 141 282

19/12/2010 WAITROSE WORCESTER PARK £42.27 42 42 84
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Yet another email sent off to Amex ....
I wouldn't hold your breath. I flagged the lack of double points to Amex in November, and got a reply a week later advising they'd be back in touch. Since almost a month has elapsed since then, decided to fire off a chaser today....
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:38 am
uk1
Suspended

On my account they have decided and are unmovable that whilst Waitrose is a supermarket (bonus points) and M&S is a department store (no bonus points) Ocado is completely unknown and therefore carries no points.

On my wife's account however Ocado qualifies for bonus points.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
I wouldn't hold your breath. I flagged the lack of double points to Amex in November, and got a reply a week later advising they'd be back in touch. Since almost a month has elapsed since then, decided to fire off a chaser today....
This is over 2k points at stake, so I won't be letting this one go!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 1:14 am

A first year welcome bonus was credited on 31/12/2010 for me. That means the system has credited my missing points (if you exclude the fact that petrol is worth triple points but I will opt not to fight that battle).
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: BA, AMEX PP
At the beginning of October I started a series of e-mails via the secure message system enquiring about my missing points. The final response back from them, in December, was that "according to our system all the bonus points have been awarded". At this point I was going to escalate this to a written complaint, but in the meantime a small number of bonus points had been added to my account - these added up to bonus points on Tesco fuel purchases, although only at the 2x rate, not the 3x rate.

On the grounds that progress had been made I called Customer Services and spoke to a very helpful young lady. She was unaware of the double points promotion, but promised to investigate and call me back. Less than one hour later I received a call back saying that the back office team would look into my missing points and write to me to explain what the problem was.

I have now received a further manual points addition meaning that I now have 2x points for all my missing transactions, and I received a letter telling me that missing points have been added - but no further explanation!

Somewhat disappointed that no compensation points were added by way of apology, and that I have lost out on the 3x points for Tesco fuel - but it's got to the stage when I don't think I can be bothered to chase it further.

Regards.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: TfL Oyster Gold
I have had a reply to my monthly e-mail to Quidco. Unsurprisingly it was along the lines of:

"We know that it is frustrating for you to continue waiting... so continue waiting."
Old Jan 6, 2011, 3:49 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by Cluster One

Somewhat disappointed that no compensation points were added by way of apology, and that I have lost out on the 3x points for Tesco fuel - but it's got to the stage when I don't think I can be bothered to chase it further.

Regards.
If I had gotten as far as you have, I'd be happy with that. I'm pretty sure the 3 x points for fuel from a supermarket, and for travel expenses incurred overseas were anomalies anyway.

Just got off the phone from Amex Customer Service again. Another "7 days" to get the supermarket points accelerator added back onto the Gold card, and credit for the missing points in the meantime. Same story, with varying levels of passion, commitment, or disinterest that I've heard for the last 5 months. Still with no result at all.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 4:14 am
uk1
Suspended

I almost hate to suggest it .........

As Amex offered and I (and mrs uk1) agreed to accept a full refund of the 2 x £95 fees for the complete nonsense this has been ..... why don't others request a refund? This at least represents a very good outcome for the joining points, Quidco and points from purchases.

I suggest this not in the spirit of opportunism but feel that this would be the only incentive Amex will have not to put us through this again with future incompletely staffed offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.