Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
No. You lose your MR points when you cancel the card - although I think there is a 30 day grace period (definitely don't trust me on that). The way around it is to apply for a free Amex which has MR as a benefit, should such a card exist. Or spend them!
A lot of people will have the Gold card and then the Platinum card, so cancelling the Gold should be ok if you keep the Platinum.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:31 am
TBA

Originally Posted by Paralytic
A lot of people will have the Gold card and then the Platinum card, so cancelling the Gold should be ok if you keep the Platinum.
What about the other way around - if you cancel platinum and keep gold?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
I got a physical letter from Amex today, confirming what I knew - that they'd given me 4000 MR points for missing Supermarket and Petrol bonus spend (mentioned earlier upthread) and that supermarket transactions had this week started tracking again. Woot! 3 bonus MRs from lunch at Tesco.

Bonus in the letter was that I would continue to get 2 MRs on Supermarkets and Petrol until 31 October 2011 - 6 months months after it should actually cease.

Remains to be seen if they'll be as good as their written word, but it was a nice gesture.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:40 am
uk1
Suspended

They know how to rub it in! On my Gold Card page:

Important announcement

You can be confident you're in the best possible hands with American Express. We were voted No. 1 in 7 out of 11 categories in uSwitch's 2008 independent Credit Card Satisfaction Review, including 'Best Overall Customer Satisfaction'. Find out more.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by TBA
What about the other way around - if you cancel platinum and keep gold?
No probem, your MR points would remain intact
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:34 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
If you have two Amex MR cards, will Amex merge the MR accounts into one, so points from either card go into the same account?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You only have 1 MR account, which has its own number (separate from your card numbers). Points from all Amex cards flow into 1 account.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 5:32 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
You only have 1 MR account, which has its own number (separate from your card numbers). Points from all Amex cards flow into 1 account.
That's not how mine is. I have one per card. I guess a call to Amex is in order.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chistery
That's not how mine is. I have one per card. I guess a call to Amex is in order.
Yes, its an error. At one point I had 3 Amex cards (corporate and 2 personal) flowing into the same account, and still have the 2 personal cards on the same one.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

After another ranting email to Amex, saying how many ranting emails I have sent them in last few months whilst still failing to get my double points corrected, I have just had one promising me 5,000 points as an apology, to post within 7 days.

What is not clear is whether this includes the c 2,750 they owe me, or whether I am now expected to shut up about what I am due!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: BA gold
After another ranting email to Amex, saying how many ranting emails I have sent them in last few months whilst still failing to get my double points corrected, I have just had one promising me 5,000 points as an apology, to post within 7 days.
I'm not even getting any offer of compensation, not a hint, just a "we are keeping your case open". I don't want it kept open, I want it closed with the correct points credited!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:41 am

What is not clear is whether this includes the c 2,750 they owe me, or whether I am now expected to shut up about what I am due!
Well done, i would look at the 5k as compensation. This is an apology, and your 2750 points are still owed to you, which hopefully will follow soon. It will have taken a supervisor to review the situation and issue the 5000 points, so it may be a more pressing matter now to award your missing bonus points.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,

I would check that the compensation points arrive. I was offered 1000 points for the lack of double up points that had never posted to my account - these never arrived. When I complained Amex doubled it to 2000 - these did arrive in my account.

Last edited by flyoff; Jan 18, 2011 at 8:21 am Reason: sense
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC | VS FC | LH M&M
I just received £55.00 cashback from Quidco (£60.00 less the £5.00 annual fee). I applied for my Amex Gold card back in August 2010.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:17 am

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
At last!

One hotel transaction this week (Holiday Inn, Monday) automatically posted with its Bonus Points! ^

Alas, the second hotel transaction (another Holiday Inn, Wednesday) didn't....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.