Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by thestallion123
Any suggestions anyone?
I think booking the E & G seats is a good idea in the hope that the F seat remains available for your wife. I think CW would have to be absolutely full before anyone would choose it! I don't know if you would run afoul of any BA rules regarding seating children with an adult. You could always pay to reserve the F seat for your wife. Personally I would rather do that and know that the family's seating arrangements are sorted.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by HilFly
I think booking the E & G seats is a good idea in the hope that the F seat remains available for your wife. I think CW would have to be absolutely full before anyone would choose it! I don't know if you would run afoul of any BA rules regarding seating children with an adult. You could always pay to reserve the F seat for your wife. Personally I would rather do that and know that the family's seating arrangements are sorted.
I personally don't see value is spending $90/leg*4=$360 just for a seat selection. I'm sure another passenger will not want to sit with a toddler so should be able to do a seat swap incase my wife does not get the middle seat. I just realized that she is AA gold so she should be able to pick seats 7 days before departure.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by thestallion123
I just realized that she is AA gold so she should be able to pick seats 7 days before departure.
There you go, problems partly solved. ^

Do try to keep up
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:11 pm

What are the best seats on the 773? The seat map just looks crazy, seven rows of 8 looks fairly awful. Is there a divider in the middle or is it one huge cabin? Any pics?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by DG55
What are the best seats on the 773? The seat map just looks crazy, seven rows of 8 looks fairly awful. Is there a divider in the middle or is it one huge cabin? Any pics?
One hhhhhhuuuuuugggggggeeeeeee cabin... No divider part way down. No need for one.

Galley at the front and 4 toilets at the back.

It is not as bad as you are imagining... I will see if I can find a pic...

G-STBA Club World Cabin:
(I am stood in the back row of the cabin, hence why you can't see the last row...)

Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:25 pm

6'2" tall -- in which CW 747 seat can I lay flat?

I'm 6'2" (188cm) any suggestions as to a specific CW seat I should select on the 747 (52 seat CW) so that I can sleep fully flat?

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2012, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There might be something in this thread to help you: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ide-747-a.html
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:10 am

^^

Thanks Globaliser. That's the information I needed.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: QF
Travelled in 63J this week. As described, it has extra legroom, but is an aisle configuration (not as private for sleeping).
By comparison also tried 63A - where at 5'10" my feet were often touching the back of the seat in front.
Note: we seemed to have a noisy galley during the night which may have been a problem in Row 64.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:13 pm

ORD-LHR - 4 class 777

Single traveler wants aisle and wants to sleep. Choices are 10B, 11G, and 13J. Whats your pick? I'm thinking 13 is too far back in case there are infants in the bassinets seat. 10B has the lav traffic. Any downside to being on the aisle in the 4 seat row, assuming full occupancy?
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold elite, *A Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by deaddog
Single traveler wants aisle and wants to sleep. Choices are 10B, 11G, and 13J. Whats your pick? I'm thinking 13 is too far back in case there are infants in the bassinets seat. 10B has the lav traffic. Any downside to being on the aisle in the 4 seat row, assuming full occupancy?
I recently change my next booking from 15B to 11G as I wanted to be further away from WT+ and any kinds that may be about.

But I'm thinking about people passing by, though it is a night flight so I may just keep 11G.

I prefer one of the windows seats, but this is was a late booking.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PCR Platinum
Which seat in Club on board a 777 to Male

I managed to get 2 Business seats on BA2043 to Male in December as a surprise 15th year anniversary present for my better half (who's never flown club) As I'm silver i can preselect the seats now and i was wondering which seats anyone would recommend. I always seem to fly 747's so having never been up the from on a 777.

SeatGuru seems to be saying it's got a first class section which i don't believe it has so would appreciate your comments as to where best to sit/lay

Thanks in Advance
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by ZomersetFlyer
SeatGuru seems to be saying it's got a first class section which i don't believe it has so would appreciate your comments as to where best to sit/lay

Thanks in Advance
If it is (as Seatguru suggests) a 4 class, then I would go for row 10 (11 at a push) - further back and you are looking at nothing more than the wing.

If it is a 3 class, then get as far forward as you can. I would also advise the 'window pair' combo for a couple. There are plenty of views on this throughout FT. One point though, depending what time of day / night you are flying, be aware where the sun will be and choose your seat so that it isn't pouring in through your window.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Welcome to FT.

This route is usually operated by a 3 Class 777 with 5 rows of CW in the forward cabin and 2 more in the second cabin.

Conventional wisdom is that 5AB and 5JK are the best (as long as you don't mind the yin yang way of sitting with your partner. I've done 5AB and it's fine.

The other config of 3 Class 777 at LGW only has 4 rows of CW in the forward cabin - and the best seats are 4AB and 4JK.

It's possible a 4 class might operate the route in which case the F cabin will be empty unless CW is oversold - then you might get an F seat with J service.

This info will not come from SeatGuru (which was highly inaccurate the last time I looked - but from Manage your Booking).
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
This route is usually operated by a 3 Class 777 with 5 rows of CW in the forward cabin and 2 more in the second cabin.

Conventional wisdom is that 5AB and 5JK are the best (as long as you don't mind the yin yang way of sitting with your partner. I've done 5AB and it's fine.
I agree - have done that route a few times and you want a window seat for the final approach. Amazingly beautiful.

The other config of 3 Class 777 at LGW only has 4 rows of CW in the forward cabin - and the best seats are 4AB and 4JK.
While true, this AC config is the G-VII series, which do not have the crew rest areas needed for a flight of this length, so extremely unlikely. The problem you will have is that the BA.com seatmap will most likely offer you a 4-row config - I have no idea why. You then have to be sharp to snap up 5AB (which BTW have 1 window missing, but it is not a major drama) as it is 'released' nearer the time.

It's possible a 4 class might operate the route in which case the F cabin will be empty unless CW is oversold - then you might get an F seat with J service.
Yes, we live in hope that MLE will eventually get an F cabin. It is approaching the point where BA would make decisions based on the long-term economy of flying this route and so I hope it gets an upgrade. CW is often full on this route and so it must be doing OK.

Enjoy your trip, I am very jealous as it is one of my favourite places in the world

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.