Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
I picked 63K because my understanding was you could exit the seat without climbing over anyone. Is that the same story for 64A ?

Thanks
64A has an "official" exit without climbing over someone...

63K has an "unofficial" exit of squeezing between the wall of the aircraft and the seat into the cross aisle between row 62 and 63... Next to the crew seats.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I presume that is personal size dependant...
I suppose this must be why I've blanked it from my memory ...

(Although I have discovered that I can get out from 15A in mid-J WT+ by going around the back of the seat, so maybe I'm being too hard on myself.)
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I suppose this must be why I've blanked it from my memory ...

(Although I have discovered that I can get out from 15K in mid-J WT+ by going around the back of the seat, so maybe I'm being too hard on myself.)
Yep... if you can get out of 15K by going between the seat and the wall, you can get out of 63K too... Log on to ba.com and go book a flight to try it... Full J fare of-course...
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Log on to ba.com and go book a flight to try it...
Health and safety means I mustn't: my companion would die laughing watching me try.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Health and safety means I mustn't: my companion would die laughing watching me try.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
First CW flight on Sunday

My wife and I are really looking forward to my first CW flight on Sunday to Grenada but we can't decide which seats to choose. I'm 99% certain we'll be on a 3 class 40J 772.

At the moment 11AB, 3EF & 11EF are open, we get about a days head start with the OLCI as we start our trip in Oslo, so we're hoping they'll still be free tomorrow lunchtime.

I like having a window seat so 11AB would be my first choice but is the "rear" cabin as good as the "front cabin"? I guess the other choice is 3EF but my wife is concerned about feeliing trapped between passengers sitting on the two outside seats.

Any views or comments are most welcome...
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
The little grey bars are the bassinets right?

Edit: just noticed you are referring to 62 while OP is talking about 64

Have I picked well by the way?
I still have a choice of anywhere on UD
my MMB is showing the same as that photo - i.e. it does not say COT whereas row 20 does but when I booked my flights (over the phone) the lady I spoke to told me 64A is cot position so i'm left scratching my head a bit!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by londonclubguy
my MMB is showing the same as that photo - i.e. it does not say COT whereas row 20 does but when I booked my flights (over the phone) the lady I spoke to told me 64A is cot position so i'm left scratching my head a bit!
64A used to be cot position, reserved for those with infants until T-24. It is no longer reserved but I believe that it is still usable as such.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Hi,

I'm going to Sth America with my other half in a couple of months. These are on the 777-200s I believe. He's an increadibly fussy sleeper, and he wants the aisle seat so that limits my choices!

On the outbound I've got the choices of 2J/K, 10A/B or 10J/K left as ones where the aisle seat won't have any pax crossing over. Inbound there is only row 10 left. Doesn't row 10 have the mis-alligned window? Does that mean you have no view or one where you have to twist your neck? Having no status means I'm going to have to pay, but to ensure he has the opportunity to sleep I guess I'll have to.

Also, it's been a loooong time since I've done CW, how narrow would you say the seat is? I sleep on my side and don't recall having an issue with it apart from the hardness of the seat. Luckily we're not big people!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by HilFly
64A used to be cot position, reserved for those with infants until T-24. It is no longer reserved but I believe that it is still usable as such.
ok thanks - Mrs LCG will kill me if I get it wrong but I really don't want to be in row 20
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by londonclubguy
ok thanks - Mrs LCG will kill me if I get it wrong but I really don't want to be in row 20
I like 20 E & F, especially when travelling with a baby / toddler. The adults in E & F can both very easily access the bassinet, and you have loads more space in your "corral" for stuff and moving about during the flight.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by HilFly
I like 20 E & F, especially when travelling with a baby / toddler. The adults in E & F can both very easily access the bassinet, and you have loads more space in your "corral" for stuff and moving about during the flight.
only problems I have are a: the Mrs doesn't like flying backwards (so could book D&E) and b: just means lots more people ahead of us in customs whereas with UD we can be straight down the stairs and off promptly.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Personally, I would move the person in 63K to 64A.

64A does not climb out over anyone.
64A has an "official" exit without climbing over someone...
Thanks, I will take this advice!

Moved myself to 64A, happy days
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by thestallion123
We will be flying BOS-LHR-DXB and DEL-LHR-BOS later this year with our then 3yr old daughter. Me and my daughter are ticketed under one reservation using BA 2-4-1 voucher and I have AA Plat. status giving me the option to select seats for the 2 of us. My wife is ticketed on a separate reservation using AA miles and has no AA or BA status to select seats so she will have to wait until check-in (as discussed with BA rep. yesterday).
3 of the 4 segments as of right now show up as 747-400 70-Bus equipment and the DEL-LHR segment is 747-400 52-Bus. Reading through this forum and being a business traveller and a worried father (don't want to take any chances with my daughter and the steep set of UD stairs) I have decided to stay away from the Upper Deck.

Here are my questions:
- Should I pick the Mini CW Cabin over the main CW Cabin considering food service, noise, space etc.? I currently have 13G & F selected for me and my daughter in the Mini Cabin on 3 of the 4 flights that have a Mini CW cabin and I was hoping 13E would remain open for my Wife at the 24 hour mark. However, on second thoughts I was considering changing the selection to 13E and G to up my chances of keeping an open seat for my wife to select at check-in?
- Should I stick to the 2 Middle + 1 Aisle or change to 2 windows + Aisle on all 4 segments? Reading through this thread it appears as though the middle 2 seats would be best suited when travelling with a toddler. Any suggestions or recommendations here?
- I currently have 18G & F on the DEL-LHR segment without the mini CW cabin. Any suggestions on seats here for the 3 of us?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Any suggestions anyone?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by thestallion123
Any suggestions anyone?
Go mini-cabin if available.

Thank you for leaving the UD clear

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.