Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Question Seating Queries: Club World

For all your questions (and answers) regarding the best, worst, noisest, quietest seats in Club World on the 747, 767, A318 and 777 fleets.

A couple of useful resource threads related to this:

Extra legrooms seats on the 777
Extra legrooms seats on the 747
Extra legrooms seats on the 767

For any Club World London City questions, please head here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ats-cwlcy.html

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm Reason: Note: 777 40J seat plan is subject to verification
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Swanhunter, are you sure you want to do this?

What's the best seat on the UD?

What are the best seats for couples?

What are the best seats travelling with children? (Answer A & K seats - they have 'special' children's seating on the adjacent wings! )

Why do I have to pay to reserve a seat?

Can I pay & reserve a seat on the UD?

Waaaaghh - I want a seat on the UD!

I'm BA Irridium. Can I get an op-up and reserve a seat in CW for my parakeet whose ticket is WT but he's BA Purple? I can't? Waaaaghh - that's why I will never fly with BA again and I'm going to Sleazy Jet, right now!

Ad infinitum.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Do I want to do this? Rather hoping you lot will help with the answers. And at least it will all be in one place. @:-)
Old Feb 23, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Do I want to do this? Rather hoping you lot will help with the answers. And at least it will all be in one place. @:-)
I appreciate it, Swanhunter. As a relative newbie, I had a lot of questions about seating - this will make it much easier to dig out answers in future. Thank you for setting them up.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 4:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Seat maps are being prepared - stay tuned
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: sans status now :(
Originally Posted by HilFly
What's the best seat on the UD?

What are the best seats for couples?

What are the best seats travelling with children? (Answer A & K seats - they have 'special' children's seating on the adjacent wings! )

Why do I have to pay to reserve a seat?

Can I pay & reserve a seat on the UD?

Waaaaghh - I want a seat on the UD!

I'm BA Irridium. Can I get an op-up and reserve a seat in CW for my parakeet whose ticket is WT but he's BA Purple? I can't? Waaaaghh - that's why I will never fly with BA again and I'm going to Sleazy Jet, right now!

Ad infinitum.
I am enjoying the mental picture of the children strapped to the wings
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:36 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Great idea for a thread, both this & the "F seating" one ^

However the only danger being page count could grow to enormous proportions as it develops, making it rather unwieldy to navigate or to "pluck" the information from.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Another 'best seat' query!!

Sorry to ask but wanted opinions on whether me and partner should take
2AB/JK or 4AB/JK on an upcoming flight on a 3 class 777.
What do you consider to be the best option?

Thought I'd hijack this thread rather than starting a new one.

Many Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2010, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kered
Great idea for a thread, both this & the "F seating" one ^

However the only danger being page count could grow to enormous proportions as it develops, making it rather unwieldy to navigate or to "pluck" the information from.
Fair point. I think the seat maps will help - and if we do reach unwieldy proportions we can summarise some of the key facts on the intro page.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Hmmm, I can see 30+ pages of people asking the same questions.

Isn't questions like : "What are the best seats for couples?" all covered in the relevant section of the Ultimate Guide already?

Maybe some of the questions (and relevant answers) posted by Hilfly could be collated and put into the first post of this thread? With new questions and answers put into the post as they get asked in the thread.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
[QUOTE=David_Doyle;13453152]Hmmm, I can see 30+ pages of people asking the same questions.

Isn't questions like : "What are the best seats for couples?" all covered in the relevant section of the Ultimate Guide already?

QUOTE]

Nope I can't see anything under the 3 class 777 answering my specific question but thanks for your shirty response
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

duncas - your question is in the right place. This is intended to be an interactive thread in a way the Ultimate Guide can't be. As I noted above we will summarise key points as/when the thread becomes unwieldy.

And to answer your question I would go with row 4 as the window seat has easier aisle access.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
[QUOTE=duncas;13453176]
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
Hmmm, I can see 30+ pages of people asking the same questions.

QUOTE]

Nope I can't see anything under the 3 class 777 answering my specific question but thanks for your shirty response
I don't think the lack of an answer to one particular question is a shirty response

You're right that though the 747 First and CW sections mention best seats for couple's, the 777 section doesn't, however the advice about couples given for the 747 (middle pair of EF seats) applies to both 747 and 777.

The section in the Ultimate Guide is called "Fleet Overview and Seat Map Links (AKA “What’s the best seat…”)

My point is that rather than duplicating information about the best seats in CW in the Ultimate Guide, the Club world Guide (lots of questions about best seats in there, and ongoing) and in this thread, isn't there going to be a lot of duplication of information, and no definitive location for information? Similar threads get merged together so why not the information in these?

If there's not an answer to the specific 777 CW seating for couples question, then the Ultimate Guide should be updated.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

David_Doyle - as I posted above you the rationale for this thread is interaction. There is no definitive answer to 'best seats' and this thread will allow discussion and views to be shared. It will be linked into the Ultimate Guide so that people can read the information contained therein and then ask any follow up to their hearts' desire...and all in one place so the rest of the forum is not filled with seating questions. Trust that makes things clear!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Here's a Club World seating query to help this thread along - when is BA going to apply the same rules as they do for 1A/K in First to the 'best' seats on UD?

I'm getting fed-up with all these impertinent Silvers nicking 64K!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.