Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by airb330
Thanks clubman. In regards to what I meant with the numbering, I've seen some with DE, some people claim a C seat, etc. As far as I can tell the center seats are EF now. So I guess things have changed over the years. I'll go for 1A or somewhere in the F row. Can't imagine they're too bad, it's still lay flat versus LH J.
I flew to IST recently in a long haul 767. Sat in 1E. I agree that 1A looks like a great seat.

A long time since I have been in the CW cabin of a 767, and I was still pleased to be there, especially on a short haul flight.

I like the J cabin on the 767, which has a nice spacious but a slightly exclusive feel, which is lacking on the 8 abreast on a 777.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by T8191
The rest are standard herringbones where climb-over is involved, on way or the other.
Minor quibble, but I thought "herringbone" referred to an angled arrangement where each seat has aisle access, so no climb-overs. Example: CX's just-prior J seats, where each seat is angled with the head against a wall and the feet sticking into the aisle, but at an angle rather than fully forward or sideways. In contrast, I thought BA's arrangement of alternating forward-backward seats was "teardrop" (because the head area is wider than the foot).

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Those of us who like 62K (or 62JK for a couple) keep quiet about it for fear that our enthusiasm will cause others to choose these seats.
These are my favorites. I take the window for the extra privacy and stick my sweetie in the aisle. I don't think he minds because crew doesn't miss him when they're passing out more food, whereas they might not notice me.

Originally Posted by Purdey
It's probably just me but almost every time I sit in a centre aisle seat on the 777 I get a dreadful cold - I think the a/c blasts right at the D and G seats.
Could be because I'm normally flying from a hot climate though.
More likely it's because the people sitting next to you on one or both sides have a cold. Being cold or in a cold draft doesn't cause a cold, although being stressed by it does lower your immunity. Most likely way to catch a cold or flu on a plane is either sitting next to someone sick, or touching something a sick passenger touched (could be the passenger who flew in your seat inbound was horribly sick, so everything you touch on the seat can infect you. Not to mention bin latches and covers, door handles, sink faucets, etc. Maybe cabin crew picked up a sick passenger's plate and glass just before fetching you a drink. Lots of ways to get sick in the air!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, AC, DL Plat, Amtrk SE, AmEx Plat, Bonvoy Plat (via SPG), HH Gold, Accor Plat, WOH Dis
BA 747 - 61K (upper deck) or 20A/K (last low lower deck)

My coveted 64A/K and 62A/K seats are not available on my next BA747 flight (I've never not been able to secure these seats).

I'm currently reserved in 61K on the upper deck. But, 20A/K in the last Club World row on the lower deck are also available.

If one is concerned about aisle access (day flight), should they go with 20A/K instead? Or, do folks suggest sticking with 61K upstairs?

Thanks for the guidance.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I would stick with 61K personally as I find the Upper deck better than the main deck but YMMV.

Also I would keep checking the seat map often as the pax ion 64/62 may change to other flights and the seats may become free.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Lower deck. No.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think the lower deck gets a raw deal on here....we had a wonderful flight to YVR in row 18A/B.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver, Flying Blue Silver
I had 20A recently and found the privacy good despite it bring close to Y. There's also around 3 inches of extra legroom.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:11 pm

It'll take more than 3 inches to make up for being next to Y
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by jmpawson
Lower deck. No.
Indeed, I would never chose it but I have had it and had excellent service so if you end up there it's not the end of the world, even if it is the end of club world.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
The lower deck does get a raw deal but given the choice, the upper deck rules.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lancefan
The lower deck does get a raw deal but given the choice, the upper deck rules.
The lower deck does have some advantages. For one, it can be half empty while the upper deck is full....which gives a wonderful feeling of space.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by HIDDY
The lower deck does have some advantages. For one, it can be half empty while the upper deck is full....which gives a wonderful feeling of space.
Yes interesting oint. I have tended to target upper deck, but last week flew on rather a quiet flight and got 2 backward facing seats in the middle to myself, which was very nice indeed.

Generally though I target upper deck, as those middle rear facing seats are only nice if you are not sat next to a stranger!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
The lower deck does have some advantages.
G class get put on the lower deck. Being wedged between a load of mattress salesmen who want to share pictures of their ugly children is not fun all the way to CPT

Upstairs rocks.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
I have flown in 20K and it is very private. Fantastic view down the wing, too. And i'm struggling to see why being next to Y (actually it's W, not Y) is such a big issue. Are previous posters scared of catching something?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by FenLandK
Are previous posters scared of catching something?
... From all the germ filled babies at the front of WT? The curtain can never be thick enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.