Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
seat guru is your friend

Www.seat guru.com
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:53 pm
Suspended

get to OLCI 23h59m59sec before flight and try and nab a seat in the smaller, forward cabin if your plane has it. very quiet and secluded.
window seat means you face backwards and have to crawl over someone if they're sleeping. aisle seat means someone will be crawling over you. don't take a middle seat traveling alone as you will be very cozy with your seat mate.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SQ Silver
Welcome to FT Tardislass

When travelling on a 4 class 777 my preference would be for any of the following: 11-13D or 11-13G, which are all forward facing seats. The middle rear facing seats seem to be the least popular so there is always a chance that you may not have anyone seated next to you, if you get a D or G seat. I find row 10 too close to the toilets and in row 15 you could be sitting next to a passenger with a baby.

Enjoy your first CW flight^
Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
If you like a window seat 4A or 4K are great on some aircraft as you don't have to step over anybody. But those operate from LGW.
Not sure where you're flying to?

If LHR I think 5AK give the same, but they may have a window blocked.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by BDAgirl
Welcome to FT Tardislass

When travelling on a 4 class 777 my preference would be for any of the following: 11-13D or 11-13G, which are all forward facing seats. The middle rear facing seats seem to be the least popular so there is always a chance that you may not have anyone seated next to you, if you get a D or G seat. I find row 10 too close to the toilets and in row 15 you could be sitting next to a passenger with a baby.

Enjoy your first CW flight^
Thanks, BDAgirl-I'll take your advice and try for the aisle seat as it's an old 777 4 class. It looks like a full flight in CW so I doubt any seats will be empty. Actually, I've never known CW not to be full from IAD to LHR!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond
It's probably just me but almost every time I sit in a centre aisle seat on the 777 I get a dreadful cold - I think the a/c blasts right at the D and G seats.
Could be because I'm normally flying from a hot climate though.
Otherwise, I agree with BDAgirl.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Flying together in Business Class

My wife and I are about to take flight EWR-LHR on a BA 777. Right now we are in 11A and 11B, which look like they face each other. Given that we do enjoy each other company is this the ideal seating or should we move to a seat in the middle section to sit next to each other?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

11A ( window) will face backwards but once you lower the privacy screen it is easy to talk to 11B.

In the middle section , one of you will have some one on the other side.

I would probably stick with 11A/B

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA
Having done both; Mrs Malkie and I prefer an AB or JK combo.
EF does give you a private booth of sorts, but personally we go for the above.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by malkie
Having done both; Mrs Malkie and I prefer an AB or JK combo.
my OH and I also prefer the AB or JK seats - nice to talk face to face. Also means the divider can be put up for a while if you've had a "disagreement" over the wine selection
Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Thanks all, 11A/B is pretty epic.

:-)
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I've looked at a lot of the 767 threads and most seem to be a little outdated regarding the seat numbers. Seems that 1A is the choice seat, but I am not sold yet I guess.

I'm going to be spending a good ~20 hours on a 767 going to HYD in NCW. I'd really prefer:

1) Front facing. (I get nauseous on trains backwards)
2) Easy aisle access
3) No one climbing over me if at all possible

I don't really care how private it is versus some other seats, but those are my top 3 concerns. Short flight to LHR from the east coast, but that LHR-HYD flight is going to be long! Right now I am in 2F, my firm and BA apparently let us choose seats ahead of time. Thanks all, appreciate it.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Not sure what you mean by outdated regarding the seat numbers, but in any case 1A fits right in in terns of what you're looking for.

It's forward facing, no one has to step over you to get out nor do you have to step over anyone else so easy aisle access.

Of course you can choose one of the forward facing middle aisle seats if you're not botherd about having a window or having any privacy.

Last edited by clubman; Feb 5, 2012 at 10:08 am
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Thanks clubman. In regards to what I meant with the numbering, I've seen some with DE, some people claim a C seat, etc. As far as I can tell the center seats are EF now. So I guess things have changed over the years. I'll go for 1A or somewhere in the F row. Can't imagine they're too bad, it's still lay flat versus LH J.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by airb330
Can't imagine they're too bad, it's still lay flat versus LH J.
Seats are fine, they might not be NGCW but still very comfy, and they are indeed far superior to LH's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.