Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:36 am

Best CW seats on a 777 4-class?

Please forgive a newbie for probably repeating a common question. I did do extensive searching but couldn't find the answer to this:
My wife and I are flying to DC on a 777-200 4-class and I like the look of seats 10E/F so we can sit together and not have anyone behind us, but seat maps seem to indicate that they back on to the toilets so noise would be a concern.
Can someone tell me if a) there really is a bulkhead behind these seats, and b) are the toilets against this bulkhead or is there a gap so that toilet noise would not disturb us?
Or are there better paired seats?
Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Please look at this thread
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
The entrance to to toilets is around the side into the galley area so you aren't going to get door noise or anything. I've never sat in those seats myslef but have sat in 10 A and 10 K ad have never been bothered either by toilet traffic or toilet noise - even the flush.....
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yes, there is indeed a toilet behind that bulkhead but I wouldn't worry about it being too noisy...
Be aware those seats are both backwards facing..

For reference there is a main CW seating thread, but you'll have to forgive me for not posting a link as I'm on my mobile...
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by edi-traveller
The entrance to to toilets is around the side into the galley area so you aren't going to get door noise or anything. I've never sat in those seats myslef but have sat in 10 A and 10 K ad have never been bothered either by toilet traffic or toilet noise - even the flush.....
It was the flush I was concerned about. Can anyone confirm that you can't hear the flush from 10E/F?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Snakehips99
It was the flush I was concerned about. Can anyone confirm that you can't hear the flush from 10E/F?
No you will def not hear the flush. 10/EF are nice seats for a couple but I personally prefer row 11 A/B/J/K
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:08 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I'm booked on DFW-LHR in CW, 62K/A are my favourites due to the extra legroom but I'd be tempted to try out 64K, just don't remember how the legroom is there, anything extra or just standard bulkhead...I'm 2 meters tall so standard CW seat is right on the limit..both 62K/A are fabulous, of course.

I know there's a thread about exactly this but couldn't find it so any advice greatly appreciated. Currently on 62K so not that big issue,

Thanks
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
You thinking of this one? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ide-747-a.html
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:13 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Yes! Thanks

edit: 3 inch extra on the 64K according to Swanhunter, that should do it nicely so I will give it shot!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: BA GGL & Gfl, LH Senator, Marriott Plat Prem, AA GLD
14 Month Old - Club World

In the process of booking a trip for my wife and 14 month son to accompany me to US in March. After looking at the BA website it got me slightly confused about what is best to book.

Can some one help me with whether it is best to get a seat for my son or not. It appears I can book the seat, but also appears that my Son can't use the seat as there are no approved security devices for seats other than Econ.

Given this is it best just to use the basnet position and only book one proper seat.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Geirean
In the process of booking a trip for my wife and 14 month son to accompany me to US in March. After looking at the BA website it got me slightly confused about what is best to book.

Can some one help me with whether it is best to get a seat for my son or not. It appears I can book the seat, but also appears that my Son can't use the seat as there are no approved security devices for seats other than Econ.

Given this is it best just to use the basnet position and only book one proper seat.
I've seen this on http://www.britishairways.com/travel/child/public/en_gb
Originally Posted by ba.com
Car type safety seats
You may prefer to use your own car type seat for use by infants with a minimum age of six months to a maximum age of three years.

The seat must meet the following standards:

The seat must be designed to be secured by means of a normal aircraft single lap strap and face the same direction as the passenger seat on which it is positioned.
A purpose-designed children's car seat must have a 5-point restraining harness.
The car seat must not exceed the dimensions of the aircraft seat.
The maximum dimensions of the seat must fit into an area of 45cm x 45cm (17.5ins x 17.5ins).
The AmSafe system is only suitable for use in WT but you can use a car seat anywhere else. I'm sure someone who has actually travelled with a child will provide better information as I will only have the pleasure of doing this for the first time in a couple of months
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Having just taken advantage of the sale and booked a few flights for this year, we have found to our horror that our fav seats on one of the flights are not available - 64 A/B or J/K. Also row 62 gone......

Its a mid j config to LAS, and we just cannot decide which seats. When LAS was a 777, we did like the last row, so any thoughts on choosing 20 A/B downstairs over the seats left on the UD - these are 60 J/K, row 61 and 63A/B ?

We do like the bins on the UD but also love the privacy and not facing/climbing over anyone such as afforded by 64A or K - is 20 A similar to 64A without the extra bassinet room and bins?

I remember somewhere on another thread or maybe this one that row 20 does sometimes encounter WT+ interlopers but surely not too much of a problem ?

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Jan 15, 2012 at 9:54 am Reason: forgot that 63a/b were available
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
Having just taken advantage of the sale and booked a few flights for this year, we have found to our horror that our fav seats on one of the flights are not available - 64 A/B or J/K. Also row 62 gone......

Its a mid j config to LAS, and we just cannot decide which seats. When LAS was a 777, we did like the last row, so any thoughts on choosing 20 A/B downstairs over the seats left on the UD - these are 60 J/K, row 61 and 63A/B ?

We do like the bins on the UD but also love the privacy and not facing/climbing over anyone such as afforded by 64A or K - is 20 A similar to 64A without the extra bassinet room and bins?

I remember somewhere on another thread or maybe this one that row 20 does sometimes encounter WT+ interlopers but surely not too much of a problem ?
I would choose the UD in a heartbeat. Row 20 is right next to WT, so it will be much noisier than the UD, even if you can't get row 62 or 64 I would definitely go for the UD, probably row 60 as you get served first
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by mikey2124
I would choose the UD in a heartbeat. Row 20 is right next to WT, so it will be much noisier than the UD, even if you can't get row 62 or 64 I would definitely go for the UD, probably row 60 as you get served first
Actually, row 20 on a Hi-J is adjacent to WT+, not WT. Having sat in 20K, you don't get many (if any) WT+ pax coming through, and I couldn't detect any additional noise from there, although I'm not sure how many of the famed "screaming babies" were beyond the bulkhead and the curtain.

You do get a bit of extra engine noise in row 20, so it would be noisier than the UD because of that. Fantastic view down the wing from 20A/K though. Oh, and you do get a smidge more legroom, as well as not having to step across someone to get out.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:09 am

Bit of an odd question perhaps - but on the new 777-300ER's do the CC start meal service from row 10 or row 16??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.