Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
There are C seats - they're just all down the back where you don't go

BAH
Down the back? Where is that? Is that the twilight world beyond the curtain downstairs?

That said I thought the OP was referring to CW. But I forget to put that bit - oops
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Down the back? Where is that? Is that the twilight world beyond the curtain downstairs?
You know when you take the gardening boy and the young man who cleans the jacuzzi away with you for the fortnight ? And you don't see them again until you get to your destination ? Well, that's where they sit.

BAH
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
CIHY is of course correct.

For 10A to get to the aisle, they have to climb across the feet of 11B. The only time this doesn't apply is in the last row of the cabin (i.e. 15).

This does however offer up another possible combination of seats, namely two at the side and the window seat in the row infront.
A thousand apologies of course! cancel my suggestion af only climbing over a family member (forgot that to get out of A/K you go around the back of B/J, not across) Ooops!

Mind you, for '3 of the centre 4 seats' option, 2 out of 3 family members will need to crawl over a stranger...

2 x window pair and 1 x aisle combo is still is my recommendation.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: NZ *Gold
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no C seats on 777's.
It's AB DEFG JK.
You are of course right - my misremembering

So ABD or GJK would work for a party of three - although in my experience A and K tend to get snaffled quickly by single travellers who are either paying for the privilege or have status
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by onaswan

Mind you, for '3 of the centre 4 seats' option, 2 out of 3 family members will need to crawl over a stranger...
No, if you can snag the middle pair at the back of the cabin (row 15 on a 772 or 16 on a 773) then climbing over is not an issue for any of the party

The middle pair is the bassinet position so you'll be trumped by pax with an infant - but if it's still there at OLCI grab it.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by RedVee
You are of course right - my misremembering

So ABD or GJK would work for a party of three - although in my experience A and K tend to get snaffled quickly by single travellers who are either paying for the privilege or have status
I am off to EWR in 2 weeks time (flying back from JFK though) and we have got 10K and 11JK reserved. We quite like this combination, but I am thinking about trying a CW aisle- and in this case we would have 10GJK. Not sure what to do, is 10G a good seat? Don't really have much experience on the 4-class 777!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Like others I would not pay.

However, I would suggest checking the seat map free of charge each week or so leading up to departure. If you see that there is only one set of three adjacent seats available then and only then it might be worth paying.

Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikey2124
I am thinking about trying a CW aisle
I would not bother to be honest. I have done windows, aisles and centres on the 777.

My order of preference is:

Window > centre with no partner > aisle > centre with an unknown partner

Aisle > centre with an unknown partner is an assumption because I have never done the latter!

If you like the windows and the privacy they offer and you can jump over feet then the aisle seats do not really offer any advantage as far as I can see.

All that said though, you never know until you try so maybe you should try the aisle! I reckon that you will be back in the window next time though!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by mikey2124
I am off to EWR in 2 weeks time (flying back from JFK though) and we have got 10K and 11JK reserved. We quite like this combination, but I am thinking about trying a CW aisle- and in this case we would have 10GJK. Not sure what to do, is 10G a good seat? Don't really have much experience on the 4-class 777!
As 6F said, just keep checking. On our MBJ return last week I think we had 3 [possibly 4] seat selections as things evolved, before finally going for 15 E/F at OLCI. If that was bundled with 15D and G, that's a good 4-person set-up ... or even 3, since it seems your sister is being abandoned!

And who cares about windows? All you see is clouds, and once you've seen them there's not much more to say!

All these solo business travellers don't know the grief of doing family bookings
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
As 6F said, just keep checking. On our MBJ return last week I think we had 3 [possibly 4] seat selections as things evolved, before finally going for 15 E/F at OLCI. If that was bundled with 15D and G, that's a good 4-person set-up ... or even 3, since it seems your sister is being abandoned!

And who cares about windows? All you see is clouds, and once you've seen them there's not much more to say!

All these solo business travellers don't know the grief of doing family bookings
There are actually 5 of us in the fam but only 3 travelling, my older brother and sister are being abandoned!

The parents hate the E/F seats, and we want to be as close to the front of the immigration queue as possible!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
64A or 63B

Hi all

I'm an ex-frequent flier returning to travelling again following a change of jobs. I'm flying LHR-LAX (day flight) in a week and am fortunate enough to have 64A reserved.

Reading the forums it seems there is a lot of favour for 63B which is also currently available.

I used to always travel in 14k because I liked the privacy and not having to step over anyone.

OK, so there is no bad choice here and having recently returned from IAH in 60J I am an UD convert.

Suggestions as to the choice of seats from more experienced UD travellers greatly received.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Good morning, WhippetInn, and welcome to FT ^

I can only comment on the 744 UD ... anything else is notably 'lesser' IME. Please note I always travel as a couple: i.e. with my wife

Those who like to tuck themselves away in a private corner, avoiding possible cross-contamination for the general public, tend to choose 64A or K. A slightly more 'open' situation would be 62A or K. None of these involve 'climb over' by yourself or others. Your impending 64A is probably as good as it gets, as I guess you already know.

Then there are 63B or J. If you can live without a window, and do not object to being adjacent to the wide aisle, these seats offer a sensation of 'open space' as they face the large gap associated with the emergency exits. [Although 63J does have the crew jump-seats in front of it]. I'm a 63B fan, but that might not be to everyone's taste.

The rest are standard herringbones where climb-over is involved, on way or the other.

The additional benefit of the 64/62 window seats is, of course, the outboard locker storage, the top of which also provides a large and useful shelf area.

Have a great flight, and enjoy the Forum
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:28 am

CW newbie...how often are there empty CW seats?

Flying solo in CW on 744. I was wondering how often are there empty seats in CW?

I was considering trying to snag one of the middle seats with the thought that I could end up with the accompanying middle seat empty. Does this sound realistic? If so, which row in CW would be the most likely to remain with empty seats?

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by deebaxster
Flying solo in CW on 744. I was wondering how often are there empty seats in CW?

I was considering trying to snag one of the middle seats with the thought that I could end up with the accompanying middle seat empty. Does this sound realistic? If so, which row in CW would be the most likely to remain with empty seats?

Thanks
The middle seats on the lower deck are usually the last ones to be filled. They are also the ones that are least pleasant to share with a stranger. The chance that you take is that you could end up sitting in close proximity to a total stranger with very little privacy.

Seeing a fairly empty cabin is no guarantee that the seats will remain empty. I have checked in for a flight that had 29 empty seats (according to the check in agent) which ended up jam packed, thanks to op-ups and airport upgrades. The WT cabin had been heavily oversold with very cheap tickets.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:52 pm

What is row 62 like on the upper deck? I notice that the window seat can escape without climbing over people, but don't often see it mentioned. Is there a reason why it isn't so good?

Last edited by DG55; Jan 30, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.