Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
No, if you can snag the middle pair at the back of the cabin (row 15 on a 772 or 16 on a 773) then climbing over is not an issue for any of the party

The middle pair is the bassinet position so you'll be trumped by pax with an infant - but if it's still there at OLCI grab it.
Not quite true - my wife and I did YYZ-LHR in CW late last year and had row 15 so we could try and get some sleep, but the cabin crew kept climbing over us instead of walking round! Bit rude...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by DG55
What is row 62 like on the upper deck? I notice that the window seat can escape without climbing over people, but don't often see it mentioned. Is there a reason why it isn't so good?
The whimperers say it's cold. Also, tragically, other people can actually see you when you pick your nose if they look very carefully. From 63B, wearing spectacles and leaning to my right slightly, I can sometimes actually see the face of the occupant of 62A ... unless that person is reclined, in which case my "ankle fetish" kicks in.

I do think there's a wee bit of micro-management creeping in here, but that's just IMO
Old Jan 31, 2012, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by DG55
What is row 62 like on the upper deck? I notice that the window seat can escape without climbing over people, but don't often see it mentioned. Is there a reason why it isn't so good?
Those of us who like 62K (or 62JK for a couple) keep quiet about it for fear that our enthusiasm will cause others to choose these seats.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:05 am

Am I right in saying at T-72 I can phone BA and request a bassinet seat?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ardboe
Am I right in saying at T-72 I can phone BA and request a bassinet seat?
Only if you're under 2yo, I think

Otherwise, yes ... the bassinets are put on general release at T-72. You could 'phone, or even use MMB.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by T8191
Only if you're under 2yo, I think

Otherwise, yes ... the bassinets are put on general release at T-72. You could 'phone, or even use MMB.
MMB at T-72 doesn't work. Bassinets show as available but disappear if you try to select them.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:52 am

Thanks fellas, I thought that was the case but it's been one of those days at work when I start to doubt most things.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:04 am

Easy Aisle Access

I'm travelling solo JFK-LHR on a 744, AA Plat.

How difficult is it to get to the aisle if in a window seat on UD vs A/K LD vs E/F L/D? Not a fan of scrambling over people (and not a fan of people scrambling over me)

Any downside to having a D/G aisle (four seat) vs a B/J aisle two seat?

thanks
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deaddog
I'm travelling solo JFK-LHR on a 744, AA Plat.
How difficult is it to get to the aisle if in a window seat on UD vs A/K LD vs E/F L/D? Not a fan of scrambling over people (and not a fan of people scrambling over me)
63A or 63K on the UD will let you escape between the seat and the cabin wall.
Unless you are a big fan of Maccy D, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's ... etc etc

62A/K, and 64A/K, give you unrestricted aisle access.

Everything else involving a window is fairly difficult.
Windows ... schmindows. All you see is clouds. Or nothing.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
How difficult is it to get to the aisle if in a window seat on UD vs A/K LD vs E/F L/D?
Not difficult, even if you have to step out over someone. Even when the aisle seat is fully flat, it's only a few inches off the floor so it's more like a giant stride than a climb. (No difficulty at all, of course, if you don't.)

However, if you're in an E seat there is less much privacy division between you and the F seat, because when both seats are fully flat it's almost like a double bed.
Any downside to having a D/G aisle (four seat) vs a B/J aisle two seat?
Not in hard terms, IMHO. The real difference is between the BDGJ seats where nobody steps out over you and those where someone does; just as the real difference is between AEFK seats where you step out over someone to get out and those where you don't.

However, there may be a bit more chance of the relevant EF seats being unoccupied if you're in D or G.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Not difficult, even if you have to step out over someone. Even when the aisle seat is fully flat, it's only a few inches off the floor so it's more like a giant stride than a climb. (No difficulty at all, of course, if you don't.)

However, if you're in an E seat there is less much privacy division between you and the F seat, because when both seats are fully flat it's almost like a double bed.Not in hard terms, IMHO. The real difference is between the BDGJ seats where nobody steps out over you and those where someone does; just as the real difference is between AEFK seats where you step out over someone to get out and those where you don't.

However, there may be a bit more chance of the relevant EF seats being unoccupied if you're in D or G.
Actually, it's very difficult to impossible if you've got short legs. The seats that others on this forum refer to as extra leg room seats are the best non aisle seats for short people. I think tall people should be banned from them - let them step over the legs in the other window seats!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser

However, if you're in an E seat there is less much privacy division between you and the F seat, because when both seats are fully flat it's almost like a double bed.Not in hard terms, IMHO. The real difference is between the BDGJ seats where nobody steps out over you and those where someone does; just as the real difference is between AEFK seats where you step out over someone to get out and those where you don't.

Do you get extra legroom in 10D/G on the 4-class 777? I know you do in the B/J seats but I have a flight coming up in less than 2 weeks and might choose this seat (we are currently in 10K and 11JK, might move to 10GJK), is it worth moving from 10K? I always have a window and as T8191 says, I have seen plenty of clouds! It will also be a 5PM evening flight!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikey2124
Do you get extra legroom in 10D/G on the 4-class 777? I know you do in the B/J seats but I have a flight coming up in less than 2 weeks and might choose this seat (we are currently in 10K and 11JK, might move to 10GJK), is it worth moving from 10K? I always have a window and as T8191 says, I have seen plenty of clouds! It will also be a 5PM evening flight!
Anywhere you can sleep undisturbed ... we know teenagers need a lot of sleep, except when partying
Old Jan 31, 2012, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
Anywhere you can sleep undisturbed ... we know teenagers need a lot of sleep, except when partying
I'm so worn out today. Tons of work, gym this afternoon, got home and had to have a nap for 45 mins, I didn't want to wake up!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
What seat for a solo traveler in a 777 CW?

As a lowly Blue and someone who is cheap, I don't want to pay extra to buy my seat ahead of time. What are the good seats to pick on a 777? And if all the window seats are taken which of the middle seats would you recommend?

This is my first time in CW(camera at the ready!) so I'd be interested in your opinions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.