Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:35 am
DS7

Programs: BA (shiny); VS (amoeba); Others (plankton)
Aircraft should be either YMMB of YMMF, both 3 class 777's
My advice...just make sure u get a window...that isnt misaligned....
Enjoy
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Do any of the three class aircraft actually have 5 rows in the front cabin? I thought they were all 4 rows, but that some (all now?) started at row 2 for the A/B and J/K seats hence the rearmost row is 5?

Anyway, just come back from MLE and had 5A/B both ways - mistake as there is a window missing so perhaps rows 2-4 are better. Also, depending on how the crew take meal service orders, you can end up not getting your first choice if you are sat in row 5 (or 10/11) even though there are only 3 rows in front of you.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Have flown this route a few times in CW. It has always been G-YMMB or G-YMMF, both of which have 5 rows in the front cabin. There was one exception when a three class was brought in with only 4 rows in the front cabin. This was actually nicer than the one with 5 rows.

Re: F - it has long been rumoured/hoped that it would be introduced but I cannot see it for the time being - the 4 class aircraft at LGW are long in need to be refitted and they don't have a crew rest. It would involved getting a 4 class from LHR with crew rest which I don't think will happen anytime soon. The route does very very rarely operate with a 4 class but I can't imagine this goes down well with the crew.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Welcome to FT!

Here is the Club World seating thread that has all of the information you require; http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-world.html

For more useful info, check here; http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ad-sticky.html
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I would take a centre pair in the rear cabin.

A centre pair because it will be nice and private for both of you.

And in the rear cabin because that cabin should be quieter and feel more 'exclusive'. For this reason I always try and score the rear cabin on QR's 777s, which are configured with 4 rows in the first cabin and 3 rows aft of the galley.

If you want a window seat I would go for rows 2 or 3 since these should be guaranteed a full set of windows and have good views of the turning engine.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:23 pm

Tobago

We are booked to fly to Tobago from Gatwick 14th March Club Class. I think it is a 777. Could anybody please advise what you think are the best seats?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by slaugy
We are booked to fly to Tobago from Gatwick 14th March Club Class. I think it is a 777. Could anybody please advise what you think are the best seats?
Did post 1638 [two above yours] not help?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
In fairness I do believe the post was made as a new thread and then merged here.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:51 am
09R

swap or no swap??

Just reserved my first pair of seats in the upper deck. However, there were no 2 seats together so got 60a and 60j (I.e. a window and an isle).

Can anyone see any reason why the person in 60b would not want to swap with my partner in 60j. Or why the person in 60k wouldn't want to swap with me in 60a??

Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Keep an eye open for what happens to 60B. On many flights, it's blocked for possible crew use but then later released. So you may get the 60AB pair after all, at a later stage.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by jonnykanzen
Just reserved my first pair of seats in the upper deck. However, there were no 2 seats together so got 60a and 60j (I.e. a window and an isle).

Can anyone see any reason why the person in 60b would not want to swap with my partner in 60j. Or why the person in 60k wouldn't want to swap with me in 60a??

Thanks
At night 60b gets the light when the toilet door is opened.

People tend to book the side of the cabin that they prefer. If sitting together is important to you, I wouldn't rely on on board swaps.

Last edited by HilFly; Mar 9, 2012 at 10:25 am
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:22 am
09R

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Keep an eye open for what happens to 60B. On many flights, it's blocked for possible crew use but then later released. So you may get the 60AB pair after all, at a later stage.
Thanks for this.

I've set up an alert on expert flyer to let me know if any seats become available! According to them, 60B is occupied not blocked.

Its a night flight from JFK so not too bothered about sitting together but I know my other half would prefer it!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by jonnykanzen
Thanks for this.

I've set up an alert on expert flyer to let me know if any seats become available! According to them, 60B is occupied not blocked.

Its a night flight from JFK so not too bothered about sitting together but I know my other half would prefer it!
If your other half prefers it, I think that automatically does make you bothered about sitting together!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HilFly
If your other half prefers it, I think that automatically does make you bothered about sitting together!

With an infant, they obviously haven't been married as long as we have!! We've learned to accept that gazing into each others eyes, and holding hands, isn't an H-24 activity. We have opposite aisle seats on the next l/h ... is this the beginning of the end? What next? Single beds? Separate rooms?
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by T8191
Did post 1638 [two above yours] not help?
Well it helped me, and I'm not even going ! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.