Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-world.html
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Open?

I thought 64A was one of the most private seats on the UD?
64A is pretty open. It probably suffers more from light pollution from the galley than any other seat on the UD.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by clubman
Boraxo, as a SCH you can choose your seat (except for exit seats) from the time of booking, unless you mean Bronze?
Sorry my mistake, I am Bronze. So I have a 7-day window. On United every TATL seat would be assigned by that date, but not sure if that is the case with BA.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Sorry my mistake, I am Bronze.
Don't forget to update your profile then
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
Family of 3 (including 3 year old toddler)

We will be flying BOS-LHR-DXB and DEL-LHR-BOS later this year with our then 3yr old daughter. Me and my daughter are ticketed under one reservation using BA 2-4-1 voucher and I have AA Plat. status giving me the option to select seats for the 2 of us. My wife is ticketed on a separate reservation using AA miles and has no AA or BA status to select seats so she will have to wait until check-in (as discussed with BA rep. yesterday).
3 of the 4 segments as of right now show up as 747-400 70-Bus equipment and the DEL-LHR segment is 747-400 52-Bus. Reading through this forum and being a business traveller and a worried father (don't want to take any chances with my daughter and the steep set of UD stairs) I have decided to stay away from the Upper Deck.

Here are my questions:
- Should I pick the Mini CW Cabin over the main CW Cabin considering food service, noise, space etc.? I currently have 13G & F selected for me and my daughter in the Mini Cabin on 3 of the 4 flights that have a Mini CW cabin and I was hoping 13E would remain open for my Wife at the 24 hour mark. However, on second thoughts I was considering changing the selection to 13E and G to up my chances of keeping an open seat for my wife to select at check-in?
- Should I stick to the 2 Middle + 1 Aisle or change to 2 windows + Aisle on all 4 segments? Reading through this thread it appears as though the middle 2 seats would be best suited when travelling with a toddler. Any suggestions or recommendations here?
- I currently have 18G & F on the DEL-LHR segment without the mini CW cabin. Any suggestions on seats here for the 3 of us?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: sans status now :(
Originally Posted by where2travel
Firstly, welcome to Flyertalk.

It's a good seat on the upper deck of the 747 but general consensus seems to favour 62A, K or 64 A, K although note that these are all backwards-facing seats (which I happen to prefer, particularly on overnight flights although I acknowledge your flight won't be).
I had a reservation for 63 K, but when I looked just now, all of row 62 was suddenly open! So I changed to 62K as it is rumored to be better (I usually get 64K, so haven't done row 62 before).

Any reason NOT to pick 62K? Colder near emergency exits on a long night fight?

(I nabbed 64 K for both outbound flights!)

Last edited by africaflier; Feb 29, 2012 at 9:14 pm
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: QF
We landed yesterday after 22hrs in 63JK. During which time I also tried one sector in 63A. My observation was that the window seats, near the exits, were not cold nor drafty.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 3:17 am

Hi everyone,

Me and mrs LCG are booked in CW in 64AB with our baby.

I just spoke to BA and the lady I was dealing with said they can't guarantee 64AB will be a bassinet/cot position only row 20 is showing up as one.

Does anyone have any info on this as when I have sat in 64A without a child I am almost certain it was a cot position?

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2012, 3:23 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by londonclubguy
Hi everyone,

Me and mrs LCG are booked in CW in 64AB with our baby.

I just spoke to BA and the lady I was dealing with said they can't guarantee 64AB will be a bassinet/cot position only row 20 is showing up as one.

Does anyone have any info on this as when I have sat in 64A without a child I am almost certain it was a cot position?

Thanks
Bassinet means that little light grey bar in front of the seat right?

Just checked our DXB flight and 64A and 64K both have these.

Hope this helps

Welcome to the KOTUD club by the way!

(Kids On The Upper Deck, hehe )
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by africaflier
Any reason NOT to pick 62K? Colder near emergency exits on a long night fight?
The cold has never bothered me, and given that "cold" is not a common complaint about the UD you might find that the cooler temperature is a relief.

Also, 62K is a bit more open than 64K if you particularly like privacy.

But really, you're extremely unlikely to be disappointed by it.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Just checked our DXB flight and 64A and 64K both have these.
I'm pretty sure 62K is not a bassinet seat, while 64A is and always has been.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by clubman
I'm pretty sure 62K is not a bassinet seat, while 64A is and always has been.
The little grey bars are the bassinets right?

Edit: just noticed you are referring to 62 while OP is talking about 64

Have I picked well by the way?
I still have a choice of anywhere on UD

Last edited by PanGalactic; Mar 1, 2012 at 5:48 am
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The little grey bars are the bassinets right?
No, I think official bassinet positions say "COT". I think the little grey bar may mean nothing more than a wall/bulkhead. I don't recall 64K ever having been discussed as a bassinet seat; AFAIK there was only one on the UD, which was 64A.
Have I picked well by the way?
Personally, I would move the person in 63K to 64A.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Globaliser
No, I think official bassinet positions say "COT". I think the little grey bar may mean nothing more than a wall/bulkhead. I don't recall 64K ever having been discussed as a bassinet seat; AFAIK there was only one on the UD, which was 64A.Personally, I would move the person in 63K to 64A.
I picked 63K because my understanding was you could exit the seat without climbing over anyone. Is that the same story for 64A ?

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I picked 63K because my understanding was you could exit the seat without climbing over anyone. Is that the same story for 64A ?
63K has to climb out over 64J.

64A does not climb out over anyone.

If you look again at the seat map, you'll see why.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Globaliser
63K has to climb out over 64J.
Although, I believe it has been highlighted on several posts that you can exit 63K by going between the side of the seat and the side of the aircraft, exiting behind the seat into the cross aisle where the emergency exit is... I presume that is personal size dependant...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.