Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by T8191
Correct on both counts ^
Well not exactly, the bassinet is still there at 64A but is not actively sold as such but it is still OK for use.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Well not exactly, the bassinet is still there at 64A but is not actively sold as such but it is still OK for use.
Thanks for the correction.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Do you think someone at BA would be able to tell me if it could be used on our flight?

And thanks T8191!

H
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by LadyB
Having now arrived back in the UK, I can confirm that Mrs.T's advice on exiting 63A via the squeeze & shuffle did indeed work and was how I exited my seat almost every time. A tall and/or larger person couldn't manage it, it is a bit of a squeeze but as someone who is vertically challenged, it is definately easier than stepping over the legs of the person in 64B.

^
Great, thanks for this feedback. I've just booked 63 A/B (over 62 A/B) for an LHR-YVR flight later this year. I'll be in 63A as my travel partner won't fly backwards (whereas I prefer to). I'm not particularly tall or large so hopefully I will have no problem with the squeeze and shuffle trick!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Hoch
Having read this thread and searching the board, can I just confirm that on a 747 (52 configuration)
that the UD bassinet seat is no longer used and that it was 64A and not 64K. Also, that the (only)
bassinet/cot seat is 20E/F?

Much appreciated as my wife is doing my head in. Either that, I will call BA Silver tomorrow morning.

Many thanks!

H
Data point:

Mrs User Name, the User Namette and I flew LHR-BOS last August in 64A/B. This was after this stopped being sold as a bassinet position but we had no issues at all having the Britax seat installed there - crew didn't bat an eyelid.

This is now, of course, 7 months ago but it's my only experience to share.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you think someone at BA would be able to tell me if it could be used on our flight?

And thanks T8191!

H
64A can be used for a baby and the bassinet is usable.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:29 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by where2travel
Great, thanks for this feedback. I've just booked 63 A/B (over 62 A/B) for an LHR-YVR flight later this year. I'll be in 63A as my travel partner won't fly backwards (whereas I prefer to). I'm not particularly tall or large so hopefully I will have no problem with the squeeze and shuffle trick!
My pleasure and as T8 says, he had no problems so I think I was wrong when I said a tall/larger person couldn't do it. When you're a little one like me, you under-estimate what taller & larger people can do!

Enjoy your seats
Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:26 am

64A can be used for a baby and the bassinet is usable.
Okey dokey. 64A is already taken on our flight (annoyingly). So perhaps, I will just move us
downstairs to 20E/F. The last thing I want to do is to have either of us hold our 3 month old
son for 11 hours

H
Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Okey dokey. 64A is already taken on our flight (annoyingly). So perhaps, I will just move us
downstairs to 20E/F. The last thing I want to do is to have either of us hold our 3 month old
son for 11 hours
We've used 20E/F on a few occasions … it's a cosy and private environment for a couple. No baby, though, just a Bear who didn't use the bassinet
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:40 am

Any opinions on 16A/K on the 77W? Due they get a lot of noise / light from the lavs and galleys?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:53 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I flew in 10D on a 777-200 recently, and changed from 10B a short while before the flight. This was the front row of CW.

I was not disturbed too much by the WC on this day light flight, which I think would have been the case in 10B, and had a good sight line (when the curtain was open) as well as access, to the Club Kitchen!

Good to be served first.

I would probably choose the seat again.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
I flew in 10D on a 777-200 recently, and changed from 10B a short while before the flight. This was the front row of CW.

I was not disturbed too much by the WC on this day light flight, which I think would have been the case in 10B, and had a good sight line (when the curtain was open) as well as access, to the Club Kitchen!

Good to be served first.

I would probably choose the seat again.
I'm flying to BLR in 2 months time and was just looking at the seats- about 5 others are taken, including 4EF, and the cot seats can only be reserved before T-72 by a passenger travelling with an infant. I have no problem with babies on planes, they are normally absolutely fine but toddlers are the problem. I was in 5K, but decided to try an aisle so have 1G (hoping for the middles to be free, it's not a busy flight yet)- should I move to the second smaller cabin?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5K is a great seat, why did you give this up?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 4:19 am

5K is a great seat, why did you give this up?
I decided to choose 1G to try an aisle- I have 5K on the way back when sleeping is important
Old Apr 9, 2012, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, but as 5K has aisle access, privacy and a window what draws you to 1G?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.