Wiki Posts
Search

Best seats on A318 CW LCY - JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue; HHonours Silver; Hertz Gold
Best seats on A318 CW LCY - JFK

Thread says it all really - myself and Mrs accajl are contemplating a long weekend in NYC whilst sampling CWLCY at the same time (CW back to LHR).

Are there any "good" or "bad" seats for a couple travelling CWLCY? SeatExpert does not flag any of the seats as either.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:03 pm
NFH
Suspended

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meliá gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
I think the reason for the lack of any advice on SeatGuru is because none of the seats have any significant advantage or disadvantage. The only factors to be aware of are the obvious usual things such not being behind the engines on a night flight and not over the wings on a daytime flight. I seem to remember that 1B is not very private because the aisle coming from the front of the plane is off-centre so people could walk into you, but I hope someone can validate this. As a couple, I might choose 8A/8B or 8J/8K for slightly more privacy on a daytime flight, otherwise 1J/1K on a night flight. On my own, I'd probably choose 1A in both directions, which is where I sat last time on BA3's maiden flight.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
On my own, I'd probably choose 1A in both directions, which is where I sat last time on BA3's maiden flight.

That's what I've chosen to do next week for my first CWLCY. I'll report back.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alta, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
There aren't really any bad seats. I have to admit, I did find the noise and traffic to and from the galley somewhat irritating in 1A (standard advice when sitting next to it, but not usually a problem for me on a 7X7).

On my return I was in 4A, and slept like a baby.

Colm
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
I would suggest sitting near the front as meal service can be slow and it starts at the front.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:23 pm
NFH
Suspended

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meliá gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
Originally Posted by fatmac70
I would suggest sitting near the front as meal service can be slow and it starts at the front.
If you're on BA3, this can be an advantage, because the food is served too early in my opinion. For drinks, I agree - it's better to be at the front, particularly for regular top-ups.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nfh
I seem to remember that 1B is not very private because the aisle coming from the front of the plane is off-centre so people could walk into you, but I hope someone can validate this.
Correct- 1B's footrest protrudes past the end of the bulkhead.

I had 1K on the overnight flight and it suffered quite a bit light seeping over the curtains from the forward galley (even though there are two curtains, one at either side of the toilet door. I think row 2 would be quite good, as it is just forward of the wing.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 2:01 am

I would recommend row 2. Food service is slow. Row 1 is by the galley and lavatories.

All seats a good seats though.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Petrus
I would recommend row 2. Food service is slow. Row 1 is by the galley and lavatories.

All seats a good seats though.
We had row 2 out and row 3 back.
Both are excelent seats.
If I was to pick a row on the plane,I'd pick row 2 over any of the rest.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Exec (Silver), SPG (corporate), IHG
best seats in the house

for a daytime flight rows 2 & 7 are pretty good, decent views out of the window and not too near the galley's & toilets

for those of you who feel the service was slow or mis-timed please please please feed this back to the company either through customer comments cards, ba.com or even better the CWLCY Business team.

there is significant debate over the need for an additonal crew member to allow better service flow & delivery; the ONLY way such an outcome is possible will be through customer feedback

JJ
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
We had Row 2 outbound and I think Row 3 on the inbound.

I didn't like the look of Row 1, since it was located by the toilets and close to the galley. I think this would get irritating. If you could guarantee 2 seats to yourself then perhaps 1A or 1D wouldn't be such a bad choice.

Row 2 was definitely a good choice on the outbound, on the inbound I slept so it made little difference.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by jumpseat_jock
for a daytime flight rows 2 & 7 are pretty good, decent views out of the window and not too near the galley's & toilets

for those of you who feel the service was slow or mis-timed please please please feed this back to the company either through customer comments cards, ba.com or even better the CWLCY Business team.

there is significant debate over the need for an additonal crew member to allow better service flow & delivery; the ONLY way such an outcome is possible will be through customer feedback

JJ
Correct and I've already passed on my comments, emphasising a fourth CC is needed.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
I actually like 8A - little galley noise and few people actually use the facilities during the night. 8K has glare from the light of any cabin crew member sitting by the door throughout the night
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Silver, BD Silver, CO Silver, HHonors Silver,Hertz PC
I've chosen 4AB for my LCY-JFK flight in March. Anyone travelled in those seats at all?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:08 am

Nope, row 4 is completely new and unused.

It is above the wing, so slightly more noise and obstructed view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.