FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best seats on A318 CW LCY - JFK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1044858-best-seats-a318-cw-lcy-jfk.html)

accajl Jan 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Best seats on A318 CW LCY - JFK

Thread says it all really - myself and Mrs accajl are contemplating a long weekend in NYC whilst sampling CWLCY at the same time (CW back to LHR).

Are there any "good" or "bad" seats for a couple travelling CWLCY? SeatExpert does not flag any of the seats as either.

NFH Jan 27, 2010 3:03 pm

I think the reason for the lack of any advice on SeatGuru is because none of the seats have any significant advantage or disadvantage. The only factors to be aware of are the obvious usual things such not being behind the engines on a night flight and not over the wings on a daytime flight. I seem to remember that 1B is not very private because the aisle coming from the front of the plane is off-centre so people could walk into you, but I hope someone can validate this. As a couple, I might choose 8A/8B or 8J/8K for slightly more privacy on a daytime flight, otherwise 1J/1K on a night flight. On my own, I'd probably choose 1A in both directions, which is where I sat last time on BA3's maiden flight.

HighLife Jan 27, 2010 3:05 pm

On my own, I'd probably choose 1A in both directions, which is where I sat last time on BA3's maiden flight.

That's what I've chosen to do next week for my first CWLCY. I'll report back.

colm Jan 27, 2010 3:12 pm

There aren't really any bad seats. I have to admit, I did find the noise and traffic to and from the galley somewhat irritating in 1A (standard advice when sitting next to it, but not usually a problem for me on a 7X7).

On my return I was in 4A, and slept like a baby.

Colm

fatmac70 Jan 27, 2010 3:21 pm

I would suggest sitting near the front as meal service can be slow and it starts at the front.

NFH Jan 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by fatmac70 (Post 13269539)
I would suggest sitting near the front as meal service can be slow and it starts at the front.

If you're on BA3, this can be an advantage, because the food is served too early in my opinion. For drinks, I agree - it's better to be at the front, particularly for regular top-ups.

BA1321 Jan 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by nfh (Post 13269390)
I seem to remember that 1B is not very private because the aisle coming from the front of the plane is off-centre so people could walk into you, but I hope someone can validate this.

Correct- 1B's footrest protrudes past the end of the bulkhead.

I had 1K on the overnight flight and it suffered quite a bit light seeping over the curtains from the forward galley (even though there are two curtains, one at either side of the toilet door. I think row 2 would be quite good, as it is just forward of the wing.

Petrus Jan 28, 2010 2:01 am

I would recommend row 2. Food service is slow. Row 1 is by the galley and lavatories.

All seats a good seats though.

Earthman Jan 28, 2010 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Petrus (Post 13272681)
I would recommend row 2. Food service is slow. Row 1 is by the galley and lavatories.

All seats a good seats though.

We had row 2 out and row 3 back.
Both are excelent seats.
If I was to pick a row on the plane,I'd pick row 2 over any of the rest.

jumpseat_jock Jan 28, 2010 7:59 am

best seats in the house

for a daytime flight rows 2 & 7 are pretty good, decent views out of the window and not too near the galley's & toilets

for those of you who feel the service was slow or mis-timed please please please feed this back to the company either through customer comments cards, ba.com or even better the CWLCY Business team.

there is significant debate over the need for an additonal crew member to allow better service flow & delivery; the ONLY way such an outcome is possible will be through customer feedback

JJ

Land-of-Miles Jan 28, 2010 10:13 am

We had Row 2 outbound and I think Row 3 on the inbound.

I didn't like the look of Row 1, since it was located by the toilets and close to the galley. I think this would get irritating. If you could guarantee 2 seats to yourself then perhaps 1A or 1D wouldn't be such a bad choice.

Row 2 was definitely a good choice on the outbound, on the inbound I slept so it made little difference.

Petrus Jan 28, 2010 11:54 am

Originally Posted by jumpseat_jock (Post 13273844)
for a daytime flight rows 2 & 7 are pretty good, decent views out of the window and not too near the galley's & toilets

for those of you who feel the service was slow or mis-timed please please please feed this back to the company either through customer comments cards, ba.com or even better the CWLCY Business team.

there is significant debate over the need for an additonal crew member to allow better service flow & delivery; the ONLY way such an outcome is possible will be through customer feedback

JJ

Correct and I've already passed on my comments, emphasising a fourth CC is needed.

Lucifer UK Jan 29, 2010 4:15 am

I actually like 8A - little galley noise and few people actually use the facilities during the night. 8K has glare from the light of any cabin crew member sitting by the door throughout the night

LHRjc Jan 29, 2010 5:13 am

I've chosen 4AB for my LCY-JFK flight in March. Anyone travelled in those seats at all?

Petrus Jan 29, 2010 7:08 am

Nope, row 4 is completely new and unused. ;)

It is above the wing, so slightly more noise and obstructed view.