Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Can anyone advise me on a paid seating question? If a non-status pax makes an Avios booking in which the outbound leg is in First and the inbound in CW, does he still have to pay to reserve the CW seat on the inbound leg? Or does the F sector mean that free seat allocation applies to the whole booking?

I suppose the same question could be asked about seat allocations for any linked domestic legs.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by BasilBush
Can anyone advise me on a paid seating question? If a non-status pax makes an Avios booking in which the outbound leg is in First and the inbound in CW, does he still have to pay to reserve the CW seat on the inbound leg? Or does the F sector mean that free seat allocation applies to the whole booking?

I suppose the same question could be asked about seat allocations for any linked domestic legs.
You get free seat allocation for the F legs, and only the F legs.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Thanks for all the input regarding my seating choice for our group of 3 adults.

Just a wee update to say I have gone for 64ABJ.

Company are paying so decided just to go for it.

Probably won't prebook anything for return as we will hopefully be sleeping and won't really care where we are seated.

Thanks again for all the input and for the information on the dashboard.

Lou

Last edited by LoopyLou; Jan 6, 2013 at 2:05 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Exec
This has probably been discussed endlessly on here before, but I haven't stumbled across it, but is anyone bothered by the BA seating policy. REcently on a flight from MIami back to LOndon in TRaveller Plus discovered on check-in there were not 2 seats side-by-side for myself and my wife. We managed to get someone to trade, with difficulty! Now for flights to Sao Paulo (reward flights) in Club World I just paid £120 to get the last two seats side-by-side. There were lots of empty seats - like all the window seats left empty by all the selfish .......s travelling alone and hoping they wouldn't get anyone beside them (I hope they all get the travellers from hell!) but only 2 side-by-side.
If two people have booked on the same reservation isn't it natural to assume they want to travel together and to facilitate that rather than see it as a mean and mucky little money-making opportunity (Mr Walsh?) On our OW South American Pas we have allocated seats on every flight free of charge. On our TAM and Aerolinas Argentinas flights we got to choose seats at no charge.
It seems the old weding vow about god joining together but no man putting asunder doesn't apply to BA. Rant over.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Redheadpeter
This has probably been discussed endlessly on here before, but I haven't stumbled across it, but is anyone bothered by the BA seating policy. REcently on a flight from MIami back to LOndon in TRaveller Plus discovered on check-in there were not 2 seats side-by-side for myself and my wife. We managed to get someone to trade, with difficulty! Now for flights to Sao Paulo (reward flights) in Club World I just paid £120 to get the last two seats side-by-side. There were lots of empty seats - like all the window seats left empty by all the selfish .......s travelling alone and hoping they wouldn't get anyone beside them (I hope they all get the travellers from hell!) but only 2 side-by-side.
If two people have booked on the same reservation isn't it natural to assume they want to travel together and to facilitate that rather than see it as a mean and mucky little money-making opportunity (Mr Walsh?) On our OW South American Pas we have allocated seats on every flight free of charge. On our TAM and Aerolinas Argentinas flights we got to choose seats at no charge.
It seems the old weding vow about god joining together but no man putting asunder doesn't apply to BA. Rant over.
I can't say that it bothers me per se - it is what it is. But then as a Silver you get free seat selection. I guess you could look on the bright side about getting two reward seats to Sao Paulo.

I'm surprised that all the window seats were free, usually they are the first to go.

I hope I didn't say that line in my vows as I usually put my husband somewhere that isn't next to me . Mind you, generally we have been allocated seats together and I have to move.

I also have a question, I'm on the SYD-LHR on a 777 and have selected 10A (don't like climbing over legs). Is this a good choice? I have seen some posts that say the windows aren't aligned and some say they are... I like windows, so if anyone knows for sure, that would be great.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:03 am

All status card holders get seat selection for free, and even tin gets free seat selection from T-7days. I see the free seat selection as a free perk of being a loyal customer (albeit not that profitable, with me being constantly on UK Domestic services).

I wouldn't say it is natural that people would always want to sit together. On the very, very, very few times I have had to travel with my boss and we have been on the same PNR for whatever reason, there is no way on earth would I sit next to him/her on a flight, especially long haul.

Wishing that those travelling by themselves having the "travellers from hell" sitting next to them makes your rant childish. Sorry.

In my opinion, the seating policy is great and I hope that BA do not change it.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
It certainly has been done to death, as the most minute effort of searching the forum should have revealed...

I very much like the BA seating policy, which creates a very tangible benefit to status holders, i.e. its regular and loyal flyers. My silver card gets me free seat selection at the time of booking which is a great perk, not that much for the money saved as for the fact I have more and better choice.

To get early seat selection you can either give loyalty to BA and earn status, or pay for it. Seems perfectly fair to me.

The WT+ cabin is fairly small, which will obviously restrict choice further. As such, its even more of a benefit to status holders to be able to select seats early.

Your reference to "selfish" window seat bookers was quite unnecessary I thought.

And is it really that much of a disaster not to sit next to one another for a few hours?

It seems the old weding vow about god joining together but no man putting asunder doesn't apply to BA.
I presume "no man" excludes the divorce courts then.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by CreativeBill
I also have a question, I'm on the SYD-LHR on a 777 and have selected 10A (don't like climbing over legs). Is this a good choice? I have seen some posts that say the windows aren't aligned and some say they are... I like windows, so if anyone knows for sure, that would be great.
I like 10A but it might not suit everyone. There is a window blank immediately behind the bulkhead (when seated behind your right shoulder), so you may lose out on daylight. The blank is not all that noticeable when seated or lounging in the Z-position.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
I like 10A but it might not suit everyone. There is a window blank immediately behind the bulkhead (when seated behind your right shoulder), so you may lose out on daylight. The blank is not all that noticeable when seated or lounging in the Z-position.
Thanks ^. That sounds ok, I go into hibernation mode on flights that long anyway, so fancy tucking myself away in the corner. Looks like I do have to do the leg clamber though. Never mind.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
They're are 5 adults plus one infant traveling on a 777 to MCO and back from TPA

Which do people consider the best bassinet seats. 3d or 11d?

Also, on the 777 40J config which ab / jk seats are more in line with the midde row 3. Is it 3ab or 4ab?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver, Tesco, BA Amex, Kris Flyer
747 - Upper Deck - Which Seat?

Hi

I am travelling from Singapore to LHR and have managed to get a spot upstairs, 62K & 62J are both occupied, are all of the other seats much for much?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If you take a look at the sticky thread there's lots of information in there about the best seats. It does comes down to personal preference though. I really like row 64, but others don't.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
62A, 64A, and 64K are all great in my opinion.
60, 61, 63AK are all very good as well, just not amazing.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:49 pm

64A or 64K are the places to be!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Preference on day flights is 62A or K and night flights 64K (followed by 64A).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.