Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by T8191
Your choice, Sir, which I respect.
Well, their choice actually, which I also respect. Personally, I prefer 62K to 64K.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by zafiragirl
Can I ask a quick question about this?

This month sees my first CW since becoming a newly forged Bronze. When the T-7 days free seat selection period opens, will I be able to select from any seats available, or just these ones (if they're not already taken?)

I seem to remember last year that there were only these seats to choose from as pre-pay options, but others were available to choose from at OLCI.
You'll be able to choose from any that are available, not just the ones the ones that can be pre-payed.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
Excellent! Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2012, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by crystak
I thought 64A is most preferred as well due to the increased privacy (for solo flyers).

Why would 62 be preferred?

Interesting to note that 62A is the only seat taken on a future flight, is that you stifle?!?!

No, I UUAed to First
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Chaps

I am about to fly a 3 class 777 for the first time - I normally search out the 747 but had to go via LGW this time.

I have a choice of 2A, 5A or 11A at the moment.

I have seen PETER01's pictures of 5A and think that would be my preference but I do like to look out if the window. Can you see anything out of the 5A window by your head?

I also liked the look if 11A but was concerned about proximity to WTP and the potential for a lack of meal choice by the time they got to me!

I am currently in 2A and may just stay there due to my negatives on the above but I hate stepping over folks!

Any thoughts from the experts bearing in mind it is a day flight?

aks120
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by aks120
I have a choice of 2A, 5A or 11A at the moment.

I have seen PETER01's pictures of 5A and think that would be my preference but I do like to look out if the window. Can you see anything out of the 5A window by your head?

I also liked the look if 11A but was concerned about proximity to WTP and the potential for a lack of meal choice by the time they got to me!

I am currently in 2A and may just stay there due to my negatives on the above but I hate stepping over folks!

Any thoughts from the experts bearing in mind it is a day flight?
Everyone has their own preference on this. I've done 1F, 2A and 5A on this configuration. Of all of these, I found 2A the best simply because there was a window there. While there was no one to climb over in 5A, the lack of a window made it feel like I was on a submarine. 1F was given to me as an op-up so couldn't and wouldn't complain at the time, but I wouldn't obviously choose it myself it travelling alone.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by GaryK84
Everyone has their own preference on this. I've done 1F, 2A and 5A on this configuration. Of all of these, I found 2A the best simply because there was a window there. While there was no one to climb over in 5A, the lack of a window made it feel like I was on a submarine. 1F was given to me as an op-up so couldn't and wouldn't complain at the time, but I wouldn't obviously choose it myself it travelling alone.
Unless, as has been pointed out, the 'window' issue bothers you, and then it brings in my pet hate, the sunny side of the aircraft. If the sun is going to be on the left of the aircraft and you are someone (like me) who likes looking out of the window from time to time, then you need to be on the right hand side.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: BA - Bronze : HHonnors Gold : Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
All LHR based three class B777's have row 5AB and 5JK, most LGW aircraft don't.

Denver will be a WW crew destination from January and Kuwait will be a MF crew route.
Given a choice of seats I would choose 5JK.
On the three class 777s LON-DEN are there any Club World seats that have less storage space than other seats?

Last edited by Gorcat; Dec 17, 2012 at 12:44 am
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:52 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
I have a choice between 60A, 61J/K, 62J and 63B... Currently, I'm in 60A, but which of these do you think is the best option?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by pianoamit
I have a choice between 60A, 61J/K, 62J and 63B... Currently, I'm in 60A, but which of these do you think is the best option?
Generally window seats in Club are much more private than other seats and on the upper deck have the further advantage of extra storage which would point to 60A or 61K. I don't think there's a lot to choose between those (but have never actually at in either of them) - there are only four seats on that deck I am really familiar with.

However, if you are tall (6'2" or more) and plan on sleeping for much of the flight, I would go for 63B which does have extra legroom. Club beds are only about 6'0" which makes for a pretty uncomfortable sleep if you're a few inches taller than this. If it's a night flight then you should be fairly undisturbed whether you're in the aisle or by the window and the extra legroom makes a big difference.

Once on a day flight, when my assigned seat of 62K was broken, there was fortunately enough space on the upper deck for me to use both 63A and 63B. Although the former was more pleasant for working, reading and eating, I moved to the latter for my nap and it was a definite improvement.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:28 am

Thank you! I guess I was wondering if there is a real advantage to 63B, since I'm slightly shy of 6', and the privacy of a window seat on the upper deck appeals to me.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pianoamit
63B is cooler than the other seats, the doors are a bit leaky in my experience. But there's a fair amount of activity in that area (trolleys, people passing round each other) that I personally wouldn't go for it.

On the other hand 60A is a great seat. I always go for it if someone else has had the temerity to book 62A/K, 64A/K ahead of me. I'm slightly taller than you but there's plenty of space. Some people (not me!) lounge out on the side cupboards and there's plenty of space in 60A. Also it gets slightly more cubby holes since there's a narrow one behind. Finally since there's no-one behind you there is less vibration from the clod-hoppers. There is more activity the nearer you get to row 64, and many passengers take a while to twig there's a front toilet.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
You can guess what I'm going to say - 63B

Never noticed any draught, tbh, and I doubt the doors actually leak [otherwise there would be a pressurisation problem, in which case the air would leak out, not in]. Possibly a case of less effective insulation in the door area?

Traffic? Never noticed that either. The 2 CC do the service, and occasionally feed/water the flight crew. The 20 pax IME seem to stay in their seats [apart from clothes-changing time], although I do take the point about the front lavatory: I guess folks go for the one where they can see the 'occupied' indicator.

Privacy not an issue with me; being next to my wife is! And avoiding climb-over, which happens to 60A if you want to get out and join the parade of people up and down the cabin
Old Dec 19, 2012, 3:56 am

OK... These are all very good points, but as silly as it sounds, I'm also keen to try out a rear-facing seat. Every time I've sat in CW until now, has always somehow been a front-facing seat. I don't anticipate there being a humungous difference, but let's see...

The parade would certainly disturb me if I were trying to sleep, and having done TLV-MAD-LHR already that day, I certainly will be. So I guess 63B is best avoided for this particular flight. T8191 Thanks, but no thanks... As they say...
Old Dec 19, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
Just about to select our seats for our forthcoming flight to PHX in CW. Only our second CW adventure, when we thoroughly caught the Upper Deck bug travelling GLA-LHR-LAS return last year.

As newly-forged Brownies, this has been my first opportunity to choose my seats for free at T-7days. The UD is pretty much wide-open for me to choose from, current options being anything in row 61, 62J/K, 63J/K, or anything in row 64.

At the moment I've plumped for 62 J/K. Is this a good move, or is 64 a better choice?

On the way home, we've already bitten the £160 bullet (ouch) to reserve 63 J/K, which were the only remaining UD seats available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.