Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I usually take 4K. Dont worry about economy being close by, they seldom kick up too much of a fuss
... only time I even heard them behind the curtain was during a small issue of a volcano eruption causing an involuntary divert a couple of years ago, and some surly frogs were indignant and wanted to get off (YYC-LHR diverted to CDG).

There are galleys and toilets behind you, but you are sufficiently far away that they are not a problem at all.

It is such a small cabin the food choices have never been a problem that I have noticed - it is nothing like the "flying dorm" of the 777!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
nux / antichef - thank you both.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Flying to DXB

Have a couple of upcoming flights to/from Dubai in club world. I assume that 62A/K and possibly 64A/K are still the preferred seats when flying the 747-400.

Also, one of my flights is on the 777... any idea which CW seat would be good? I'm currently in 13A.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:18 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
On 744 I prefer 64K, as there is less light from the galley...
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kraftar
Have a couple of upcoming flights to/from Dubai in club world. I assume that 62A/K and possibly 64A/K are still the preferred seats when flying the 747-400.

Also, one of my flights is on the 777... any idea which CW seat would be good? I'm currently in 13A.

I had 64K to DXB on Monday (great as ever, IMO) and 10G today on the 777 flight back. I was happy with the front row aisle seat in the centre of the 777 cabin, as I had no one climbing over me. It was close to the WCs, and traffic was heavy, but on a day light flight it did not bother me too much
Old Jan 20, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Just realized I can select seat in advance as I'm travelling with infants.
I will travel with my wife and twin toddlers (747, 70J configuration it seems)
Which are the best seats to choose? The two rear facing at the end of the cabin I suppose (20 E,F)?
For some reason, the automatically selected seats are on different rows, 18 and 19. I have read that there are restrictions to choosing seats with infants, due to availability of oxygen masks, but there is no problem to select 20E and F it seems. Is it OK, or I'll be moved later?
Thanks

PS Is there some hard wall between these seats and the economy section, or just a curtain? I'd prefer some solid structure to make it easier to restrict the kids' movements

Last edited by neuromancer; Jan 20, 2013 at 6:49 am
Old Jan 20, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Just realized I can select seat in advance as I'm travelling with infants.
I will travel with my wife and twin toddlers (747, 70J configuration it seems)
Which are the best seats to choose? The two rear facing at the end of the cabin I suppose (20 E,F)?
For some reason, the automatically selected seats are on different rows, 18 and 19. I have read that there are restrictions to choosing seats with infants, due to availability of oxygen masks, but there is no problem to select 20E and F it seems. Is it OK, or I'll be moved later?
Thanks

PS Is there some hard wall between these seats and the economy section, or just a curtain? I'd prefer some solid structure to make it easier to restrict the kids' movements
Hi there,

20e/f would be an excellent choice for the toddlers in my opinion as it offers some nice privacy with the privacy screens up and the little ones will be fine on the floor to play in front of you and you can keep your eye on them as there is a wall in front of you! i say go for it ^
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:50 am

Hi there
please suggest me which one is the best to have a rest:
63K or 63 A or 60 A UD on 744jet
thank you so much
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by pinkyclouds
Hi there
please suggest me which one is the best to have a rest:
63K or 63 A or 60 A UD on 744jet
thank you so much
Assuming you are slim, and can execute the "iWife escape manoeuvre"®, then 63A will give you a nice little corner where you can hide. And those convenient side-bins as well, to park pudding on and tuck away your handbag.

Similar applies to 63K - depends on where the Sun will be, and whether that bothers you.

My guess is that 60A will be disturbed by the lavatory and CC delivering F&B to the Flight Deck. And you have climb-over if Nature calls.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Assuming you are slim, and can execute the "iWife escape manoeuvre"®, then 63A will give you a nice little corner where you can hide. And those convenient side-bins as well, to park pudding on and tuck away your handbag.

Similar applies to 63K - depends on where the Sun will be, and whether that bothers you.

My guess is that 60A will be disturbed by the lavatory and CC delivering F&B to the Flight Deck. And you have climb-over if Nature calls.
Thank you T8191 , very kind of yours :-:
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinkyclouds
Thank you T8191 , very kind of yours :-:
No problem, so long as we don't want it
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:27 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
12, 13 or 14 on the 4-class 777?

I always prefer a window seat and have the option of 12A, 13A or 14A. My instinct is to be as far forward as possible. But Seatguru reports a missing window in 12.

So what's the view like from 12, 13 and 14 (given the seats are rear-facing and over the wing)?

Which one should I go for?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
I am off on Monday morning on a 4-class 777-200 to HND.

I blame this site for making me take my WT special offer booking paid for by the company, using my own cash to upgrade both legs to WTP and then UuA! (Well, I am quite excited by it and it wasn't too expensive and haven't done a BA Tokyo flight in J before so feel I have to experience it!)

When I go into manage my booking, the 15A, E & K are showing as available so there are obviously no pax with BSCT requests in the flight that day. (I would rather take an extra 2 inches with no window as I will probably sleep most of the flight anyway as have a rather late one the night before and have to work on Tuesdad in Japan.)

When I click on my current seat the BSCT locations grey out and I can't select them. Does anyone else have any experience of this? Should I call BAEC and ask them to assign the seats to me or is that taking the pi$$?

Thanks for your advice,

Ed
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Hi there,

20e/f would be an excellent choice for the toddlers in my opinion as it offers some nice privacy with the privacy screens up and the little ones will be fine on the floor to play in front of you and you can keep your eye on them as there is a wall in front of you! i say go for it ^
We have used these seats with our little one (or equivalent last row seats on different aircraft). Would book again in a hreart beat even though said little one is now 4. Nice contained play area for them as has been mentioned - just be careful the little ones dont play with the footstools which I think are fixed to the wall, or thereabouts. I was always worrried little fingers could get caught if they dropped down.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eejp1007
…..
When I go into manage my booking, the 15A, E & K are showing as available so there are obviously no pax with BSCT requests in the flight that day. (I would rather take an extra 2 inches with no window as I will probably sleep most of the flight anyway as have a rather late one the night before and have to work on Tuesdad in Japan.)

When I click on my current seat the BSCT locations grey out and I can't select them. Does anyone else have any experience of this? Should I call BAEC and ask them to assign the seats to me or is that taking the pi$$?
Always worth a phone call - I'm almost sure the bassinets are released at T-72, which you seem to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.