Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:54 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Here's the current odds that you will get New First on your route:

777: 2.17% (based on 1 flying out of 46 in the fleet - of course all the 777s don't have First cabins either, so much better odds than this!)

747: 2.04% (49 aircraft in fleet - although the odds should improve because a number of them are in storage, how many?)

So there is a chance for everyone!

(Forgive me for using Wiki as a source for fleet numbers, entriely aware they may be incorrect!)

Last edited by Motors; Jun 1, 2010 at 2:34 am
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:06 am

6 and a half a dozen of course, although what are the chances of NF operating on the LHR-LAX route by July+ next year?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I think it will unlikely that you will have the New F as I think the New F is only on 1 777 and 1 747 at the moment and the rest of the fleet has not started to be updated yet.

Regards

TBS
There are actually now 3 aircraft with NF. 2 777s and 1 747 - from memory they are IIU, IIV and IVF.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 3:03 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
There are actually now 3 aircraft with NF. 2 777s and 1 747 - from memory they are IIU, IIV and IVF.
Is there a more scheduled timetable for conversion of the aircraft now, that the CAA approval has been given? Wasn't a CW conversion carried out every 2 weeks or so, once in things were in full swing?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by clubman
New F LHR-TLV-LHR last Monday.
does that mean there may be a good chance of getting New First this week or next? Going out on 5/6, back on 9/6 in F.

Dan
Old Jun 1, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Is it only the LHR 777s that have been fitted or is there any chance on one of the LGW 777s with an F cabin ?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Has BA provided any more details as to the roll out of the new F cabin, as they did with NGCW?

How many F seats are there in the 777 - is it 14 or 17 or is it likely to vary?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Some very nice pictures of New First in this blog review:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/flying...ew-experience/
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by ian001

Thanks for the link ian001...

I don't care what anyone says... that is one heck of a decent looking F product... Now you can actually see it properly, in a full cabin configuration, lighting and all working... it looks the dogs danglies..
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: BA
Bill Nighy in the new seat

I saw this link elsewhere on the web, but can't remember where so forgive me if someone else posted it on FT

Bill Nighy looking cool as ever in the new F seat

New or Old F, I am going to try and replicate the photo next month on the way to Miami.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by baggageinhall
I saw this link elsewhere on the web, but can't remember where so forgive me if someone else posted it on FT

Bill Nighy looking cool as ever in the new F seat

New or Old F, I am going to try and replicate the photo next month on the way to Miami.
Bill who?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: OW Emerald, AA EX PLT 1MM+, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
Originally Posted by OPebble
Bill who?
Davy Jones from the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise
Old Jun 5, 2010, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by ian001

I like the pictures (and the look of the seat), thanks for posting the link.
Sadly the text leaves a bit to be desired as the author thinks that VS has an F product.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by OPebble
Bill who?
Museum guide in tonight's Doctor Who. ^
Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, AA EX PLT 1MM+, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
The odds of NF on 777s appear to be getting better

Originally Posted by Motors
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Here's the current odds that you will get New First on your route:

777: 2.17% (based on 1 flying out of 46 in the fleet - of course all the 777s don't have First cabins either, so much better odds than this!)

747: 2.04% (49 aircraft in fleet - although the odds should improve because a number of them are in storage, how many?)

So there is a chance for everyone!

(Forgive me for using Wiki as a source for fleet numbers, entriely aware they may be incorrect!)
I’d like to thank all of you for the interesting posts in this thread. Like many of you, I have an upcoming F flight (3/8 YYZ-LHR, return 22/8) and have been monitoring to see how lucky I’ll get to be on a New First flight (too much monitoring perhaps). So here goes my first post to this thread (I will try not to make them all this long).

Thanks to Motors for getting the mental wheels spinning on what the odds are of having NF on your route. Using some of the useful tools I’ve found on this board, I think I’ve gotten a littler closer calculation for those flying on Triple Sevens (I am an analyst after all).

Thanks to Swanhunter and the Seating Queries: First thread: :-:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ies-first.html

From this (with details seat maps and tail numbers), I’ve gathered that there are a total of 32 777s with F (out of a fleet of 46 777s, the remaining 14 in 3 class configuration with no F I would surmise). However, since the first one to be rolled out was G-VIIU, that is the 14 seat configuration (one of 20 777s with 14 F seats), that rules out any flights on a 17 F seat 777 (3 of those) or a 13 F seat 777 (9 of those). MMB shows my 3/8 flight is a 14 F seat 777 (so I’m in the running at least for NF, seats 2E and 2F). Unfortunately for me, MMB is showing my return flight on 8/22 is one of the old 17 seaters (not that I mind the old F, I still prefer it to AA Flagship Suites).

Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
SpeedbirdLHR indicated that G-VIIV may now be fitted with NF. That would make sense and according to ftdashboard’s marvelous tracking tool (http://www.ftdashboard.net) ^^ you can see at a glance when one of the aircraft puts in a stop at CWL (potentially/hopefully for a refit with NF). G-VIIV was at CWL from 27/4 to 10/5 (2 weeks, long enough for a refit it would seem). That metal also is a 14 F seat config. Now, using the ftdashboard, one could extrapolate when another 777 makes a stop. G-VIIW stopped in on 18/5 and was still there on 27/5 on the ftdashboard. According to flight24.com (http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-viiw/) G-VIIW returned to service on 1/6 (another 2 weeks out of service, and in sequence of tail number U, V, W). Could G-VIIX be next? According to flight24.com G-VIIX now appears to be at CWL.

So, with all this sleuthing (since apparently there’s no detailed official word from BA on the roll out other than over the next two years) there may be 4 777s with new F in service by mid-June, greatly increasing all of our odds of sitting in NF. I also noted that 2 of the 20 14 F seat 777s, G-VIIA/B fly from LGW (to BDA and BGA). That could actually reduce the pool to 18 777s if BA fits out the LHR 777s first.

So, for anyone showing a 14 F seat 777 on MMB here’s my calculated odds based on the increasing number of 777s fitted or soon to be fitted (based on 20 or 18 in the pool).

1 777 – Odds between 1 in 20 and 1 in 18 (5 to 5.56%)
2 777s – Odds between 1 in 10 and 1 in 9(10 to 11.11%)
3 777s – Odds between 3 in 20 and 1 in 6 (15 to 16.67)
4 777s – Odds between 2 in 10 and 2 in 9 (20 to 22.22%)

And with every new one added after that an increase of between 5 and 5.56% (so my chances could be up to between 35 and 38.89% by early August if 7 Triple 7s with NF are on line – I’m liking that).

If anyone could confirm G-VIIW has been fitted with NF and/or if G-VIIX is currently being fitted with NF, it would help solidify the odds and projections I’ve made or help me revise them).

If you’re on a 17 or 13 F seat 777, seems your odds are 0%, at least for the foreseeable future unless they start refitting these (which of course, would alter my other projections).

As for 747s, if what I’ve read holds true, the current plan is only the one 747 for now (G-CIVF) and there are 49 active 747s so your odds remain at 1 in 49 or 2.04% as Motors indicated. Slightly better than the 17 or 13 F seat 777s.

Of course if you’re Bill Nighy or Rachel Weisz, your odds are greatly improved.

YMMV

Cheers!

Last edited by TheFlyingFoodie; Jun 5, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.